Why does it seem like our beat reporters dislike the team?

cole256

I know this season has sucked so far so it's not like they have too much good stuff to say but damn. Even little stuff that may have been a joke or whatnot are taken out of context to make a bogus story it seems. Even when they do their video reports it's a bunch of told you so's and even their facial expressions bother me. Only time they smile is when they joke on the team. Or is this just me?

I rarely go to al.com but I went to see what they had about Duke getting dismissed the day it happened. There were 10 different articles with Duke's name in the headline. I know it was a big story but talk about piling on the negatives. They didn't even have any information at that point it was just repetitive stuff about how bad the season is going.

Examples?

They just recently wrote a story about our qb's not going to private coaches raising concern. He then talked about how cam was stomped by Gruden in that qb segment he does with rookie qb's. Now the way I understood the video Gruden asks cam to give him some complicated Auburn calls and cam says there really aren't any. The calls are simple so they can move fast. In the story though it leads you to believe that Gruden asked cam some stuff he should know but he doesn't because Auburn's offense is so remedial

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/auburn_gus_malzahn_quarterback_island.html

That guy sometimes seem to have that attitude every now and again but the other guy that pairs with him...He really rubs me the wrong way

Examples?

They just recently wrote a story about our qb's not going to private coaches raising concern. He then talked about how cam was stomped by Gruden in that qb segment he does with rookie qb's. Now the way I understood the video Gruden asks cam to give him some complicated Auburn calls and cam says there really aren't any. The calls are simple so they can move fast. In the story though it leads you to believe that Gruden asked cam some stuff he should know but he doesn't because Auburn's offense is so remedial

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/auburn_gus_malzahn_quarterback_island.html

Marcello and his former partner use to be really good on the Auburn coverage. Then his partner left this year. Now he is teamed up with James Creapa and you can definitely see a change in Marcello from that negative influence. Best thing to do is just stay away from that pig sty.

That guy sometimes seem to have that attitude every now and again but the other guy that pairs with him...He really rubs me the wrong way

Yep, that is James Creapa. He is the one that was brow beating JJ with the same questions over and over again.

Yeah the guy who left covers the saints now. I'm glad somebody sees it besides me. You see I don't ever do the conspiracy stuff and all of that but this stuff just stand out like a sore thumb to me. I liked the guy who left, and the guy before him as well. I want to say the creapa guy is the person that asked jj that getting replaced question then made such a big deal that he said he wouldn't have a reaction. I think maybe Gus or somebody on the coaching staff did something during summer or something that pissed him off and he's carrying it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe to most people, being a beat writer is a job. They don't really have any allegiance to the school they are covering. Quite frankly in the state of Alabama the vast majority are uaters. It all goes back to how uat controls virtually all media outlets in the state. The only people you will find that will accurately and objectively report on Auburn are at sites such as Rivals and Scout. The idiots at al.com hate auburn and always have. Don't ever expect a fair shake when it comes to media coverage in the state of Alabama. It simply isn't going to happen.

Yep, that is James Creapa. He is the one that was brow beating JJ with the same questions over and over again.

He made a video a week or two ago saying people tried to say jj's reaction wasn't a big deal but clearly it was. Pretty much a told you so

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe to most people, being a beat writer is a job. They don't really have any allegiance to the school they are covering. Quite frankly in the state of Alabama the vast majority are uaters. It all goes back to how uat controls virtually all media outlets in the state. The only people you will find that will accurately and objectively report on Auburn are at sites such as Rivals and Scout. The idiots at al.com hate auburn and always have. Don't ever expect a fair shake when it comes to media coverage in the state of Alabama. It simply isn't going to happen.

I actually liked and enjoyed the two guys prior though. I believe their names were Andy Bitter (sp) and Joel Erickson

Not much good to report now and our football team's play on the field and actions off of the field are inviting negative/sarcastic reporting. We certainly were getting a lot of love before we started playing games.

wde

I think it is a few reasons :they have no real ties to the school, journalists have lost integrity nowadays for the most part.

They need clicks on a website, they know that a storyline bashing Auburn (warranted or not) is probably worth more due to bammers wanting to see bad stuff about Auburn. It's about ratings and clicks to them.

Erickson went to Missouri....which is known for producing some of the best journalists so he probably cared more for reporting fairly.

Journalism? :laugh: There is no true journalism anymore. Like wdefromtx said, it's all about clicks, not journalistic integrity. Sensationalism sells not truth.

I think it is a few reasons :they have no real ties to the school, journalists have lost integrity nowadays for the most part.

They need clicks on a website, they know that a storyline bashing Auburn (warranted or not) is probably worth more due to bammers wanting to see bad stuff about Auburn. It's about ratings and clicks to them.

Erickson went to Missouri....which is known for producing some of the best journalists so he probably cared more for reporting fairly.

They wrote a story about muschamp saying the joke about nobody has to pass on us

I actually liked and enjoyed the two guys prior though. I believe their names were Andy Bitter (sp) and Joel Erickson

Those two guys have talent. The ones we have now don't.

That ESPN reporter Mark Schlabach (uga grad) actually slipped up one night when I was on one of their message boards. It's was back when they attacked us over that spice article about players being on the stuff. He posted out there that two of their biggest college football fanbases were bama and uga and that they needed to write negative articles about Auburn to feed the bottom line. The post got deleted when he got attacked for it on social media and he claimed he never made the post. I was there it was a reply to my post about ESPN constantly attacking us. I took a screen shot of it and sent it to Auburn SID. Back then (2011 i think) they were attacking us weekly.

Journalism? :laugh:/> There is no true journalism anymore. Like wdefromtx said, it's all about clicks, not journalistic integrity. Sensationalism sells not truth.

There is such a thing as "true journalism". Pretty clear the only thing you have anything to base this off of is al.com beat writers.

Journalism? :laugh:/> There is no true journalism anymore. Like wdefromtx said, it's all about clicks, not journalistic integrity. Sensationalism sells not truth.

There is such a thing as "true journalism". Pretty clear the only thing you have anything to base this off of is al.com beat writers.

True journalism is becoming harder and harder to find nowadays though.

The media spent months attacking Cam's character coming out of college, he is now becoming the face of the NFL for off the field charity work. He is going to be hosting a kid's show on Nickelodeon next year. They spent months attacking Jameis Winston. He looks like a saint now compared to what is going on in the NFL. No one has heard a bad character word about him yet down here in Tampa. His play is bad but he is very well liked by the media down here now. It just goes to show you that you cannot trust sports media. They need sports villains to write about and they are willing to create them if they need to.

Examples?

http://www.al.com/au...ack_island.html

Marcello and his former partner use to be really good on the Auburn coverage. Then his partner left this year. Now he is teamed up with James Creapa and you can definitely see a change in Marcello from that negative influence. Best thing to do is just stay away from that pig sty.

I'm pretty sure I've heard that Marcello is a Miss State fan. I know for a fact he used to cover Mississippi State but I can't verify the former.

Creephead is an Ohio State grad and moved to al.poop after causing major subscriber problems with his Auburn coverage in the Montgomery Advertiser after J.G. Tate left that rag.

Archived