Jason Smith to Get His Shot?

Weegle777

I think NM's time was around a 4.55-4.60. I think that JS's 40 would be in the 4.55 range or a bit faster. JJ's time is likely a 4.7 give of take a sneeze.

Smith is much faster than this. JJ's time is around a 4.5. Not sure about White, but it is by far the slowest of the three. It baffles me what happened withJJ. He is a lot more mobile than he looked in the first few games. Not sure if it is play calling or something else. Either way, White is a cookie cutter example of a pocket passer and is not very mobile. I think people are making too much out of one good run that he had.

Nick ran a 4.54 at the NFL combine, which uses only lasers.

Jason Smith is most likely right at that time as well from what I've seen/read. They've said he runs a 4.4 but I'm assuming that's hand timed.

Jeremy is around 4.8 ... his 100 time would probably be nice though, he just takes more steps to get up to top speed.

Sean is probably 4.9. I disagree about him not being very mobile. He might not be mobile like a dual threat QB, but he is mobile in the way that Aaron Rodgers is

Can't agree with this. JJ was timed at a 4.51 in high school. I realize that they aren't always perfectly accurate reports, but I also don't think that it would be off by that much. Moreover an almost identical time was reported a few weeks ago.

White is nothing like Rodgers. I would know. I'm a packers fan and have watched a lot of him. Rodgers is very mobile, especially in his first few steps. Most people don't realize how mobile he is because he throws it well enough to not have to run much. White is more like Brees. He is mobile enough to run if a play breaks down, but isn't going to break off a big one very often.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think NM's time was around a 4.55-4.60. I think that JS's 40 would be in the 4.55 range or a bit faster. JJ's time is likely a 4.7 give of take a sneeze.

Smith is much faster than this. JJ's time is around a 4.5. Not sure about White, but it is by far the slowest of the three. It baffles me what happened withJJ. He is a lot more mobile than he looked in the first few games. Not sure if it is play calling or something else. Either way, White is a cookie cutter example of a pocket passer and is not very mobile. I think people are making too much out of one good run that he had.

Jason Smith is most likely right at that time as well from what I've seen/read. They've said he runs a 4.4 but I'm assuming that's hand timed.

Jeremy is around 4.8 ... his 100 time would probably be nice though, he just takes more steps to get up to top speed.

Sean is probably 4.9. I disagree about him not being very mobile. He might not be mobile like a dual threat QB, but he is mobile in the way that Aaron Rodgers is

Can't agree with this. JJ was timed at a 4.51 in high school. I realize that they aren't always perfectly accurate reports, but I also don't think that it would be off by that much. Moreover an almost identical time was reported a few weeks ago.

White is nothing like Rodgers. I would know. I'm a packers fan and have watched a lot of him. Rodgers is very mobile, especially in his first few steps. Most people don't realize how mobile he is because he throws it well enough to not have to run much. White is more like Brees. He is mobile enough to run if a play breaks down, but isn't going to break off a big one very often.

Maybe the coach forgot to start the stopwatch?

Sometimes 40 yard times translate to the field and sometimes they do not. If Jeremy runs a 4.5, then it clearly does not translate to the field and that's really all that matters.

Rodgers is the best in the league so yeah, Sean is nothing like him. The point I was trying to make was that he has shown to be more mobile than your typical pro-style QB and Rodgers came to mind. I think Sean is more mobile and willing to run than Brees.

Unfortunately, Smith missed his chance to be a qb and it looks like Kerryon is our wildcat qb. I guess we'll see if any of that changes this week!!

Sometimes 40 yard times translate to the field and sometimes they do not. If Jeremy runs a 4.5, then it clearly does not translate to the field and that's really all that matters.

Rodgers is the best in the league so yeah, Sean is nothing like him. The point I was trying to make was that he has shown to be more mobile than your typical pro-style QB and Rodgers came to mind. I think Sean is more mobile and willing to run than Brees.

Unfortunately, Smith missed his chance to be a qb and it looks like Kerryon is our wildcat qb. I guess we'll see if any of that changes this week!!

Well said, Urban Meyer's pizza...

Archived