Harvard University Study Reveals Astonishing Link Between Firearms, Crime and Gun Control

autigeremt

Wow this is gonna bring rain from the extreme gun control libs since the study is by Harvard, a cornerstone of the liberal establishment.

If they aren't gun scientists then they aren't qualified enough to make any claims. That's probably the reason the study was "overlooked."

Wow this is gonna bring rain from the extreme gun control libs since the study is by Harvard, a cornerstone of the liberal establishment.

This is not a "Harvard study". It's a non-peer-reviewed article written in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, which is a conservative Law Review edited by right-wing Harvard Law students.

This is not a "Harvard study". It's a non-peer-reviewed article written in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, which is a conservative Law Review edited by right-wing Harvard Law students.

So does that make the statistics in the article inaccurate? I would suggest they are probably selectively presented. Seems to happen on both sides of the aisle. Anecdotally i can say my wife was attacked once and our home robbed once before we got our guns and concealed carry permits. Since that time we have had no issues. To be fair the numerous GSD's are probably more of a deterrent.

So does that make the statistics in the article inaccurate? I would suggest they are probably selectively presented. Seems to happen on both sides of the aisle. Anecdotally i can say my wife was attacked once and our home robbed once before we got our guns and concealed carry permits. Since that time we have had no issues. To be fair the numerous GSD's are probably more of a deterrent.

Who knows. I'll parse it later. I was just pointing out the silliness of calling this a "Harvard Study"

Who knows. I'll parse it later. I was just pointing out the silliness of calling this a "Harvard Study"

Good point. I have often wondered why we put credence in academia's take on situations that they approach with a preconceived conclusion.

Killary's comments about this issue last night were silly. Beyond.....

Archived