Jay Jacobs Question

AubTiger14

Lets see: baseball coaches hired by jj, slater, pawloski and sunny.

Basketball coaches - lebo, barbee and pearl

Football - fired tuberville and responsible for ridiculus buy out, hired and fired chizik (again crazy buy out) hired gus

Swimming - couldnt retain the greatest coach in auburn history ( marsh)

Womens basketball - has gone through three coaches

The upgrading of athletic facilities was going to happen no matter who the ad was. It is just the nature of the beast now a days. You would hard pressed to find another ad (in the power 5 conferences ) who would an ad go thru this many hires and fires.

Tough to argue with this, but some will try.

Here's a start. He didn't hire Lebo or Slater. Marsh was leaving no matter who the AD was. The latest womens BBall hire is a coach that had been to 2 straight NCAA tourneys.

By this logic, JJ killed Archduke Ferdinand even though he wasn't alive....

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good JJ bashing ceremony.

With ten years of "on the job training" for a position he wasn't qualified for, he ran the AU AD into one of the biggest failures in all of college sports. Then even after the beyond ridiculous coaches buyouts, when given one of the largest "hiring budgets" in the NCAA, he makes a couple good hires (one of which he has already fired, and he has yet to explain why) and you are happy with JJ as our AD. Well God bless you.

That is quite a strong statement. Surely the rest of your statement wasn't meant to back that statement up because if it was, you have failed.

He might of been using ae4 as the fact checker.

Also, our stadium use to be in the top 3 or 4 when it cames to capacity. While other schools keep adding on to their stadiums, Auburn sits on their hands and watch other stadiums leave us in the dust at 87,451.

Who really gives two sh**s about capacity? Knoxville holds 100+ but I hear its a dump. Hasn't exactly translated to anything on the field. UAT's stadium holds 100+ but the new seats are almost straight up and everyone is crammed in together. Is this something you honestly feel makes a hill of beans? Even with 87,451, JHS has been referred to as one of the toughest places to play in CFB. I would much rather the facilities be updated and the experience be great than to have 15K-20K more people crammed in just to say we have the biggest stadium. What good is the "Biggest Stadium" title?

You are the most negative, most miserable Auburn fan I have ever encountered. Seriously...you need help.

Football - fired tuberville and responsible for ridiculus buy out, hired and fired chizik (again crazy buy out) hired gus

The upgrading of athletic facilities was going to happen no matter who the ad was. It is just the nature of the beast now a days. You would hard pressed to find another ad (in the power 5 conferences ) who would an ad go thru this many hires and fires.

Here's a start. He didn't hire Lebo or Slater. Marsh was leaving no matter who the AD was. The latest womens BBall hire is a coach that had been to 2 straight NCAA tourneys.

With ten years of "on the job training" for a position he wasn't qualified for, he ran the AU AD into one of the biggest failures in all of college sports. Then even after the beyond ridiculous coaches buyouts, when given one of the largest "hiring budgets" in the NCAA, he makes a couple good hires (one of which he has already fired, and he has yet to explain why) and you are happy with JJ as our AD. Well God bless you.

I am just resigned to AU settling on good ol' JJ, though, I am not sure why . We ought to look at the business model U. of Fl. has and the standard met with having a truly qualified AD. But, JJ is a Dye man and I am sure he loves his Mother.

I am just resigned to AU settling on good ol' JJ, though, I am not sure why . We ought to look at the business model U. of Fl. has and the standard met with having a truly qualified AD. But, JJ is a Dye man and I am sure he loves his Mother.

well, according the national athletic dept rankings, we are one spot ahead of Florida....should we swap places with them?

http://www.cbssports.com/general/best-in-college-sports

That is quite a strong statement. Surely the rest of your statement wasn't meant to back that statement up because if it was, you have failed.

Good one Jeff; and some wonder why you are the most edited and deleted poster here.

Good one Jeff; and some wonder why you are the most edited and deleted poster here.

And I will never apologize for calling out your BS posts. So you and whoever can get over it.

That and I'm still waiting for the folks to give us chapter and verse about who we should have/ could have hired in the place of those coaches, an explanation as to why they think those coaches would have taken the job....and some good reasons as to why they would have been more successful at Auburn.

Shouldn't be a footnote but btw, Auburn/JJ just extended the most lucrative apparel deal in the SEC, an extension of the 2010 contract JJ oversaw/negotiated (depending on whether you love or hate him) and our money sports were not exactly shining last month when this extension was made (did I mention it's the MOST lucrative in the SEC?) Nice addition to AU sports' financial future/JJ's AD resume (depending on whether you love or hate him).

Shouldn't be a footnote but btw, Auburn/JJ just extended the most lucrative apparel deal in the SEC, an extension of the 2010 contract JJ oversaw/negotiated (depending on whether you love or hate him) and our money sports were not exactly shining last month when this extension was made (did I mention it's the MOST lucrative in the SEC?) Nice addition to AU sports' financial future/JJ's AD resume (depending on whether you love or hate him).

I feel very good about our chances to win the apparel contract national championship this year.

I feel very good about our chances to win the apparel contract national championship this year.

Wisconsin just got one from UA that blew ours of the water. Not quite.

#FireJayJacobs

#FireJayJacobs

I didn't realize my last post was so counterproductive haha. Sorry about the friendly fire JJ...

Looks like the issue of ticket distribution might have gotten handled a while back? A person handing the process for Tigers Unlimited got fired a while back and is now suing JJ, JG and BOT over it. Not many details on AUC but sounds like their might have been some allegations of improper activities.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Lawsuit-by-former-employee-names-Jacobs-Gogue-40279720?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=24d476ced0-151015_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-24d476ced0-220823985

Archived