This is one of the longest days I've had as an AU fan

Dual-Threat Rigby

Like everyone knows that Jeremy is going to start but the mere chance that he won't is what keeps me checking anything and everything..

Yeah, but are you pro-JJ starting, or a traitor? :glare:

I am slightly in the SW camp as I slightly think he is our best option more because he hasn't made to many major mistakes and has done it with limited time with first team but since neither one has really won the job in game situations I will pull strongly for whoever they decide on be it JJ or SW. Whoever they decide must be on a somewhat short leash. When I say short leash not so short they can't make any mistakes but more if they seem to have the deer in the headlight look they need to be pulled.

Like everyone knows that Jeremy is going to start but the mere chance that he won't is what keeps me checking anything and everything..

Yeah, but are you pro-JJ starting, or a traitor? :glare:/>

Are you in politics? Lol

My guess is they play the odds and JJ won't start. That way there won't be a chance that he would be benched twice as a starter. SW started the last 2 games and did reasonably well, so starting him again would be the least disruptive thing to do. But at some point in the game, I think JJ will get some playing time and they will see how it goes.

dont sweat it. Auburn isnt a good team this year just settle on that fact and lower your expectations. im not saying they wont be at the end of the year but right now, no.

If they are hand cuffed who starts at qb doesn't really matter

I don't think Jeremy was handcuffed in the LSU game. Literally nothing was working that game but the fact we ran a read option in an actual game tells me Gus at least tried.

Yeah, but are you pro-JJ starting, or a traitor? :glare:/>

I believe, as Gus seemingly does, that our only chance of actually being nationally relevant lies with Jeremy. I don't think Jeremy is bad, I think he just put himself in a bad situation mentally.

I don't think Jeremy was handcuffed in the LSU game. Literally nothing was working that game but the fact we ran a read option in an actual game tells me Gus at least tried.

No he wasn't which is why he has more pics imo. But I think if he starts he will be. Let's call a spade a spade this game won't be good at all for the qb if we can't run run the ball. Kentucky is going to blitz, we will need use of a tight end, audibles to make them pay for being aggressive. Hasn't been the play calling strong suit....

No he wasn't which is why he has more pics imo. But I think if he starts he will be. Let's call a spade a spade this game won't be good at all for the qb if we can't run run the ball. Kentucky is going to blitz, we will need use of a tight end, audibles to make them pay for being aggressive. Hasn't been the play calling strong suit....

The LSU second half to be specific. I think it and the first drive of the MSU game are the only moments I can remember the play call being opened up. And I do see where you could think the PC ended up in more picks. There was a lot of deep plays called and Jeremy looked to force those throws a lot

Neither JJ nor SW have nuanced play action skills and we NEED them to learn it to freeze a defender or two - a ten ton elephant few are acknowledging. Marshall's 2013 scintillating, slight of hand play action was a key to that offense's success and has been glaringly missing from Gusball ever since (even Nick's senior year trickery wasn't as adept as 2013).

Archived