Why does it seem like our beat reporters dislike the team?

cole256

What's up with the creapa dude? Why take the job if you don't want to do it?

Because you want the paycheck

These beat writers have no personal affection for the schools they cover....only looking to post news items that get attention of readers....and hopefully generating enough readership that some larger newspaper or blog site will hire them.

Anyone wanting to generate readers and advance their careers in the state of Alabama quickly figures out that the way to do so is by attracting bammers....who comprise about 75% of the sports following public in the state.

Just live with it....and don't read most of their stuff....that's my theory anyway.

What's up with the creapa dude? Why take the job if you don't want to do it?

Because you want the paycheck

These beat writers have no personal affection for the schools they cover....only looking to post news items that get attention of readers....and hopefully generating enough readership that some larger newspaper or blog site will hire them.

Anyone wanting to generate readers and advance their careers in the state of Alabama quickly figures out that the way to do so is by attracting bammers....who comprise about 75% of the sports following public in the state.

Just live with it....and don't read most of their stuff....that's my theory anyway.

I hear ya. That creapa dude seems like he has something personal going on with if not the school somebody associated to us

The beat writers are horrible, but even the guys on "Tiger Talk" radio have turned into whining, bratty crybabies who seem to have it in for our coaches. Real journalism is in the past.

Cause it panders to the public and get the hits and clicks.

As mentioned several times in Alabama, so many Alabama fans that will read anything bad about Auburn (heck there are several Alabama commenters you will see on every single Auburn article at al.com). Then to be honest, making negative comments and being degrading of the Auburn program is pretty damn popular with Auburn fans at the moment also. People want justification by others that Gus and Will are doing it wrong, that X and X are not developing, etc etc.

Journalism? :laugh:/> There is no true journalism anymore. Like wdefromtx said, it's all about clicks, not journalistic integrity. Sensationalism sells not truth.

There is such a thing as "true journalism". Pretty clear the only thing you have anything to base this off of is al.com beat writers.

Well if you go back to the crap we dealt with in 2010, he's absolutely right. They all parroted the same information and none of it was accurate. Not one writer did one ounce of research on the issue at all. They took whatever the uat controlled media came out with and ran with it on a national scale. A true journalist would investigate every aspect of the story and present both sides equally. That was never done by anybody in 2010. It definitely isn't something exclusive to al.com.

Journalism? :laugh:/> There is no true journalism anymore. Like wdefromtx said, it's all about clicks, not journalistic integrity. Sensationalism sells not truth.

There is such a thing as "true journalism". Pretty clear the only thing you have anything to base this off of is al.com beat writers.

Well if you go back to the crap we dealt with in 2010, he's absolutely right. They all parroted the same information and none of it was accurate. Not one writer did one ounce of research on the issue at all. They took whatever the uat controlled media came out with and ran with it on a national scale. A true journalist would investigate every aspect of the story and present both sides equally. That was never done by anybody in 2010. It definitely isn't something exclusive to al.com.

Doyel, don't remember the first name, and not entirely sure if that's the correct last name was the only member of the media that came remotely close to having our back.

I come down on the side of disliking these dudes. I agree with Cole, they do seem a little bitter or critical in a way that does not report anything. They just seem to want to say anything that satisfies their need to be critical.

it's a blog run by wannabes who cater to the meth heads, directed by updyke academy power brokers. If these losers want a job or tickets and other benefits to

uat games they write negative articles about Auburn. al.com is a marketing, recruiting tool for uat.

There are a lot of problems with this team right now; -- on and off the field.

What would you expect them to say? It's a great day for AU fans?

It's not about only what they say, I provided an example and a link....But ok

True...and of course, these guys are not fans, it's a job for them and they are aiming at the biggest audience they can find. In the state of Alabama and the al.com market area it's about 75% bammers if the polls can be believed. And seems that a good number of the bammers like the Jerry Springer approach to "journalism".....the more scandalous the state's sports hacks can make the story sound, the more readers/clicks they get.

Don';t take it personally...and don't help them out when six different guys post stories about the same subject.....and re-post a couple additional times with different headlines but no new information. ..just don't help them out.

If this crap just started now it would be one thing. It's been the same ol' same ol' for years now. The only time I go to al.com is when someone here posts a link that I feel compelled to check out.

Quoting Cole256: "I actually liked and enjoyed the two guys prior though. I believe their names were Andy Bitter (sp) and Joel Erickson". Andy Bitter and Joel Erickson both first came to this part of the country as Auburn beat writers at the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. It's not affiliated with al.com and is the only paper in which I've seen Auburn get a fair shake since Jay G. Tate left the Montgomery Advertiser.

I remember both would host little chat sessions with the fan base and everything. Not these guys. And I know it's big boy ball now but was it really in good taste to hit jj with the getting pulled question right after the game? Then writing a story to bash him off the answer to his question.

There's not a whole lot can say about the way this team is playing or this staff is coaching. Do you want the AU beat reporters to poor sugar on everything and act as though everything is going as planned and look the other way when there not?

There's not a whole lot can say about the way this team is playing or this staff is coaching. Do you want the AU beat reporters to poor sugar on everything and act as though everything is going as planned and look the other way when there not?

dog gone homophones.

Once again thanks for the confirmation

I know this season has sucked so far so it's not like they have too much good stuff to say but damn. Even little stuff that may have been a joke or whatnot are taken out of context to make a bogus story it seems. Even when they do their video reports it's a bunch of told you so's and even their facial expressions bother me. Only time they smile is when they joke on the team. Or is this just me?

Most al.com articles are just fodder for the mullets a place to bash Auburn freely. I made 2 different ids said the exact statement one on an AU thread one on a bammer just changing the team name. The one on the bammer thread was deleted in 15 minutes. Last time I checked the AU thread post was still there.

I wrote the guy on Twitter and he told me to watch the Gruden and cam video again....I watched it again and just as plain as day Gruden asks cam to give him some complex play calls from Auburn's offense and cam says he can't because a pay for us can be a number. It's supposed to be simple so they can move fast

I know this season has sucked so far so it's not like they have too much good stuff to say but damn. Even little stuff that may have been a joke or whatnot are taken out of context to make a bogus story it seems. Even when they do their video reports it's a bunch of told you so's and even their facial exp<b></b>ressions bother me. Only time they smile is when they joke on the team. Or is this just me?

I have noticed this as well. My take is that they ran out of "Preparation H," and spend the good part of their day sitting on a cactus. They are paid big money to behave in the manner that they do. Anything remotely positive is taboo in their take of things.

In modern 'journalism', making your editor/owner happy is the key to continued employment. If there's a company slant, that's the way your writing/reporting leans.

Archived