The Crazies and the Con Man

homersapien

Perhaps the "backbone"/"bellyfire" constituency is more interested in defeating the liberal scourge than they are formulating effective policy?

Perhaps they are lost in the world of rhetoric?

Perhaps they have given up on democracy and are hoping for one party rule? Interesting if true when you consider the dysfunctional element of their party.

Perhaps they can't count Senate seats? :dunno:

It aint the number of seats. The problems McConnell aint got no bellyfire.

Have we not hit rock bottom with both parties? Please. One party cannot have done all the damage we have in DC. To think so means you really have to just toss reality to the wolves.

Perhaps the "backbone"/"bellyfire" constituency is more interested in defeating the liberal scourge than they are formulating effective policy?

Perhaps they are lost in the world of rhetoric?

Perhaps they have given up on democracy and are hoping for one party rule? Interesting if true when you consider the dysfunctional element of their party.

Perhaps they can't count Senate seats? :dunno:

It aint the number of seats. The problems McConnell aint got no bellyfire.

I guess he's supposed to thrash a few Democrats with his cane and run them off the floor? ;D

Have we not hit rock bottom with both parties? Please. One party cannot have done all the damage we have in DC. To think so means you really have to just toss reality to the wolves.

Nah. We've got to wait on the Republicans to get organized before we take the final dive. It doesn't just happen by accident.

I like everything in that article, until i realized that only Krugman could be this hopelessly detached from reality.

Mr Krugman, it wasnt the Republicans by themselves that created the mess. Both parties had huge hands in creating it. It didnt happen in 10 years, it happened over the last 40 or so.

Fiscal Sanity is not the end of the world. Now, if we could get both parties to act like grownups, maybe we get it.

Where did Krugman say it was just Republicans who created this mess?

He was talking about solutions and who is not proposing any.

You must not have ever read Krugman, As someone with an Economics Degree, Krugman strikes me as someone that has long let his politics rule his thinking.

Actually, he just calls it like it is, it just sounds partisan. Sort of like the liberal bias of reality. ;D

We will see. When an economist becomes political and/or ideological, he will look like a genius until the dynamics change and, his thinking does not. Then, he looks like an ideological idiot.

Oh both parties have been equal participants in our troubles. We have a few that don't want to continue business as usual and they're called crazy and everything else under the sun.

Still waiting for an answer to this question that doesn't appeal to "But the left wingers..." or just cheerleads without something concrete to back it up:

If they possess so much sanity, why can't they produce a budget policy plan that doesn't contain magic "to be named later" numbers all over the place (and that's from the supposed numbers wonk of the group)?

Still waiting for an answer to this question that doesn't appeal to "But the left wingers..." or just cheerleads without something concrete to back it up:

If they possess so much sanity, why can't they produce a budget policy plan that doesn't contain magic "to be named later" numbers all over the place (and that's from the supposed numbers wonk of the group)?

Conversely, why or how did we go 4 years(?) without actually even working up a budget in the Senate? When Reid was heading up the Senate we didnt even have a traditional budget to vote on for years. Just passed what were essentially continuances of previous budgets.

In some way, I think you are pointing to one of my criticisms of Republican fiscal policy.

It has become contrasted with the "tax and spend" narrative but, in reality, it looks more like "don't tax and spend".

Oh both parties have been equal participants in our troubles. We have a few that don't want to continue business as usual and they're called crazy and everything else under the sun.

No, we have a few that want to stop or tear down our system without offering an alternative. Frankly, it's a childish attitude.

No, we have a few that want to stop or tear down our system without offering an alternative. Frankly, it's a childish attitude.

^^^^^barry worshippin, libtard ^^^^^

Thank goodness for the Freedom Caucus. It's people like them that will ultimately restore our country form the cistern Obama and Valerie Jarrent have taken us. It won't be easy and they will take a lot of flak from the real crazies like Homer but they will get there.

I'll ask you the same question. Answer with something concrete rather than just more rah-rah Go Team rhetoric:

I haven't seen a real budget from anyone including the Dems, old guard GOP, ect.

Thank goodness for the Freedom Caucus. It's people like them that will ultimately restore our country form the cistern Obama and Valerie Jarrent have taken us. It won't be easy and they will take a lot of flak from the real crazies like Homer but they will get there.

I'll ask you the same question. Answer with something concrete rather than just more rah-rah Go Team rhetoric:

I haven't seen a real budget from anyone including the Dems, old guard GOP, ect.

But this Freedom Caucus is supposedly the one glimmer of hope. They have Paul Ryan who is supposed to be one of the most brilliant budget guys around. So I would expect better from the FC than just old guard, Dems, etc. But they don't seem to be able to produce anything anymore substantive than those they disparage. Why is that?

But this Freedom Caucus is supposedly the one glimmer of hope. They have Paul Ryan who is supposed to be one of the most brilliant budget guys around. So I would expect better from the FC than just old guard, Dems, etc. But they don't seem to be able to produce anything anymore substantive than those they disparage. Why is that?

To them there is no problem. Things are just fine in their mind. It's just a matter of who is in charge of the money.

To them there is no problem. Things are just fine in their mind. It's just a matter of who is in charge of the money.

You guys keep dodging. Quit talking about the other side and their deficiencies and explain to me why I should regard the Freedom Caucus as anything special when they can't produce anything of substance on the budget? They talk the same fuzzy math with no critical details that every other faction does, they just surround it with different rhetoric.

You guys keep dodging. Quit talking about the other side and their deficiencies and explain to me why I should regard the Freedom Caucus as anything special when they can't produce anything of substance on the budget? They talk the same fuzzy math with no critical details that every other faction does, they just surround it with different rhetoric.

I'm speaking of the Republicans as well as the Democrats. They both like the state of things now. They each want to be the ones running the show but they don't want to change anything.

Paul Ryan is not a menmber of the FC. Last I checked the POTUS is supposed to submit a budget to Congress. How has that worked out? The FC consists ot about 40 members. It's hard for that size group to do much except make noise and tey are doing that and shouting what a lot of Americans are thinking. The old guard Dems and GOPers alike aren't listening very well. That's why someone like Trump is still leading the poll when ALL the experts said he would be history by now.

Archived