Strength and Conditioning

oposssum

I am right. That is where effort and grit begins. That's where a TEAM is built.

Everyone in the SEC trains hard you idiot. Notice how there are still teams every year that just suck? "Effort and grit" goes out the freaking window when the team steps out onto the field and its obvious that they aren't good, and the coaching staff is lost. We're lifting the same weights we were in 2013, again, explain that one to me. You remember 2013 correct?

Seriously, the stupidity I try to argue on as daily basis...I'm going to have an aneurysm.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am right. That is where effort and grit begins. That's where a TEAM is built.

Did they not lift weights this year....?

Everybody seemed to like the YouTube summer workout video....when there was nothing else to talk about.

Everybody seemed to like the YouTube summer workout video....when there was nothing else to talk about.

Exactly LMFAO. Then the team steps onto the field looking like crap and its supposedly because we didn't train hard? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhhtttttt.

What we need is a few good leaders to step up and rally this team. Also I think it is time for Gus to put AU ahead of friendships. Rhett needs to go and we need to

hire an OC that will challenge Gus instead of a yes man. Defense is not great but the offense is the worst I have seen at AU other than 2012.WDE

Explain the lack of physicality Meta. I understand the freshman. This team should never be tested by a San José or a jack st. When did these guys self proclaim that they are a soft team? And they just decide to not try? Decide to take plays off? When and where did that begin meta? You got all the answers.

Explain the lack of physicality Meta. I understand the freshman. This team should never be tested by a San José or a jack st. When did these guys self proclaim that they are a soft team? And they just decide to not try? Decide to take plays off? When and where did that begin meta? You got all the answers.

Calm down brother, we're all friends here!

Meta it has everything to do with the weight room and off season training. Why are players dropping like fly's? Why is ROC injured every game? Why is an FCS oline pushing us to the back 40? Why can't Lambert shed a blocker? Come on guys. I give the freshman a pass.

Hammerheads on this board today

Why you tell him to calm down and not the guy who started the name calling?

You're right, everyone need to calm down.

Florida ... a WELL COACHED TEAM!!!

Ole Miss made it easy for UF with the turnovers and poor tackling...UF did take advantage of every opportunity like any team should

amen, metafour....idiocy

Yup. Back in 2013 when we were pushing teams around for fun everyone was all over Ryan Russell and how amazing he was Now in 2015 we stink and supposedly our players have all magically shrunk in two years? It is pure stupidity to even suggest.

We're getting pushed around because the players can see that we aren't a very good team, and thus the effort level is all over the place. It has nothing to do with the weight room. This team has obviously fallen big time, and the resulyts on the field will always show that. Good teams 'look' big, strong and fast. Bad teams 'look' small, weak, and slow.

I agree with you. The key word is "effort". These guys, save a small handful, are mailing it in every week it seems.

Players make plays. When they fail to execute it can be one of two things.....the player or the coaching. I see players out there missing their assignments and coaches coaching them up. It's not always on the coach........

This team is mentally weak, not physically weak. A mentally strong player gives everything they've got, the fight hard and want to challenge the opponent.

Honestly, this is not something new to AU football....we've seen our players mentally pack it in several times when adversity comes calling. Good coaches know how to get their team refocused and mentally prepared to compete after adversity.

Be patient, Gus is still learning to be a head coach. He's training on the job and it may take a while.

This team is mentally weak, not physically weak. A mentally strong player gives everything they've got, the fight hard and want to challenge the opponent.

Honestly, this is not something new to AU football....we've seen our players mentally pack it in several times when adversity comes calling. Good coaches know how to get their team refocused and mentally prepared to compete after adversity.

Be patient, Gus is still learning to be a head coach. He's training on the job and it may take a while.

He's not an intern. He gets CEO pay. He needs to figure it out, soon.

Makes you wonder how much Jacobs pushes his weight around in the coaches office. Sometimes having a former player that thinks he knows what needs to be done, instead of a business manager at AD isn't the best thing. I may be totally wrong about Jacobs' involvement, but who knows.

Makes you wonder how much Jacobs pushes his weight around in the coaches office. Sometimes having a former player that thinks he knows what needs to be done, instead of a business manager at AD isn't the best thing. I may be totally wrong about Jacobs' involvement, but who knows.

Just curious...but if you don't know anything...why suggest it? This is even less than a rumor IMO.

Who's in charge of Strength and Conditioning? Through the first 5 games, our guys on offense and defense seem to be gassed by mid 3rd quarter. It doesn't look as though their in top notch shape. Could that be part of our problem this year?

Who's in charge of Strength and Conditioning? Through the first 5 games, our guys seem to be gassed by mid 3rd quarter. It doesn't look as though their in top notch shape. Could that be part of our problem this year?

My favorite troll account

Who's in charge of Strength and Conditioning? Through the first 5 games, our guys seem to be gassed by mid 3rd quarter. It doesn't look as though their in top notch shape. Could that be part of our problem this year?

I think it's actually golf's alter.

I've always suspected it to be War Tiger's, and that he's constantly chastising himself.

He's not an intern. He gets CEO pay. He needs to figure it out, soon.

:thumbsup: Those two statements sum up our issues better than anything I have read.

As hard as it is to accept, Gus is not a natural born head coach. That's probably true for all HCs. Best case, we hired a talented beginner and just have to suffer through the development.

I've always suspected it to be War Tiger's, and that he's constantly chastising himself.

I'd like that even more.

Archived