Anyone Use A Music Streaming Service?

Texan4Auburn

Like Spotify or Apple Music for example. If so are they worth it, are they good, do you enjoy them and which would you recommend. Any advantages or disadvantages with the exception of if you don't own the music so its gone if you cancel? Thanks.

I use Spotify daily for free. You can listen to just about any song or album you ever wanted to. Create playlists.

The commercials can get annoying, but the premium subscription lets you listen uninterrupted, and you can stream via mobile app. The phone app on the free account only plays songs at random, but the iPad app acts as if you're listening at your computer.

I use Spotify daily for free. You can listen to just about any song or album you ever wanted to. Create playlists.

The commercials can get annoying, but the premium subscription lets you listen uninterrupted, and you can stream via mobile app. The phone app on the free account only plays songs at random, but the iPad app acts as if you're listening at your computer.

I've been playing with that one today. Seems it allows you to save lists for offline listening, guessing this would be good for mobile when a internet connection is not available for data purposes? I think my data plan is only like 3Gig, but I never come close to going over (usually cause I was connected at home or at Auburn). I don't currently do much streaming.

When working out I always just used a Ipod and not my Galaxy. I will be getting a new Iphone 6S with 128GB Monday and suspect I will probably be the retirement of my Ipod.

I enjoyed having Apple Music for the three month trial. But it ran out so I'm back to using my own music collection and occasionally Spotify free for now. I'll probably subscribe to Apple Music eventually.

I actually enjoy prime music through amazon. It's great, and as a prime member you can use their offline service.

Cool thanks for the answers.

Titan did you think hard to find stuff on Apple Music? I saw many complaints about the interface by customers and in reviews.

I use Google Play Music, but used Spotify before it. At the time, the primary decision to switch was the library size. I also like the format of Google Play better. If you tend to listen to entire albums, Google Play's library is organized much better. If you add a song or two from each artist, and then make playlists, Spotify you might like Spotify better.

To get around your data limit, Spotify allows you to cache a playlist to your phone. Google Play allows you to cache playlists, albums, or songs. I bought a 128GB SD card for my HTC One M8 for the sole purpose of caching my entire Google Play library.

Archived