Coach Tuberville at Tiger Walk

RunInRed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The admin did not support him but Tubs brought a lot of this on himself with his agent constantly searching for new work. That whole era had some emotional ups and downs.

I'll bet a bean burrito Tubbs isn't done coaching at AU. No inside info, just a gut feeling.

Probably just gas.

Either that or he had tacos

I miss Coach Tommy Tuberville. I did not agree with his firing then and I still do not now. I am glad that he still loves Auburn enough to send his son here for school. I would love to see CTT back at Auburn in some capacity in the future. CTT is a class act and I wish him well wherever the future leads him. And yes....his team won the MNC in 2004. It is a shame our "athletic director" did not have the guts to step forward like a man and acknowledge it.

I still have to stop and scratch my cranium why we fired a coach who beat bammer 7 times in a row. I know we won a NC with CGC and made it to the NC game with Gus. I will always think of Tubbs as the best coach we have ever had to date in many ways.

I hope Gus can get the ship back on course more than anyone I can think of. He will likely do so if we can be patient with the man and let him coach his way back to the top. I want to be able to say in 6 years that Gus is now the best coach we ever had in a long time.

I have always liked TT. I hated it when he left. I know some have mentioned he would be a good AD someday . . . maybe even at AU. I don't know about that, but I would love to have him affiliated with Auburn in some way in the future. War Eagle TT!

I appreciate CTT, but sense he's a bit burned out.

I've thought that a time or two myself over the past two years. I think it was the last game against Miami (but it may have been the Memphis game) where the announcers said something to the effect that TT was really enjoying coaching and had a lot of enthusiasm.

He does seem a bit different now then his early years at AU . . . maybe it's just age and wisdom.

I've thought that a time or two myself over the past two years. I think it was the last game against Miami (but it may have been the Memphis game) where the announcers said something to the effect that TT was really enjoying coaching and had a lot of enthusiasm.

He does seem a bit different now then his early years at AU . . . maybe it's just age and wisdom.

He made some comment after leaving Tech for Cincy that indicated he was glad to be in a less scrutinized environment. I think he still loves the game and competing, but is less enamored of the circus.

He made some comment after leaving Tech for Cincy that indicated he was glad to be in a less scrutinized environment. I think he still loves the game and competing, but is less enamored of the circus.

Yea, I think I remember that. He said something along the lines that he wasn't worried anymore about being on national TV every week . . . etc.

I'll bet a bean burrito Tubbs isn't done coaching at AU. No inside info, just a gut feeling.

So some how thet guy that the boosters went out of the way t replace an went duck hunting during some of the most important recruiting time will somehow bcome coach again.... I dont think so...

So some how thet guy that the boosters went out of the way t replace an went duck hunting during some of the most important recruiting time will somehow bcome coach again.... I dont think so...

AU has bounced between contender and dumpster fire since Tubbs left. Time heals a lot of wounds, Tubbs seems to love Auburn and boosters love winning. For the most part, Tubbs did that.

I miss CTT. I was in school at AU when he was our coach. We had consistent winning seasons, our players rarely got in trouble and were actually punished if they did, and we won big games. Sure, we lost some we shouldn't have lost, but that was a time when expectations surrounding college football hadn't become completely out of hand. I would take the consistency and type of program we had under CTT over the roller coaster we've been on since then any day of the week.

I miss CTT. I was in school at AU when he was our coach. We had consistent winning seasons, our players rarely got in trouble and were actually punished if they did, and we won big games. Sure, we lost some we shouldn't have lost, but that was a time when expectations surrounding college football hadn't become completely out of hand. I would take the consistency and type of program we had under CTT over the roller coaster we've been on since then any day of the week.

Well...in 10 years he had 2 seasons with 10 wins or more and had 19 players drafted (less than 2 a year). This isn't the same SEC is was 8 years ago and he was done with the circus then. He damn sure wouldn't do well in it now.

I wonder if we will ever have another head coach who can beat uat 6 years in a row like coach Tuberville did.

As soon as they have another run of Mikes

Ha!!!

AU has bounced between contender and dumpster fire since Tubbs left. Time heals a lot of wounds, Tubbs seems to love Auburn and boosters love winning. For the most part, Tubbs did that.

"Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me".

Archived