Gators' Grier suspended the rest of the season(PEDs)

ShocksMyBrain

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MikeHuguenin: Florida will announce that QB Will Grier has been suspended for the rest of the season for a violation of NCAA rules.

So much for that feel good story

Looks like me and several others are going to have to fill up WarTiger's PM inbox changing our picks from Florida to LSU in the TDA Week 7 picks.

Hate that for Florida. Their season's going to get derailed not by injury but by a rules violation.

Note - It's scrolling on ESPN's bottomline that Grier tested positive for PED's(performance enhancing drugs).

Looks like me and several others are going to have to fill up WarTiger's PM inbox changing our picks from Florida to LSU in the TDA Week 7 picks.

Hate that for Florida. Their season's going to get derailed not by injury but by a rules violation.

Note - It's scrolling on ESPN's bottomline that Grier tested positive for PED's(performance enhancing drugs).

I always wait until Friday to make my picks for this very reason. You never know who might get hurt or suspended.

Hearing chatter about vacating wins.

That sure would be a kick in the nuts for that team.

I wonder how many other players are using that supplement.

Getting banned for a supplement is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, especially something that's over the counter.

If you're going to bust somebody for "banned substances" at least go to the schools where they're doing the real deal stuff.

Man, that was a sad press conference moment. Grier was really choked up. Coach M's voice was cracking there for a bit. Looks like UF may have to wait 'til next year for the dream season.

What schools are doing the real stuff?

Plenty are, I think people would be surprised how many do if they did more thorough testing and investigation on it. The other school in the state does it heavily.

Man, that was a sad press conference moment. Grier was really choked up. Coach M's voice was cracking there for a bit. Looks like UF may have to wait 'til next year for the dream season.

Doubtful for next year to be a dream season if they're hinging on Grier. Assuming he appeals, he may be able to get his suspension lightened, but as it stands right now he will have to miss half of next season.

Interesting info on Ligandrol. There is no way this was in a supplement that he accidently took.

High affinity (Ki of ~1 nM) and selectivity found in this new SARM

LGD-4033 (Ligandrol) is a selective oral androgen receptor modulator (SARM) that binds to AR with high affinity (Ki of ~1 nM) and selectivity. It is in a class of androgen receptor (AR) ligands that are tissue selective, developed to treat muscle wasting associated with cancer, acute and chronic illness and age-related muscle loss. .

• Proven 4x more efficient than Ostarine (MK-2866)
  • Easy to dose oral SARM
  • Agitate bottle before each administration
  • Not for human consumption

Formula: 4-(®-2-(®-2,2,2-trifluoro-1-hydroxyethyl)pyrrolidin-1-yl)-2-trifluoroMethyl)benzonitrile

Solubility: DMSO

Purity: >99%

Storage: at 20℃ 2 years

Half life: 24 hours

CAS No.: 1165910-22-4

THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO TREAT, CURE OR DIAGNOSE ANY CONDITION OR DISEASE AND IS NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION

Do you think the NCAA will require 100% drug testing prior to every game? Seems that only some get caught based on random testing while others skate.

Do you think the NCAA will require 100% drug testing prior to every game? Seems that only some get caught based on random testing while others skate.

No. The NCAA knows who butters their bread. There are a handful of teams that can get away with almost anything. The only exceptions are when other schools or people report an offense and won't let it drop, ie: OSU and Terrell Pryor; USC and Reggie Bush. The hands of the NCAA were forced in those cases.

Heard the press conference...it was awful....I have modest sympathy for what he did but took some serious guts to stand up in front of the media and 'fess up. Not sure that I liked that.

Archived