Another drone crashed in D.C. last night.

AURaptor

WASHINGTON — U.S. Park Police have confiscated a drone that crash-landed on the Ellipse, near the White House.

At 1:20 a.m. Park Police and the U.S. Secret Service responded to a report that a small drone was being operated from the grounds of the Washington Monument early Friday.

The drone crossed Constitution Avenue and crashed on the Ellipse, the grassy area between the Monument and the White House grounds.

This is the ninth incident involving illegal operation of an unmanned aircraft system in a Greater Washington area national park in 2015, and the 26th since 2013, according to police.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/10/drone-crashes-on-ellipse-near-white-house/

The federal government and secret service does such a great job of protecting DC, we should all sleep safe every night.

This is either ...

A coordinated operation by certain individuals who are intentionally prodding and testing D.C. in particular as a means of testing the defenses of the SS and DHS , for some potential actions to be taken later.

or

Just a bunch of idiots who either feel a rush of adrenaline in trying to test the limits of our national security to 'see what happens' , or they really do forget there even was a 9-11, and such things as flying drones over restricted areas, at night, isn't anything that should cause a fuss.

This is either ...

A coordinated operation by certain individuals who are intentionally prodding and testing D.C. in particular as a means of testing the defenses of the SS and DHS , for some potential actions to be taken later.

or

Just a bunch of idiots who either feel a rush of adrenaline in trying to test the limits of our national security to 'see what happens' , or they really do forget there even was a 9-11, and such things as flying drones over restricted areas, at night, isn't anything that should cause a fuss.

If it is the latter, you can bet that people in the first group are paying close attention to this.

From time to time, folks " forget " they had a weapon in their bag, and run off to the airport, only to get arrested. This seems to be largely in excess of that sort of scenario, where folks are using drones , as they would anywhere else across the country, and just are forgetting that D.C. has restricted air space or something.

I find that stretches the bounds of Occam's Razor.

Maybe Obama should start paying more attention to drones than guns.

I don't have Showtime, so I've never seen ' Homeland ', but apparently there was a scathing scene about US policy in the Middle East, primarily regarding ISIS, Syria, and what really is going on there.

In short, it paints a picture of the US, and the West in general, not taking seriously the threat of militant Islam.

I didn't see the episode, but did hear the audio of the scene... pretty telling, and scary.

I don't have Showtime, so I've never seen ' Homeland ', but apparently there was a scathing scene about US policy in the Middle East, primarily regarding ISIS, Syria, and what really is going on there.

In short, it paints a picture of the US, and the West in general, not taking seriously the threat of militant Islam.

I didn't see the episode, but did hear the audio of the scene... pretty telling, and scary.

That's pretty funny considering the lives and treasure we've spent since 9/11.

That's pretty funny considering the lives and treasure we've spent since 9/11.

Why do you say that ? The J.V. team seems to be going on just fine, obtaining new territory and recruits, despite our previous efforts. We did waste much obtaining parts of Iraq, in particular, only to lay down arms, and walk away.

But it was because we ignored militant Islam, that we got 9-11 in the first place. We tried to treat this idealism by treating the threat as mere criminals, and not as a military assault on our nation. It's a mindset which few want to wake up to, in part because of the P.C. b.s that's gripped this nation and the West in general.

The sooner that nonsense stops, the sooner we can get to defeating the threat.

This is either ...

or

Probably the latter. Just like the idiots at Auburn that still call in bomb threats to clear the building because they have an exam that they are not prepared for. Spring of 14 I had classes interrupted or cancelled 6 times I think it was due to bomb threats, spotted backpacks, and of course the writings on a bathroom wall.

This is either ...

or

Probably the latter. Just like the idiots at Auburn that still call in bomb threats to clear the building because they have an exam that they are not prepared for. Spring of 14 I had classes interrupted or cancelled 6 times I think it was due to bomb threats, spotted backpacks, and of course the writings on a bathroom wall.

Probably. Maybe.

This is either ...

or

Probably. Maybe.

Probably. Maybe. Who really cares, most of this board would spank it if something happened to Obama.

Probably. Maybe. Who really cares, most of this board would spank it if something happened to Obama.

If and ONLY if it happened to Joe Biden at the very same time.

Thats mighty Al Qaeda of you.

Thats mighty Al Qaeda of you.

No no, Obama took care of them, remember ?

All Obama, All the time. :-\/>

Well, he is the Agitator In Chief, after all.

Did ya catch his horrible interview ? AGW a bigger concern of his than militant Islam.

Gee, I wonder why .

Did ya catch his horrible interview ? AGW a bigger concern of his than militant Islam.

Gee, I wonder why .

Well it is. You have to be a "hoaxer" to not understand that.

Gee, I wonder why .

How many rapes. , murders , beheadings & tortures does it take to open your eyes?

AGW hasn't cost anyone their life. It's a complete non issue.

So how much time in your day does thinking about/being angry with Obama consist of? Judging by these posts, I guessing a sizable portion.

So how much time in your day does thinking about/being angry with Obama consist of? Judging by these posts, I guessing a sizable portion.

Just like Bruce Banner, a k a the Hulk, I'm always angry @ Obama .

j/k

Actually, if takes very little time out of my day. Just long enough to post.

Gee, I wonder why .

How many rapes. , murders , beheadings & tortures does it take to open your eyes?

AGW hasn't cost anyone their life. It's a complete non issue.

Climate change will affect millions, if not billions globally. There will be more extreme storms, drought, famine, population displacement, war, etc.

It's already started. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/27/climate-change-kills-400-000-a-year-new-report-reveals.html

Sticking your head in the sand won't change a thing.

Climate change will affect millions, if not billions globally. There will be more extreme storms, drought, famine, population displacement, war, etc.

Absolute bull s***. We were told that pile of mess after Katrina. Hasn't happened in 10 years, won't happen in my life time either.

It's already started. http://www.thedailyb...rt-reveals.html

Sticking your head in the sand won't change a thing.

wDOo2.gif

Archived