Where the 97% consensus number comes from

cooltigger21

Only, I did not plagiarize.

I typed in " jail climate change deniers " and then had to scroll down the the relevant part. It was a quote with in a story, so I forgot to link and " quote " it. This isn't a freaking term paper.

There are plenty of other links and stories out there, of folks saying the same or similar thing.

Lighten up, Francis.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pasting someone else's words without attribution is the very definition of the word.

Pasting someone else's words without attribution is the very definition of the word.

Boo frelling hoo. Get over yourself. Every other thing I posted, I quoted and linked. Get off this non issue and get back to the other non issue. Or are you gonna start whining about this one as well ?

Boo frelling hoo. Get over yourself. Every other thing I posted, I quoted and linked. Get off this non issue and get back to the other non issue. Or are you gonna start whining about this one as well ?

I find your lack of integrity hilarious.

DC13CE82-DB10-4CB8-8175-3C84E88FAB92_zpsc3d2dwu3.png

you're not gettin over yourself very well, it seems.

I know and explained what i did, and corrected it.

From now on, I expect you to copy / paste every single typo and mistake made by everyone else, and then you accuse them of not being able to spell.

Hypocrite.

You're just being a jack ass because ...well, it must be a " you " thing.

Can't fix that, so I'm off to bed.

you're not gettin over yourself very well, it seems.

I know and explained what i did, and corrected it.

From now on, I expect you to copy / paste every single typo and mistake made by everyone else, and then you accuse them of not being able to spell.

Hypocrite.

You're just being a jack ass because ...well, it must be a " you " thing.

Can't fix that, so I'm off to bed.

LOL. You get caught trying to pass someone else's ideas off as your own, and the guy that caught you is the bad guy. Absolutely hilarious.

As usual, you're simply parroting some right wing site. Read Torcello's article.

There's no 'right wing site' I'm parroting. Good grief, just give it up.

Other bit of irony here. "Hotair?" It was a right wing site. :laugh:

So have you read Torcello's article yet?

You're doing the exact same thing, kiddo. " I"m right because this man says I am ! " , what ever.

Nope. Because, as homer pointed out, what an argument from authority even is escapes you.

Still on that, huh ? Thought of you when I saw this.

I'll just leave this right here.

xoxo

On March 3, The New York Times Magazine created a major flap in the climate-change community by running a cover story on the theoretical physicist Freeman Dyson that focused largely on his views of human-induced global warming.

Basically, he doesn’t buy it. The climate models used to forecast what will happen as we continue to pump CO2 into the atmosphere are unreliable, Dyson claims, and so, therefore, are the projections. In an interview with Yale Environment 360, his first since the Times article appeared, Dyson contends that since carbon dioxide is good for plants, a warmer planet could be a very good thing. And if CO2 does get to be a problem, Dyson believes we can just do some genetic engineering to create a new species of super-tree that can suck up the excess.

http://e360.yale.edu...ure.msp?id=2151

:laugh:

Ben, you keep using that tired catch phrase over and over again, you might as well make it your signature. Did we learn a new term recently, and can't stop using it ? Good grief.

You see, the difference in our views is that I can live by mine, and not impact anyone adversely. You , on the other hand, with your cult of AGW zealots, can make life for me and millions if not billions across the globe much worse, and for no real benefit.

And FYI, you not agreeing w/ me or liking my views doesn't make ME lazy. It makes you a list of things I'd rather not waste time saying here, but you get the idea.

And another one. You're on a role. Try supporting your arguments rather than simply proclaiming you're correct, sport.

He obviously doesn't understand what an "argument of authority" means, or more accurately, a "fallacious" argument from authority since he doesn't quote sources and we know damn well sure he's not a scientist.

And never have I damn well claimed to be one.

Well you sure don't mind impersonating one.

LOL. You get caught trying to pass someone else's ideas off as your own, get caught and the guy that caught you is the bad guy. Absolutely hilarious.

That's ******* bull****. I didn't TRY to pass anyone's ideas off as my own, jack ass. I found one of many links, copied it and pasted it, PROVING the point that there are those who want to jail climate deniers.

THAT IS THE ISSUE HERE

LOL. You get caught trying to pass someone else's ideas off as your own, get caught and the guy that caught you is the bad guy. Absolutely hilarious.

That's ******* bull****. I didn't TRY to pass anyone's ideas off as my own, jack ass. I found one of many links, copied it and pasted it, PROVING the point that there are those who want to jail climate deniers.

THAT IS THE ISSUE HERE

riiight :rolleyes:

Still haven't even bothered to read Torcello's article, have you?

And never have I damn well claimed to be one.

Well you sure don't mind impersonating one.

Not being one, I've no idea what you're trying to say. I have read a lot of science, and know a fair bit about science history in general, and am well read in some areas, but not all. It's just an interest of mine.

But thanks for the compliment ? :gofig:

* ETA * Oh, I see you changed ' sounding like one ' to "impersonating " . When have I ever impersonated a scientist ?

So only climate scientists should comment on AGW..............unless they question it and then they should be jailed. I love how the left works.

I'll borrow from the Dyson article comments for a response:

It's a shame you're giving this more attention and air-time without balancing his extreme views. The NYT did it, and now you're doing it, too. It's worse than a waste of time.

Posted by Phil Mitchellon 04 Jun 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to echo Phil.

Why did you not go through Dyson's comments providing "side bars" on issues of fact. For example, Dyson states that the repositories of carbon are relatively equal in terms of how much carbon they hold.

"The five reservoirs of carbon all are in close contact — the atmosphere, the upper level of the ocean, the land vegetation, the topsoil, and the fossil fuels. They are all about equal in size."

Well, is that the case? For example a basic reference (http://bcs.whfreeman...58/5802002.html) on The Global Carbon Cycle with amounts expressed in 10 to the 15th grams of carbon:

Atmosphere: 740

terrestrial organisms: 550

intermediate/deep waters: 34,000

sand/detritus: 1,200

Sedimentation: 0.5

carbonate minerals in rocks: 18,000,000

fossil fuels: 25,000,000

"All about equal" when the five range from 550 to 25,000,000?

This is not the only error in his comments. Perhaps readers' understanding of Dyson's standing to discuss Global Warming and the scientists who study it would be colored by illuminating readers re items like this.

Posted by A Siegelon 04 Jun 2009

http://e360.yale.edu/content/feature.msp?id=2151

You are. I googled, with quotes, the statement "Torcello says that people are already dying because of global warming."

Plagiarism is not becoming of you, Raptor.

You are. I googled, with quotes, the statement "Torcello says that people are already dying because of global warming."

I disagree. I think it fits him to a "T".

Homer, you must have me confused with your boy , Joe Biden.

:roflol:

Look at him deflect!

So are you going to read Torcello's article to get a grasp on what he actually said or continue asserting that the right wing interpretation from a silly website that you tried to pass off as your own is correct?

THAT IS THE ISSUE HERE

Frank, did you get caught lying again? Shame on you.

Homer, you must have me confused with your boy , Joe Biden.

:roflol:/>

Look at him deflect!

So are you going to read Torcello's article to get a grasp on what he actually said or continue asserting that the right wing interpretation from a silly website that you tried to pass off as your own is correct?

I'll go with the headlines every major newspaper posted, and the quotes that I actually did read. Thank you very much.

Frank, did you get caught lying again? Shame .

Haven't even lied once, so I can't see how I get caught " again ".

It isn't like I said I had to duck from sniper fire while at an airport, or said "if you like your plan you can keep your plan".

You want to talk about lies ? Look no further than your own Democratic leadership.

I disagree. I think it fits him to a "T".

Agree/disagree. His mind is not his own. Still unbecoming though.

I'll go with the headlines every major newspaper posted, and the quotes that I actually did read. Thank you very much.

LOL. HotAir is now a "major newspaper."

If you're not going to actually read Torcello's words rather than some off the wall interpretation, we can not advance this conversation. In fact, here's the link. Done the leg work for you. Or are we intellectually lazy and proud of it?

Frank, did you get caught lying again? Shame .

Haven't even lied once, so I can't see how I get caught " again ".

It isn't like I said I had to duck from sniper fire while at an airport, or said "if you like your plan you can keep your plan".

You want to talk about lies ? Look no further than your own Democratic leadership.

LOL. There he goes deflecting again.

It's called correcting, not deflecting.

No, being caught in a lie and then, pointing to the fact that other people lie, is clearing deflecting. It is textbook.

Do not worry though. I do not believe your credibility can go any lower. You have become an excellent argument for anything you argue against!

Archived