Offensive Notes going into Game #5

StatTiger

Plays of 15-yards or more in the passing game...

The national ratio is 1 every 5.89 pass attempts.

Auburn is currently No. 114 nationally with 1 every 8.33 attempts.

LSU is No. 126.

The current yardage gained on 1st down nationally is 6.22 yards per play.

Teams are currently throwing 37.8% of the time on 1st down.

Auburn is currently averaging 4.64 yards per play on 1st down, No. 120 nationally.

Auburn currently throws the ball 21.5% of the time on 1st down, No. 117 nationally.

Auburn currently ranks No. 75 in third-down conversions. I found it interesting Georgia is No. 100 nationally in third-down conversions.

LSU is No. 126.

Auburn is currently averaging 4.64 yards per play on 1st down, No. 120 nationally.

Auburn currently throws the ball 21.5% of the time on 1st down, No. 117 nationally.

Auburn currently ranks No. 75 in third-down conversions. I found it interesting Georgia is No. 100 nationally in third-down conversions.

I'm not sure, but isn't Alabama fairly poor on third down as well? Their game will be sloppy this weekend, I'm sure.

Back to Auburn, first down ranking is troubling, considering its importance, especially in this offense.

I would guess Georgia is moving the chains on 1st and 2nd down and not having to rely on many 3rd down conversions.

I would guess Georgia is moving the chains on 1st and 2nd down and not having to rely on many 3rd down conversions.

The Bulldogs are currently #1 in the nation with the fewest number of 3rd down snaps on offense. Of their offensive snaps, only 13.0% have come on third-down.

On this same topic, Auburn is No. 18 nationally with 17.3% of their snaps coming on third-down. This is why I believe, if Auburn can begin to generate impact plays on a consistent basis, we will see this offense play at a much higher level.

This will only come if Auburn can hit those passes in the 11-20 yard range. Under Nick Marshall, Auburn hit those pass plays 54.5 percent of the time during 2013 and 2014. The 2015 Auburn offense has completed only 19.3 percent through 4 games.

This will only come if Auburn can hit those passes in the 11-20 yard range. Under Nick Marshall, Auburn hit those pass plays 54.5 percent of the time during 2013 and 2014. The 2015 Auburn offense has completed only 19.3 percent through 4 games.

Does that mean they attempt them on 54.5/19.3% of passing plays, or they complete them 54.5/19.3% of the time they attempt them?

Does that mean they attempt them on 54.5/19.3% of passing plays, or they complete them 54.5/19.3% of the time they attempt them?

completed 54.5% and 19.3% of their pass attempts, targeting the 11-20 yard range.

completed 54.5% and 19.3% of their pass attempts, targeting the 11-20 yard range.

10-4, thx.

LSU is No. 126.

I'm not sure, but isn't Alabama fairly poor on third down as well? Their game will be sloppy this weekend, I'm sure.

Back to Auburn, first down ranking is troubling, considering its importance, especially in this offense.

I think your right about bama. Them and ULM were combined 5/33 on 3rd conversions last week.

AU definitely needs to crank it up on 1st down!

I really do not care what we do on first downs as long as it can gain 5 or more yards. I think in due time SW will be able to read defenses and execute whatever play is called with much greater success. Our offense relies on finding the weakest point of the opposing defense, and exploit with deadly accuracy. JJ seemed lost too much to make our offense work the way it should. I am not by any means blaming JJ for all of our offensive deficiencies.

There are other things going on that play into the equation of making each play we run a success. However, the team feeds off of the QBs confidence and I saw this far more in the MSU game than the previous 3 games played. Look for far better execution from SW come Saturday. This game could not come at a better time in that SW can feed off of the success he had in the MSU game.

When we start back into SEC competition after the SJSU, we will be a different team that will be ready to win each game we play.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but in this offense au doesnt check out of plays. That is why Cam can't read nfl defenses. This system simplifies the play so all the quarterback has to do is run the play. The trouble that jj was having was that he was running the play and throwing to the primary receiver no matter if he was open or covered. Ive watched some plays this year where some receivers dont even run routes. If the play was suppose to go to one side of the field, the other side ran about 5 yards off the line of scrimmage and stood there.

If this is the case, our coaches need to call different plays on first down. Stop running the same plays because other teams have figured out what we are trying to do.

Cam is doing a fine job reading defenses this year. Prisco put a nice article about this on cbssports this week.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but in this offense au doesnt check out of plays. That is why Cam can't read nfl defenses. This system simplifies the play so all the quarterback has to do is run the play. The trouble that jj was having was that he was running the play and throwing to the primary receiver no matter if he was open or covered. Ive watched some plays this year where some receivers dont even run routes. If the play was suppose to go to one side of the field, the other side ran about 5 yards off the line of scrimmage and stood there.

If this is the case, our coaches need to call different plays on first down. Stop running the same plays because other teams have figured out what we are trying to do.

Apparently you haven't seen Cam in like 2-3 years.

Archived