10 11 15 Notes

RunInRed

Will Muschamp

Muschamp: "I thought we had a good day today. ... As a coach you're always nervous when the schedule changes."

Muschamp says the difference in Kentucky this year is the improvement of wide receivers

How important is generating pass rush against Kentucky? Muschamp: "That'd be great. I'd be real happy."

Muschamp on TJ Davis: reiterates it's a confidence thing at this point. "It's been a quick recovery."

Tre' Williams and Tim Irvin are "ready to go" for Kentucky, per Muschamp.

Muschamp on approaching a Thursday night game: "I told the kids, regardless of what anybody tells you, today is Tuesday."

Muschamp: "Yesterday was Monday. It was really weird because there were a lot of college games on."

No update on Carl Lawson, per Muschamp

@AUBlog

Muschamp said he "takes the risk with the reward" when trying to have Cassanova McKinzy move from LB to BUCK. Says he's pleased w/ progress.

Muschamp asked if he spends extra time with the freshmen: "They're all playing. I get to spend more time with them on game day."

Auburn DC Will Muschamp has repeated "we need to win one-on-one" battles to create a pass rush in early down situations.

@matthewcstevens

Auburn DC Will Muschamp will "find out on game day" if team has improved during bye week

@wareagleextra

Rhett Lashlee

Lashlee on QB1: "Both guys are still competing." ... Does not know yet when they will decide on starter for Thursday's game

Rhett Lashlee: "I don't know at this point" if Xavier Dampeer will play against Kentucky.

Lashlee isn't completely ruling out a two-quarterback system against Kentucky.

@AUBlog

Lashlee says Auburn would like to see the team stick with the starter Thursday night "because that means things are going well."

@matthewcstevens

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee "coach will make call when its time" on starting QB, players competing, won't say how 1st team reps were split up

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee trying to "ramp up competition" across board, not just at QB

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee "we have to be great team offense" don't have tons of individuals who are going to do it on their own

Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee "I believe in both guys" White/Johnson, who gives team best chance to win will get job

@wareagleextra

I feel like Lashlee is frustrated that he has to answer questions. Of course people want to know what's going on, Lashlee. Especially now that our offense has no identity and apparently no QB1. Get out of here with that attitude, man!

Lash Larue is a good guy but it's time for a fresh approach to qb guidance. I'm hopeful the he can secure a nice new challenging career opportunity at the end of the year. It's been far far far too long since we had a REAL qb coach.

I feel like Lashlee is frustrated that he has to answer questions. Of course people want to know what's going on, Lashlee. Especially now that our offense has no identity and apparently no QB1. Get out of here with that attitude, man!

Agreed. If we only go by pressers, I'd say that D will look better and the offense worse. Hopefully Rhett is just tired physically. Maybe WM can start giving pressers for offense and defense...

Some people put too much stock in these press conferences. I don't expect these guys to say much other than throw out cliches and coach speak. I couldn't care less what they say to the media. What happens on the field is all that matters.

We have a great practice squad.

Apparently a team like Michigan plays as well as we practice! ;)

Our practice team would kick our gameday teams butt.

"That would be great, I'd be real happy"

-Will Muschamp on generating a pass rush against Kentucky.

This makes me nervous

This makes me nervous

Anything more than what we've had will make me happy....

Lashlee said they would like to play one QB the whole game, that means things are going well offensively. If I remember correctly JJ played the whole game against LSU. I don't remember the offense hitting on all cylinders.

This makes me nervous

Absolutely as far as the defense is concerned. JMO but the D is playing well enough for AU to win.....if AU's offense plays like a Gus offense should play....or at least like a Gus offense has played during most of his coaching career. I'm just flummoxed that so many people apparently think that the D is our problem.

Watching the NFL, the Patriots play angry with purpose and determination. They know what they are going to do and how to do it.

Auburn needs some of that attitude.

This makes me nervous

Absolutely as far as the defense is concerned. JMO but the D is playing well enough for AU to win.....if AU's offense plays like a Gus offense should play....or at least like a Gus offense has played during most of his coaching career. I'm just flummoxed that so many people apparently think that the D is our problem.

Yep! Our D is playing more than well enough to win all these games if our O could even get out of 1st or 2nd gear.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I figure it is relevant here. Has anyone else seen this??

http://www.foxsports...rting-qb-100915

There doesn't seem to be a super reliable source - just some guy tweeting about it. But Fox Sports decided to write an article so I thought I'd ask

EDIT: I see this has already been posted on another thread. my bad

Will looks relaxed and confident. I guess the D is continuing to improve, if just a bit.

Lashlee looks like a trapped animal, so I'm thinking that the offense is still a mess.

Will looks relaxed and confident. I guess the D is continuing to improve, if just a bit.

Lashlee looks like a trapped animal, so I'm thinking that the offense is still a mess.

I'm hoping the "Rhett look" is because Gus has taken the "O" back. I guess we will see Monday.

Also, I noticed Rhett said "Coach, will name the starting QB" possibly another sign, Gus is running the O again.

Watching the NFL, the Patriots play angry with purpose and determination. They know what they are going to do and how to do it.

Auburn needs some of that attitude.

I agree, these kids should muster up their abilities and play like the New England patriots. kids are so lazy....

I once knew a guy who could throw the he!! out of a baseball and was a pitcher at the collegiate level but couldn't coach another kid to pitch...we need some change at certain coaching positions.

I am sure that if we started Jason Smith and we were able to execute our old offense run by Nick Marshall, the world would come to an end. I, for one, would welcome it as the most "surprising" and "electric" thing Auburn could for itself in such a short time of preparation. Why can't we do something occasionally that is out of the norm? Other teams have done this type of thing to us over the decades and the strategy most always has made the other team almost unbeatable on THAT day. Because the strategy is so unexpected and unconventional, most teams really have no answer for it "suddenly" on game day. It could be quite "electric" to see something like that from our coaches. Why not?

Archived