Status of Team after a few Practices

AuburnNTexas

I just read this article http://www.wsfa.com/story/30264993/auburn-tigers-improving-after-second-baskeball-scrimmage

It is 6 days old but it appears we improved a good bit from first scrimmage to second scrimmage. I like the fact that Pearl is honest and not a sunshine pumper. If we do something bad and need to improve he says it. If we do something good he talks about that also.

Just read an article...sorry no link..... Where Purifoy, Bowers, and Dunans lead the team in scoring this past scrimmage. First time I've heard much about Bowers this fall. I'm hoping it really helps his game not having to be the big guy all the time. Really hope Purifoy can get eligible. That would help our cause tremendously this year!

Just read an article...sorry no link..... Where Purifoy, Bowers, and Dunans lead the team in scoring this past scrimmage. First time I've heard much about Bowers this fall. I'm hoping it really helps his game not having to be the big guy all the time. Really hope Purifoy can get eligible. That would help our cause tremendously this year!

Well Purifoy is on the posters and all the other promo stuff. You have to imagine the staff is anticipating that he'll get cleared.

Well Purifoy is on the posters and all the other promo stuff. You have to imagine the staff is anticipating that he'll get cleared.

Well, he's got about 2 and a half weeks...

How can Purifoy participate in scrimmage without being cleared? Pardon my ignorance for NCAA rules in basketball, but it seems if he's not officially cleared he shouldn't be able to participate in official practices.

How can Purifoy participate in scrimmage without being cleared? Pardon my ignorance for NCAA rules in basketball, but it seems if he's not officially cleared he shouldn't be able to participate in official practices.

He's academically a student, therefore is being treated as a walk-on? Just guessing.

I looked him up on HUDL and Rivals. HUDL has him at6'2" and 200 pounds 4.59 forty and a senior. Rivals has him at 6' even and 176 pounds a 4.9 forty and a junior. I guess when he gets here we might at least know what his measurables really are.

When you're ineligible you can practice you just can't play and travel

Does that also go for football? I figured ineligible prevented you from any official sport activity.

I don't know, but my cousin lamonte Turner is a freshman for Tennessee and he's ineligible but he gets to practice. They wrote an article about him practicing and having to wait too. I'll try to find it

It's a pay for article now, but it talked about Rick Barnes wished he could play now because they need a point guard, and Barnes works him out himself not just the assistants, and he is going to play on the scout team.

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/basketball/uts-lamonte-turner-intends-to-make-best-out-of-worst_46768784

Archived