Sad, but True.

ShocksMyBrain

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Covino and rich on channel 93 in the AM is hilarious

I listen to Opie and Jimmy on the Opie channel(103) and Bennington(Raw Dog, 99 I think) on a daily basis. Deep Tracks and the Comedy Central Channel get major rotation.

The music channels range from very good to nothing but repeats--JamOn, I'm looking at you.

Well....thankfully I cancelled my Sirius subscription and can't listen to Pondscum tomorrow.

There's so much better stuff on Sirius than sports radio.

Yeah, well I get sucked into that circus.....I will get my Sirius back. Just holding out until they come down on the price for my renewal. Do it every year.

Lol. Losing 2 games and having to get rid of a guy with a bad attitude is now "imploding".... I bet we lose 4 or 5 this year and build for next year. That is not imploding...that is called being young, having injuries, and new coaching schemes. Happens to good teams all the time. We need not give a$$clowns like van pelt the time of day.

Lol. Losing 2 games and having to get rid of a guy with a bad attitude is now "imploding".... I bet we lose 4 or 5 this year and build for next year. That is not imploding...that is called being young, having injuries, and new coaching schemes. Happens to good teams all the time. We need not give a$$clowns like van pelt the time of day.

Foundation, hopefully you are right, but you know the saying ...

"Where there's smoke ..."

But when the blue and orange homer glasses come off, you'll see things differently. How about we had what was potentially the heisman front runner at qb with the 3rd best running back in the conference behind him. Then, all of a sudden, Jeremy can't hit the broad side of a barn and Jovon is riding the pine. Enter Sean. Has to get better now.....but who would know because we only let him pass TEN times against incredibly inferior competition. Luckily, he has arguably one of the best receivers in the conference in Duke Williams to throw to though......not.

Then, you have the defensive woes. We NEARLY LOST to JSU. JSU is a good team and all but...it's JSU vs Auburn. Then the next week Leonard Fournette trucks every player on the defense in route to over 220 rushing yards. We benched FIVE defensive starters after we got throttled by LSU, We have no defensive line push, Carl Lawson is a human egg shell, so on and so forth. When Auburn falls apart, they do it big. and they're darn good at it.

But when the blue and orange homer glasses come off, you'll see things differently. How about we had what was potentially the heisman front runner at qb with the 3rd best running back in the conference behind him. Then, all of a sudden, Jeremy can't hit the broad side of a barn and Jovon is riding the pine. Enter Sean. Has to get better now.....but who would know because we only let him pass TEN times against incredibly inferior competition. Luckily, he has arguably one of the best receivers in the conference in Duke Williams to throw to though......not.

Then, you have the defensive woes. We NEARLY LOST to JSU. JSU is a good team and all but...it's JSU vs Auburn. Then the next week Leonard Fournette trucks every player on the defense in route to over 220 rushing yards. We benched FIVE defensive starters after we got throttled by LSU, We have no defensive line push, Carl Lawson is a human egg shell, so on and so forth. When Auburn falls apart, they do it big. and they're darn good at it.

I understand your points, but disagree in part. Our "Heisman front runner and 3rd best RB in the SEC" had either very little or no D1 experience. I'd say that was all wishful thinking not entiry based of facts.

Second, our preseason expectations were out of line and solely based on coaching potential. We have a new Oline, several new receivers, a new qb and all new rbs....along with a new DC that had a HUGE mess to clean up. Add in big time injuries and you see where it leads. Name 1 school that has ever had this much uncertainty going into a season and performed like a top 10 team. I can think of zero.

Also, 5 players on D were benched only because the new boss is NOT the same as the old boss. They needed a good welcome to the new style moment and they got it. Our preseason expectations were too lofty and it's obvious now that the turnaround is not going to be instantaneous, but a slow and steady climb. The preseason expectations are the main reason everyone thinks we are failing and has got everyone so upset. I don't see it as failing. I see it as a young team with adversity that lacks leaders in the senior ranks. We just solved one of those issues with DW. I don't expect a great season, but guess what...that's ok. As long as we see a good future begin to take form by the END of the season, then there is nothing to worry about except missing 1 good season of football. I for one (and maybe the only one left) expect better things from this team by the end of the year. I think we have grinded down to the base of what we are and now will begin building it up for next year. Better times ahead.

WD2010: Mentioning Leonard Fournette is a little moot since he has rushed for 220+ in every game since the AU game, but everything else you said are good points.

I agree....I mean several teams are sitting at 3-2 now, yet Auburn is the dumpster fire. Get real, I agree with everything foundation said....

I agree....I mean several teams are sitting at 3-2 now, yet Auburn is the dumpster fire. Get real, I agree with everything foundation said....

The dumpster fire in CFB is in Austin Texas at the moment.

The dumpster fire in CFB is in Austin Texas at the moment.

... at the moment.

Have you watched a single game this season? We look like a 3-4 win team this season.

The only reason it's not 2-3 is because an FCS coach chose to sit on the ball with 40 seconds and a timeout to go 30-40 yards in a game where his offense hadn't been stopped all day. And there's a case to be made that we don't beat SJSU if we don't get 4 extra possessions. And we got our a**es absolutely handed to us by LSU. And we didn't score a single touchdown against the team that was picked to finish last in the division. But, hey, that first half against Louisville was great on one side of the ball!

We have a mediocre record against mostly terrible competition. We are statistically the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the SEC.

Bless your hearts.

I understand your points, but disagree in part. Our "Heisman front runner and 3rd best RB in the SEC" had either very little or no D1 experience. I'd say that was all wishful thinking not entiry based of facts.

Second, our preseason expectations were out of line and solely based on coaching potential. We have a new Oline, several new receivers, a new qb and all new rbs....along with a new DC that had a HUGE mess to clean up. Add in big time injuries and you see where it leads. Name 1 school that has ever had this much uncertainty going into a season and performed like a top 10 team. I can think of zero.

Also, 5 players on D were benched only because the new boss is NOT the same as the old boss. They needed a good welcome to the new style moment and they got it. Our preseason expectations were too lofty and it's obvious now that the turnaround is not going to be instantaneous, but a slow and steady climb. The preseason expectations are the main reason everyone thinks we are failing and has got everyone so upset. I don't see it as failing. I see it as a young team with adversity that lacks leaders in the senior ranks. We just solved one of those issues with DW. I don't expect a great season, but guess what...that's ok. As long as we see a good future begin to take form by the END of the season, then there is nothing to worry about except missing 1 good season of football. I for one (and maybe the only one left) expect better things from this team by the end of the year. I think we have grinded down to the base of what we are and now will begin building it up for next year. Better times ahead.

This oline is actually relatively experienced. Kozan, Coleman, and Young are all former starters. Smith is a beast. Golson was the only real question mark. However, I'd say that the oline has not been a huge problem. Inconsistent is what I would say. They've played moderately well, but have blown plays occasionally. The issue is really with everywhere else but running back. Defense has been horribly inconsistent with most of the plays going poorly. Aside from the return game against sjsu, special teams has been bad. Receivers are running poor routes and dropping passes. Quarterbacks have played like crap. Sean has shown no ability to throw down field. Johnson appears to have digressed as a passer.

We clearly have problems.

Good post

We won't be down to the base until we know who the real JJ is and, which ever way it works out, Gus accepts that fact.

The only reason it's not 2-3 is because an FCS coach chose to sit on the ball with 40 seconds and a timeout to go 30-40 yards in a game where his offense hadn't been stopped all day. And there's a case to be made that we don't beat SJSU if we don't get 4 extra possessions. And we got our a**es absolutely handed to us by LSU. And we didn't score a single touchdown against the team that was picked to finish last in the division. But, hey, that first half against Louisville was great on one side of the ball!

We have a mediocre record against mostly terrible competition. We are statistically the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the SEC.

Bless your hearts.

What you want to happen and what actually happened are two different things...we will never know but during this last drive the JSU QB could have very easily thrown another pick to Ford or maybe they would have fumbled and lost it....no assurances they would have just scored or made the field goal....

JMO but it's all about gullible fans believing the hype pumped out by the coaches and athletic departments of their schools and the complicit sports media. Kinda like those great product bulletins and videos coming our of Detroit about their latest greatest new car. I mean, who would ever buy one without a test drive ? If you do, don't blame others when it turns out to be less than advertised.

Pre-season polls, Pre-season All Star teams, Pre-season Heisman campaigns ? We laughed when someone mentioned Jake Coker for the Heisman last season and then this year jumped eagerly on the JJ train based on half a football game.

Buyer's remorse .....can find it all over Auburn, Oregon, Texas....and on it goes. We just have to keep things in perspective which is sometimes hard to do.

Meanwhile the season is less than half over and some have written off the rest of it. In the old days at this point we were still eagerly looking forward to the chance to get a bowl invitations. Those days are probably gone forever now that we've been to the promised land. Too bad....seems that trip to Arizona in 2010 took a lot of joy out of people's lives. JMO

Such as this is why when I'm asked prior to each season how I think the Tigers will do I respond, without fail, "Cautiously Optimistic." The ups and downs of being an Auburn fan has taught me it can go either way at any time. Love the team, support the team but always cautious on each season. No s***-talking from me before a season, ever. I have to eat less crow that way.

Archived