Carl Lawson Spotted?

ALTiger

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's called leadership. There is a reason he was chosen as a team captain and I think it is great he traveled with the team. Doubt he will play but that does not mean he can't contribute to the team. War Damn Carl Lawson.

Since you can only take so many on road trips,the Duke dismissal may have opened up a place for him. I too think it will only be in a leadersip role though. Hope I am wrong and he plays lights out.

Any truth to this?

“@WarBlogle: Carl Lawson is in Lexington. Will he play? No idea, but injured players without a chance to play usually don't travel to away games. #auburn”

3935283.jpg

Gus is pulling out all the stops. Carl Lawson-Starting Quarterback !!!!!!!

Off crutches AND with the team? No way he doesn't play!

He's been ready to go since he went out. We've just been keeping other teams in the dark.

Classic Gus. Establish the tendency (sitting CL game after game) and then BAM! start him for the Church's Chicken bowl. They'll never see it coming.

Prince Wanago will be the starting QB in Lexington. He will be the largest QB in the history of college football. He has had a crash course in running Gus' offense. He has 4.55 40 speed while running up hill.

Off crutches AND with the team? No way he doesn't play!

He's been ready to go since he went out. We've just been keeping other teams in the dark.

Classic Gus. Establish the tendency (sitting CL game after game) and then BAM! start him for the Church's Chicken bowl. They'll never see it coming.

Nah he's banking on 2 loss SEC champ making it into the playoff. Gus told me...well not me but a guy I know.

Just popping in to say this forum title cracked me up (everything is funny after long work days). For some reason I imagined Steve Irwin and how he used to "spot something" in the wild. "Crickey, lookie here. We got a quarterback assassin grazing in his natural habitat"

Now, back to regularly scheduled programming on the topic: from all the info we've been fed, I would put Carl playing tomorrow right up there in the same surprise category as Kerryon being the starting QB tomorrow. I like surprises though, so wouldn't mind one (or both) of those scenarios happening!

If Lawson is in fact in K-Town to play...it would be one of the biggest and happiest surprise moves ever by an Auburn coaching staff. Hope springs eternal!!

If Lawson is in fact in K-Town to play...it would be one of the biggest and happiest surprise moves ever by an Auburn coaching staff. Hope springs eternal!!

There's a pic of him on the field sans crutches in this very thread. Don't get your hopes up on him actually playing.

So....101...WDE?? Where are you inside sources here?? Lol

I'd assume ptb would have dropped some kind of positive note on CL if there was any. I'm saying 97 percent chance he doesn't have pads on tomorrow. The 3 percent is just the chance that he wears pads and paces the sideline scaring the crap out of KY but never actually plays.

Hell Auburn should be able to beat Kentucky without CL.

Last two times we played them Kentucky won 21-14 in 2009 and we scored with just a few seconds left to come from behind and win 37-34 in 2010. This game wouldn't be easy under any circumstances.

Last two times we played them Kentucky won 21-14 in 2009 and we scored with just a few seconds left to come from behind and win 37-34 in 2010. This game wouldn't be easy under any circumstances.

I agree, but in both years they had an elite athlete in Randall Cobb. Don't think they have a player of that caliber this year but they have speed in some positions that could hurt us defensively.

I agree, but in both years they had an elite athlete in Randall Cobb. Don't think they have a player of that caliber this year but they have speed in some positions that could hurt us defensively.

This is also a much better team. Those teams were coached by a man who has the first name "Joker."

Stoops has UK making serious strides forward. This is a more complete team than the ones that we played in 09 and 10. The defense is good. Offensively, they run the ball well and have a lot of athletic receivers. Honestly, their biggest weakness thus far has been that their quarterback play has been spotty. Some weeks Towles plays well, and others he looks awful. Kind of reminds me of Bo Wallace.

This is also a much better team. Those teams were coached by a man who has the first name "Joker."

Stoops has UK making serious strides forward. This is a more complete team than the ones that we played in 09 and 10. The defense is good. Offensively, they run the ball well and have a lot of athletic receivers. Honestly, their biggest weakness thus far has been that their quarterback play has been spotty. Some weeks Towles plays well, and others he looks awful. Kind of reminds me of Bo Wallace.

Wouldn't say they are a more complete team, I personally think the teams we previously faced were more complete with Hartline, Cobb, Locke, Matthews, and a good blocking FB in Conner on O. Then Corey Peters, and 3 pretty good LB's on Maxwell, Johnson, and Trevathan. Then add Winston Guy in the secondary and that's a pretty good ball club talent wise. That talents wins more games with a better coach than UK's current team in my opinion. I'm just glad they don't have Dupree or Smith on their D this year.

On their D they've given up 350+ in 4 out of 5 games this year, but our O still worries me.

Their O can be dangerous. Kemp and Williams have good speed and have a slashing style which worries me, especially with our LB play. Their WR's are shifty, wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of screens and quick passes to get them in space.

Archived