Duke apologizes

FoundationEagle

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/exiled_receiver_dhaquille_will.html#incart_story_package

"I just wanna thank Auburn for everything they done for me and the people that helped me I made mistake after mistake so it's only right I blame myself... I just wanna say sorry to my family my teammates and the auburn family/fans... Everybody love you when Yu on top but once you hit the bottom all the negativity come out but it's only human I wish my brothers the best of luck the rest of the season do work... Ima miss everything about AU from friends to teammates especially the fans but I can't hold back I got to live life I'm going get everything that I desire know matter what nobody or nothing will stop me from achieving my dreams and goals it's human I will learn from my mistakes #WDE"

I saw this too. I hope and pray he learns from this and is able to reach his full potential.

Words are nice, but actions display true contrition.

I saw this too. I hope and pray he learns from this and is able to reach his full potential.

Words are nice, but actions display true contrition.

Me too. Praying for him to be able to get help for his anger mismanagement

Was pleased to see that earlier today....and hope he has truly learned from this although I do worry about who will take the role of coach/mentor now that he is out of Auburn.

Also today read about the former TAMU player who apparently murdered a person in Dallas....had lots of "anger" problems before and during college days...and now this...a really sad situation ...probably because everyone had given up on him after so many efforts to help him. I pray that Duke has a better outcome.

We all make mistakes and sometimes display poor or questionable behavior. No man is perfect.

"The mark of a good man is that he earnestly seeks to be a better man tomorrow than he is today." - Donovan Edge

The apology is a start. I hope and pray to hear good things about Duke in the future.

We all make mistakes and sometimes display poor or questionable behavior. No man is perfect.

"The mark of a good man is that he earnestly seeks to be a better man tomorrow than he is today." - Donovan Edge

The apology is a start. I hope and pray to hear good things about Duke in the future.

Agreed

nice of him to say, when he probably didn't need to. I mean, would have been better had he been so thoughtful and concerned about doing the right thing before . Even going back to last year, he could have shown better foresight.

Hope his contrition is legit, and he's able to gain wisdom from his mistakes.

Not to be cynical but does an apology like this enhance his chances of getting the support of the coaches when pro day comes around? In light of all his troubles, where is he likely to go in the draft? I assume no one is choosing him in the first or second rounds so is he a mid- to late-rounder or does he fall farther than that? Such a waste of talent. I hope he gets it together so he can have an NFL career and make some money. Based on that apology, he is not going to be working as an editor for The New Yorker though he might could catch on with al.com.

He should have stopped at "especially the fans" You don't talk about yourself and your goals and dreams in an apology this shows to me he hasn't learned and won't learn as it was about himself. I am rarely negative towards players regardless of their situation however this didn't sit well with me. He has had success at every level the NFL is a different beast I wish him well, maybe call Randy Moss and have a conversation with him could be enlightening. This was a pro day play nothing more nothing less.

He should have stopped at "especially the fans" You don't talk about yourself and your goals and dreams in an apology this shows to me he hasn't learned and won't learn as it was about himself. I am rarely negative towards players regardless of their situation however this didn't sit well with me. He has had success at every level the NFL is a different beast I wish him well, maybe call Randy Moss and have a conversation with him could be enlightening. This was a pro day play nothing more nothing less.

Probably...and I guess I understand it. He's apparently one of those guys who thinks he belongs in the NFL and who can blame him for retaining the dream since it's been reinforced for years by pundits and coaches?

Unfortunately, we don't often see people with problems change their basic nature.....but it can happen....perhaps he needs a Damascus Road experience .....maybe this was it....time will tell. Lots of people are pulling for him ....but I suspect most of us are not too optimistic.

Probably...and I guess I understand it. He's apparently one of those guys who thinks he belongs in the NFL and who can blame him for retaining the dream since it's been reinforced for years by pundits and coaches?

Unfortunately, we don't often see people with problems change their basic nature.....but it can happen....perhaps he needs a Damascus Road experience .....maybe this was it....time will tell. Lots of people are pulling for him ....but I suspect most of us are not too optimistic.

Yep, the . . .

but I can't hold back I got to live life I'm going get everything that I desire know matter what nobody or nothing will stop me

. . . doesn't sound like a man who's sorry about breaking a team mate's jaw. But rather an exclamation that you better not even be accidentally in my way. Because ready or not here I come.

Good first step young man. I hope and pray Duke makes the needed changes in his life to successful as he desires personally and professionally.

Not to be cynical but does an apology like this enhance his chances of getting the support of the coaches when pro day comes around? In light of all his troubles, where is he likely to go in the draft? I assume no one is choosing him in the first or second rounds so is he a mid- to late-rounder or does he fall farther than that? Such a waste of talent. I hope he gets it together so he can have an NFL career and make some money. Based on that apology, he is not going to be working as an editor for The New Yorker though he might could catch on with al.com.

Might help if he does right from now till next May . It'll be a joke if he makes more poor choices though.

Did anyone else notice, in the article, that he apparently punched Dampeer after the SJSU game and now Dampeer is out indefinitely? Makes you wonder if Dempeer is in the doghouse as well, now, or if Duke actually hurt him and that was the key to his dismissal.

Nevermind... I saw a post in another thread that Duke did actually hurt him and that is why Dampeer is out. Nothing like getting yourself kicked off the team and taking someone else with you as proof of character. Duke needs professional help.

I have always liked the George Jones song "Choices". The lyrics were always so true:

I've had choices

Since the day that I was born

There were voices

That told me right from wrong

If I had listened

No I wouldn't be here today

Living and dying

With the choices I made

Guess punctuation isn't cool anymore...

As a side note, good for him. Hope it works out and that he learned something

I've read much worst than that. I read a statement from Gilbert Arenas the other day regarding his gun disputes with Crittendon and I pretty much had to stop after reading every sentence to translate what he said.

Archived