Auburn Soccer

AU64

SCAR player kicking with a torn ACL...wow, thats tough

i thought that was very weird. Pk's are about confidence and what's between the ears but they said she hosed her acl in October. How could she have been ready for that? That is on the USC coaches IMO. Glad our ladies pulled that out. I watched the second OT. That was more survival than soccer.

SCAR player kicking with a torn ACL...wow, thats tough

i thought that was very weird. Pk's are about confidence and what's between the ears but they said she hosed her acl in October. How could she have been ready for that? That is on the USC coaches IMO. Glad our ladies pulled that out. I watched the second OT. That was more survival than soccer.

Just a guess, but maybe even with all that she was still their best kicker? As someone who has coached a few different sports for any number of years, sometimes there are factors within a team that are not obvious to the public.

I'm loving the possession style and persistent offensive crossing game of this year's squad. Our keeper is arguably the best (and cutest!) in the SEC too IMO. Our central D can be inconsistent - SC was in our half of the field I think only twice in the entire first 20 minutes and one of those ended up being a goal for them on a 30 yard pass to a completely open Gamecock-ette. Quality and deserved AU win though, this UF team doesn't match up well against our possession game IMO. An SEC title in women's soccer would be beyond sweet...2 games to go!

Great comeback by the soccer team

Yep.....the first 50 or so minutes looked like the game against the Gamecocks in Columbia earlier in the year.....USCe speed around the goals and AU missing numerous shots on goal.

The comeback.....now that was something to see from a team that has not been an offensive powerhouse. Nice to see that when needed.

I watched the game last night and recorded it. Great win!! Watching it again with my seven year old daughter who just started playing this year. I loved hearing so many "war eagles" on the tv!

Archived