Sark vs. Grier Situation

Tampa Tiger

So the news today about UF's Grier had me thinking, what's worse? The USC Sark drunk on the job, or the Will Grier "something was in it" situation?

Wanted to hear what some of ya'll have say.

If I had to choose one of these to happen at AU I'd think I'd prefer are our starting QB to be busted with PEDs

If a coach is out of control with a drinking habit it looks much worse because he's supposed to be the head guy in charge of these kids and in Sark's case it seemed like he was tailgating before games lol

Lol @ the at requirement of at least one comment from an internet commenter saying "he'll be at Auburn next year" though under the Grier articles out there

Haha, yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking too, but wasn't sure...

That is funny about the comments, living in Gatorland here in Tampa, most of them don't realize that he is out for a CALENDAR year.... So basically they have to find someone else.

If I had to choose one of these to happen at AU I'd think I'd prefer are our starting QB to be busted with PEDs

If a coach is out of control with a drinking habit it looks much worse because he's supposed to be the head guy in charge of these kids and in Sark's case it seemed like he was tailgating before games lol

Lol @ the at requirement of at least one comment from an internet commenter saying "he'll be at Auburn next year" though under the Grier articles out there

Somehow I always hear that smart a** remark like "I bet that kid ends up at Auburn" but I never hear it about Louisville, a school that lives off of the SEC cast always.

Coaches and administration can't always know what the players are up to. I feel bad for Grier since it appears that this was his first problem albeit a very big one. This is a very big penalty and I have to wonder if the punishment fits the crime. :dunno:

But in a situation like Sark, the school should be ashamed for not taking some action until it became a national story and they could no longer ignore it. Hayden and others had plenty of warning about their coach's problem and ignored it...or at least did not take the level of action that was needed....maybe accepting that old canard that "it was not affecting his job" so there was nothing to be done. ....until it cost them a few wins on the football field.

Hayden has not heard the last of this IMO.

Somehow I always hear that smart a** remark like "I bet that kid ends up at Auburn" but I never hear it about Louisville, a school that lives off of the SEC cast always.

If Louisville ever makes it to more than one national championship game with a QB that previously played for another SEC school, you probably will.

The evidence for Grier so far is pretty damning. Orlando Sentinel is reporting he failed due to Ligandrol; you can't just walk into a GNC and buy that stuff. He knew what he was doing more than likely...

If Louisville ever makes it to more than one national championship game with a QB that previously played for another SEC school, you probably will.

Still that is two people. That is the amount of former troubled kids in Louisvilles secondary right now. Plus their linebacker from TCU, Fieids...

Still that is two people. That is the amount of former troubled kids in Louisvilles secondary right now. Plus their linebacker from TCU, Fieids...

Its honestly a good thing you hear that - Nick Marshall and Cam Newton are the reason. Two guys many of those fans wish were on their team.

USC......the next dumpster fire in a growing list. Couldn't happen to a better group......

Also - Sark is by far the worst of the two situations. USC was just getting back on the scene and now this. There will be fallout considering a coaching change - the fact he was drunk would only matter if they kept him. Grier just means a loss for the season and an extra roster spot.

Its honestly a good thing you hear that - Nick Marshall and Cam Newton are the reason. Two guys many of those fans wish were on their team.

And that's ultimately where the "He'll be at Auburn next year" remarks come from: jealousy. I frequently hear those remarks from UGA fans here, primarily in reference to sour grapes about what Auburn did with one of their former DB's.

Grier is just a kid who probably didn't know what he was taking or that it was a banned substance. It should have been a 3 game suspension max. Making him ineligible for a whole year is nuts.

Grier is just a kid who probably didn't know what he was taking or that it was a banned substance. It should have been a 3 game suspension max. Making him ineligible for a whole year is nuts.

Doubt this is true....schools beat this stuff into the heads of these guys, have posters, etc. etc.....and players are supposed to take NOTHING without the approval of their coaching staff.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/3.%20Banned%20Drugs%20Poster.pdf

What is the penalty for a positive drug test?

The penalty for positive tests of both performance-enhancing and street drugs is strict and automatic. Student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for a full season. A second positive test for street drugs results in another lost year of eligibility and year withheld from competition. A second positive result for PED usage will render the student-athlete

Like it or not....these are the rules and there is no excuse for a bright college kid to not be aware of them. Sorry...but he did something really stupid and is paying the price.

He knew what he was doing. I've read that it wasn't over the counter-easy to get like everyone assumes.

He knew what he was doing. I've read that it wasn't over the counter-easy to get like everyone assumes.

He did know what he's doing. I have a friend that used to be on the training staff at UF, those kids get all the "legal" supplements; as much as they want for workouts, protein weight gain, etc. Just for fun we tried to see where we could buy some Ligandrol, and besides all the warnings saying it's not for human consumption (Wow!), you have to go to some dark sides of the web to get it. This is not a product you simply walk into a GNC, eat some tablets or take a shot of liquid and oooops!

This stuff has to be sought out.

Archived