Time for O-Line to make a Statement

AuburnNTexas

Really expected the O line to be a strength but has turned out to be a weakness. Very dissapointing so far. The phrase "dancing bears", repeatedly comes to mind when watching our line play on both sides of the ball.

i thought the OL had a good game last night. again, not spectacular, but they played well enough. far from disappointing to me.

although i love barber, there are plenty of times he is going one way when the better option seems to be another. he gets those very tough yards, which he did repeatedly last night, but seems to get tripped up in the open field more easily than other backs despite his strength.

oh, another example of a play which i bet some attribute to the OL ... we had a third and long which we tried the double fake and were going to throw long. barber started to block the DE and then simply stopped (he and cox seemed to think the other had the block on the DE). the DE then got the sack. wonder how many people assumed that was the fault of the OL. we had 2 RB's who both screwed up and ended in a sack. not sure if the WR was open or not. I am curious about that.

that was a disappointing play. either could have sealed that long enough to get Sean out of the pocket or step up in the pocket. so far i think #36 is the better blocker at hback.

Oddly enough, we took a step forward in pass blocking and a step backward in run blocking. I attribute that to likely spending alot of time the last two weeks practicing pass blocking and not so much on the run blocking. Run blocking was ok, but seemed a little worse than it had been. I would like to say that the KY defense was the reason for a backwards step there, but coming in I believe they were dead last in the conference in rush defense so it's not a very good excuse...

I have never thought the O-line was a weakness for this team,but moving Coleman over to tightend did help the overall blocking.And as I've been saying for weeks Pettway is the better blocking H-back.

The O-line was never a weakness it just was inconsistent and made too many mistakes. They have been getting better every game. As they have improved and as SW has improved the O is slowly starting to become the force we have come to expect from Gus.

The O-line was never a weakness it just was inconsistent and made too many mistakes. They have been getting better every game. As they have improved and as SW has improved the O is slowly starting to become the force we have come to expect from Gus.

Agreed. They've looked exactly like what they were coming into the season: a really talented group that just needed to get some game experience with each other. They took a bigger step this week than I expected, though.

You have to remember there are no seniors starting in the o-line.Senior leadership is very important in the trenches.

Pass protection was good (given that we were playing against a UK DL and not Ole Miss, Texas A&M, uga and spuat). Run blocking was not so good.

wde

Archived