WAPO journalist Jason Rezaian sentenced in Iran

AURaptor

(CNN)An Iranian court has handed down a verdict in the espionage trial of jailed Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian, the semiofficial Iranian Students' News Agency reported on Sunday, quoting the judiciary spokesman.

The verdict and the sentence are not yet known.

Rezaian's family said the lack of information "follows an unconscionable pattern by Iranian authorities of silence, obfuscation, delay and a total lack of adherence to international law, as well as Iranian law."

ISNA quoted the judiciary spokesman, Gholam-Hossein Mohseni Ejei, as saying that "this person has been sentenced, but I don't know the details of the verdict."

Way to go to bat for one of your own countrymen in working the sweetheart deal w/ Iran. Jackass.

We're the bad guys not the Iranians.

Does the MSM feel the same way? Or are they willing to toss one of their own under the jail to curry favor for TheOne ?

We're the bad guys not the Iranians.

Does the MSM feel the same way? Or are they willing to toss one of their own under the jail to curry favor for TheOne ?

I think it's the latter. He's just an unfortunate casualty.

The charge is espionage. Either he's spying for our govt, some other govt, or some corporation.

Which is it ? If it's OUR country, then why isn't Obama being held responsible ? If not, then for who is he suppose to have been spying ?

We got a pilot flying in a U2 plane returned to the US during the height of the Cold War. No one bats an eye that we can't get a journalist back home, but Bo Bergdahl ? Hell, he can be exchanged for 5 avowed enemies of this country.

No doubt Iran will look for some sort of exchange or payola for Rezaian's return as well, on top of the monumental disaster of the Nuke deal with Obama.

Effin tell me this isn't the most incompetent President - EVER. Go ahead, I dare you.

The charge is espionage. Either he's spying for our govt, some other govt, or some corporation.

Which is it ? If it's OUR country, then why isn't Obama being held responsible ? If not, then for who is he suppose to have been spying ?

We got a pilot flying in a U2 plane returned to the US during the height of the Cold War. No one bats an eye that we can't get a journalist back home, but Bo Bergdahl ? Hell, he can be exchanged for 5 avowed enemies of this country.

No doubt Iran will look for some sort of exchange or payola for Rezaian's return as well, on top of the monumental disaster of the Nuke deal with Obama.

Effin tell me this isn't the most incompetent President - EVER. Go ahead, I dare you.

Powers was clearly guilty of spying. He was exchanged for a Russian spy Vilyam Fisher.

You are tripping all over trying to disparage Obama. Your ODS is ridiculously blatant.

Funny....an American spy is supposed to be an American hero.....yet he/she is just another wasted soul in a world of hell. Thrown out like the trash.

Funny....an American spy is supposed to be an American hero.....yet he/she is just another wasted soul in a world of hell. Thrown out like the trash.

Why are you assuming he is actually a spy? Seems far-fetched to me.

Isn't this thread all about assuming?

Assume the Iran nuclear deal is a "monumental disaster".

Assume the U.S. government is doing nothing for Rezaian.

Assume the MSM is conspiring with the White House.

I will play along. I am going to assume that there is no genuine concern for Mr. Rezaian and, this was merely an opportunity to say, "barry sux, he hates this country and what it stands for".

Why not? Might as well run with it.

Powers was clearly guilty of spying. He was exchanged for a Russian spy Vilyam Fisher.

You are tripping all over trying to disparage Obama. Your ODS is ridiculously blatant.

And' you're wearing out your knee pads in blind adulation for Obama.

And' you're wearing out your knee pads in blind adulation for Obama.

That's "Messiah" to you infidel. :rolleyes:

Archived