10 07 15 Notes

RunInRed

I really hope Williams is good to go the whole game against UK...

Roberts got some PT last year, right? Maybe he fits better in the 4-2-5 than what CWM is trying to do...that would be my only guess.

Sometimes we get so involved in which defense a player is better in we don't realize that it isn't the defense it is the player performance. No matter what defense you play certain things are the same. DB's have to be able to cover in man to man, DB's need to learn where to be in a zone and DB's need to come up and make a tackle on a run. There is no doubt that some players are better at some of these aspects then others but a solid DB should be able to do all three well in any defense.

Just throwing this out, but it's possible he hasn't picked up the new scheme enough for WM to feel comfortable putting him out there. I suppose an off week could help that a little if it's the case. Of course he could be like Lawson and have a mild day to day injury that could end his AU career :dunno:

Makes you wonder what they did the whole month of August.

The coaches got lazy and thought "we got this"

"13 seconds better" syndrome

Roberts got some PT last year, right? Maybe he fits better in the 4-2-5 than what CWM is trying to do...that would be my only guess.

Sometimes we get so involved in which defense a player is better in we don't realize that it isn't the defense it is the player performance. No matter what defense you play certain things are the same. DB's have to be able to cover in man to man, DB's need to learn where to be in a zone and DB's need to come up and make a tackle on a run. There is no doubt that some players are better at some of these aspects then others but a solid DB should be able to do all three well in any defense.

Just throwing this out, but it's possible he hasn't picked up the new scheme enough for WM to feel comfortable putting him out there. I suppose an off week could help that a little if it's the case. Of course he could be like Lawson and have a mild day to day injury that could end his AU career :dunno:

Pretty sure I have seen Roberts on almost every kick off team.

Makes you wonder what they did the whole month of August.

The coaches got lazy and thought "we got this"

"13 seconds better" syndrome

13 seconds out of 60 minutes is never good enough.

Archived