University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

DKW 86

http://www.dailywire...ms-pardes-seleh

University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

You mean hormonally dominated horny college age males doing stupid things when in close proximity to naked females?

Who could have predicted that happening? Anyone with a brain.

Will the hating ever stop?

The nerve of these bigots, not wanting to be naked or half clothed in front of random members of the opposite sex!

We're all just people , what's the big deal ?

The nerve of these bigots, not wanting to be naked or half clothed in front of random members of the opposite sex!

Raptor, in a weird way, you are exactly correct.

If we were not so Victorianized by Western Culture over the last 130? years or so, we would be much more mature and more open to "normalcy."

Folks bathed nude socially for 1000s of years. Swimsuits, the idea of a swim "suit," other than your birthday suit, has only been around for about 2.3% of the time in the last 7000 years. In Europe, imho a much more mature culture at least on this matter, social bathing is still not that big a deal. Males swam nude at the YMCA until as late as the 70s. For Japanese Families, bathing nude is a part of their culture. But now, we (the US) have this crazy, prudish, "immature" (my word, i know there is a much better term out there somewhere) culture that has just turned us into overly sexualized nuts. So, while i get that we, folks in the US, need to get de-sensitized to nudity, to get back to the real-rest-of-the-world norm and we need to lose some the prudishness we have now, I think starting in a college dorm setting should have been one of the last places in America to start this.

I went to boot camp and was showering with 80-90 guys at the same time. We used the bathroom in basically an open area. So i maybe i lost whatever modesty i had early on. but now, it is just backwards how crazily over sexualized American Culture has turned out to be. Re-reading THEODORE REX at this time. Teddy, and many other Presidents, bathed naked in the Potomac in the early 1900s. He was still bathing naked as POTUS long after the Victorian Era began. In Mark Twain's HUCKLEBERRY FINN Huck and Jim spent most of their time on the raft naked floating down the Mississippi. Millions have read that book and never even flinched at that. FOLKS, TODAY WE THINK BREASTFEEDING IS AN OUTRAGE. Feeding your child is as normal a human function as can be.

7.png

History of the Swimsuit

Timeline of Social Nudity

Breast Feeding by the Numbers-57% of US Moms BF at least some.

Victorianized Europeans aren't the only ones in the world averse to nudity. Show some bare shoulder or a nekkid ankle in most of the Middle East, and you'll have hell to pay.

Funny locker room cartoon. Too damn true, sad to say.

Victorianized Europeans aren't the only ones in the world averse to nudity. Show some bare shoulder or a nekkid ankle in most of the Middle East, and you'll have hell to pay.

Funny locker room cartoon. Too damn true, sad to say.

Let's address one culture at a time.

If we were not so Victorianized by Western Culture over the last 130? years or so, we would be much more mature and more open to "normalcy."

Folks bathed nude socially for 1000s of years. Swimsuits, the idea of a swim "suit," other than your birthday suit, has only been around for about 2.3% of the time in the last 7000 years. In Europe, imho a much more mature culture at least on this matter, social bathing is still not that big a deal. Males swam nude at the YMCA until as late as the 70s. For Japanese Families, bathing nude is a part of their culture. But now, we (the US) have this crazy, prudish, "immature" (my word, i know there is a much better term out there somewhere) culture that has just turned us into overly sexualized nuts. So, while i get that we, folks in the US, need to get de-sensitized to nudity, to get back to the real-rest-of-the-world norm and we need to lose some the prudishness we have now, I think starting in a college dorm setting should have been one of the last places in America to start this.

I went to boot camp and was showering with 80-90 guys at the same time. We used the bathroom in basically an open area. So i maybe i lost whatever modesty i had early on. but now, it is just backwards how crazily over sexualized American Culture has turned out to be. Re-reading THEODORE REX at this time. Teddy, and many other Presidents, bathed naked in the Potomac in the early 1900s. He was still bathing naked as POTUS long after the Victorian Era began. In Mark Twain's HUCKLEBERRY FINN Huck and Jim spent most of their time on the raft naked floating down the Mississippi. Millions have read that book and never even flinched at that. FOLKS, TODAY WE THINK BREASTFEEDING IS AN OUTRAGE. Feeding your child is as normal a human function as can be...

However, what you didn't have was you showering in front of 80-90 other people, half of which were women. And they didn't have to shower, change clothes or go to the bathroom in front of you and the other fellas either. I realize in combat zones a lot of privacy stuff goes by the wayside because there's no other choice. That doesn't mean it should be the norm.

I went to boot camp and was showering with 80-90 guys at the same time. We used the bathroom in basically an open area. So i maybe i lost whatever modesty i had early on. but now, it is just backwards how crazily over sexualized American Culture has turned out to be. Re-reading THEODORE REX at this time. Teddy, and many other Presidents, bathed naked in the Potomac in the early 1900s. He was still bathing naked as POTUS long after the Victorian Era began. In Mark Twain's HUCKLEBERRY FINN Huck and Jim spent most of their time on the raft naked floating down the Mississippi. Millions have read that book and never even flinched at that. FOLKS, TODAY WE THINK BREASTFEEDING IS AN OUTRAGE. Feeding your child is as normal a human function as can be...

However, what you didn't have was you showering in front of 80-90 other people, half of which were women. And they didn't have to shower, change clothes or go to the bathroom in front of you and the other fellas either. I realize in combat zones a lot of privacy stuff goes by the wayside because there's no other choice. That doesn't mean it should be the norm.

Titan, like the gym graphic was poking fun at, we are prudes even with the same sex.

Titan, like the gym graphic was poking fun at, we are prudes even with the same sex.

I don't think not wanting to see old dudes talking sports for 20 minutes buck naked is really about being a prude personally.

I don't think not wanting to see old dudes talking sports for 20 minutes buck naked is really about being a prude personally.

Whoosh...right over yo head. :no:

Titan, it is just life. When you go to a GYMNASIUM, you do know that even the name GYMNASIUM has imbedded in it the idea of schooling-exercise-being naked, you are likely to find...NAKED people there. Some scholars define the term as "the place to be naked." If you have SHOWERS there, you have be nude to take a shower unless you are some kind of really freaked out weirdo.

People are going to be naked in a gym locker room, Get over it.

People are going to be naked or near naked in the sauna, Get over it.

People are going to be naked getting in and out of the shower, Get over it.

People are going to be naked changing in and out of clothes, Get over it.

Mother's Breastfeed, get over it.

The problem with 21st American culture is that we are so offended by every freakin thing now days that even perfectly normal practices across the globe are now frowned upon by highly over sensitized freaks that can no longer even accept what is normal. For 7000 plus years, hell for all of the history of humanity, all this stuff was normal, non-threatening, everyday behavior of righteous and holy people. Only some overly religious people like Pope Pius, the Pope that had all the genitals chiseled off the Vatican's Classical Statuary, and now American Religious Nutz have redefined everything as a sin even when it had no bad connotation throughout history.

Nude Baptism in Early Christianity

Apostolic Baptism in the Nude

Early Church Baptism was in the Nude

Practice of Baptizing Naked/Catacombs Show this.

Jewish Mikveh/Baptism was in the Nude

Religious Nutz have once again taken what was a normal, everyday Judaeo-Christian practice and have, as they do in almost all instances, screwed it up.

Hey let's just eliminate men's and women's locker roms and bathrooms and just put everyone together.

In our ancient culture they did. In some other cultures they do. I am not saying that at all. I am just saying that going back to what OUR history really says and getting away from highly over sexualized everything,like we have now is a good thing. Hell we sexualize the selling of car wax, hamburgers, beer, everything.

Titan, it is just life. When you go to a GYMNASIUM, you do know that even the name GYMNASIUM has imbedded in it the idea of schooling-exercise-being naked, you are likely to find...NAKED people there. Some scholars define the term as "the place to be naked." If you have SHOWERS there, you have be nude to take a shower unless you are some kind of really freaked out weirdo.

People are going to be naked in a gym locker room, Get over it.

People are going to be naked or near naked in the sauna, Get over it.

People are going to be naked getting in and out of the shower, Get over it.

People are going to be naked changing in and out of clothes, Get over it.

Mother's Breastfeed, get over it.

The problem with 21st American culture is that we are so offended by every freakin thing now days that even perfectly normal practices across the globe are now frowned upon by highly over sensitized freaks that can no longer even accept what is normal. For 7000 plus years, hell for all of the history of humanity, all this stuff was normal, non-threatening, everyday behavior of righteous and holy people. Only some overly religious people like Pope Pius, the Pope that had all the genitals chiseled off the Vatican's Classical Statuary, and now American Religious Nutz have redefined everything as a sin even when it had no bad connotation throughout history.

Nude Baptism in Early Christianity

Apostolic Baptism in the Nude

Early Church Baptism was in the Nude

Practice of Baptizing Naked/Catacombs Show this.

Jewish Mikveh/Baptism was in the Nude

Religious Nutz have once again taken what was a normal, everyday Judaeo-Christian practice and have, as they do in almost all instances, screwed it up.

Well first, we have a better understanding of what is sanitary now. There are reasons we don't exercise naked anymore that has zilch to do with prudishness.

But even aside from that, it's not about being a religious nut. I get that people shower and get dressed and that involves temporary nudity. I don't hide in a corner or go to a bathroom stall to put on my boxers after a shower. I don't stand in the corner of the shower so no one sees my pee pee. I completely get that people will be naked at various times in a locker room and I'm not uncomfortable or bothered by reasonable instances of nudity in that context. I played sports where the shower area was just one big room with shower heads sticking out of the wall. I'm not proposing that everyone shower in bathing suits and build a tent around their locker lest anyone get a glimpse of a butt cheek or a penis.

BUT...when I'm done with my shower, I towel off and then wrap the towel around my waist. I walk to my locker, I find my clothes. I drop the towel and casually put on my underwear. That entire operation from removing the towel to having on boxers takes maybe 10-20 seconds. That's just acting normal. I'm in no hurry and I'm probably having a conversation. What I don't do is drop the towel and wander around naked. I don't stand at the sink for 20 minutes styling my hair in the buff. I don't carry on lengthy conversations in the nude. I don't blow dry my privates in the locker room (I don't blow dry my privates at all). I don't kick back naked on the bench in front of my locker to just hang out for a while. That's what's funny about that comic. Normal people aren't wound up about being naked, but neither are they eager to revel in it. They understand some things are properly and normally done naked and then other things are normally and properly done with some degree of clothing on.

Stop trying to cram everyone into some nutter box you have to puff up how unreligious and hip you are. Some times regular degrees of modesty and hygienic thinking have zilch to do with being a religious prude who blushes at the sight of genitals.

If one more person tries to tell me how much more enlightened and sophisticated European culture is compared to the United States, I think I'll throw up I've been to Europe and it isn't enlightened so much as snotty and arrogant. They're so tolerant that they're committing cultural suicide.

In fifty man or eighty man showers, you would be surprised about how close the shower heads are to each other. The Romanians shower with two people per shower and the shower is no bigger than any other service members. So yeah I guess they are more culturally ready for that kind of intrusion into personal privacy. Even in boot camp when standing in line for chow or meds or whatever, we were taught to line up "nut to butt" so from the very beginning, we were taught that our personal bubbles would be popped.

And generally I have to agree with the gym graphic. I go to the gym every day and it is always the older people that walk to the showers naked, not the younger people.

And generally I have to agree with the gym graphic. I go to the gym every day and it is always the older people that walk to the showers naked, not the younger people.

Obligatory Oatmeal comic:

Darn it, DKW. Beat me to it by a mile.

So you are now arguing the humorous content of a cartoon?

It is humerous because it is true. That's all im saying

Archived