Carl Lawson Spotted?

ALTiger

He didn't travel to LSU. I hope this is good news. I can't see how he played the last snap of the first half (at Louisville) and hadn't played since. To say he'd be gone all year is a head scratcher.

I doubt he plays tomorrow but maybe another two weeks he could.

Well the game was in Atlanta not at Louisville. I don't see why its a head scratcher when he's been INJURED. Lots of players miss games due to injuries, and quite a few are injured and out for the year (see Nick Chubb). There are often times the injury lingers or its worse than they originally thought.

I know where the game was I've watched it several times. I watched JJ stare down every receiver, and watched Lawson play the last snap on defense (before half). He was a limping a little but it barely effected his play. So him not returning in the second HALF was not a surprise but being out this long was not foreseen by anyone, and shouldn't of been. Which makes it a head scratcher..

(And Chubbs injury isn't comparable. Chubbs is out for a long time maybe for his career. Lawson was playing on his last play, Chubb snapped a leg and was laying on the ground with medical staff surrounding him, for his last play.)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anything ever come out as to what exactly is wrong with his hip/leg? Cowart had some good moments in the San Jose game so here's hoping he's Lawson 2.0 starting now.

How is it a head scratcher? Obviously his injury is more severe than we thought.

Ok as of today it's not. But if you were asked after the Louisville game if you thought he would play the next week most would say yes.

How is it a head scratcher? Obviously his injury is more severe than we thought.

Ok as of today it's not. But if you were asked after the Louisville game if you thought he would play the next week most would say yes.

We were told hip flexor initially and those can take a while to overcome. When he wasn't back by the 3rd game, we surmised that it's more severe. So no, I wasn't surprised based on the information given.

We were told hip flexor initially and those can take a while to overcome. When he wasn't back by the 3rd game, we surmised that it's more severe. So no, I wasn't surprised based on the information given.

Some people look for the tiniest things to argue over in the absence of a real discussion

Just did a little hip flexor research and based off worst cast scenarios it could take 4-6 weeks to recover. Saturday would be 6 weeks. I have 0 medical expertise but I thought I'd throw this out to stoke the fires.

Some people look for the tiniest things to argue over in the absence of a real discussion

Internet in a nut shell.

Honestly I think Gus realizes this game could jump start the rest of our season and give the guys some confidence. It really is a make or break game for us. Sounds like he's trying to keep UK guessing(i.e. QB competition, Lawson making trip)

I saw here he was officially listed as "out". He's definitely in Lexington but just more for leadership and help on the sidelines.

Auburn — LB Tre' Williams probable (knee), CB Tim Irvin probable (foot), RB Jovon Robinson questionable (leg), DL Jaunta'vius Johnson questionable (knee), CB T.J. Davis doubtful (knee), C Xavier Dampeer out (undisclosed), DE Carl Lawson out (hip), CB Josh Holsey out (knee)

I saw here he was officially listed as "out". He's definitely in Lexington but just more for leadership and help on the sidelines.

Auburn — LB Tre' Williams probable (knee), CB Tim Irvin probable (foot), RB Jovon Robinson questionable (leg), DL Jaunta'vius Johnson questionable (knee), CB T.J. Davis doubtful (knee), C Xavier Dampeer out (undisclosed), DE Carl Lawson out (hip), CB Josh Holsey out (knee)

Not completely sure I trust this though. If Lawson is playing, they probably want it to be a surprise for UK. Why would they say questionable or probable? It would give Mark Stoops and Co. a chance to game plan for him.

I don't think you can lie on an injury report. If the guy is listed as Out he has to be out. I could be wrong though.

Not completely sure I trust this though. If Lawson is playing, they probably want it to be a surprise for UK. Why would they say questionable or probable? It would give Mark Stoops and Co. a chance to game plan for him.

You say questionable so they have to prepare for both. Lawson isn't playing.

Some report that Lawson might be available for Oct 31 game IF cleared by Dr's

Can anyone else confirm? And how certain are these sources?

If Lawson don't return he will be the greatest DE to never play at auburn smh. He will be drafted solely on hype because he hasn't produced on the field because he hasn't been on the field. If he doesn't come back this season to play then he will play at Auburn next year. If he returns and proves in the final 4 or 5 games that he's the freak we think he is then he will go to the NFL.

No GM is drafting a guy based off hype. If we listened to hype JJ would have already won the Heisman. ( I realize Lawson has played but not enough to say he's a first or second round pick, can't pay millions based off potential alone)

If Lawson don't return he will be the greatest DE to never play at auburn smh. He will be drafted solely on hype because he hasn't produced on the field because he hasn't been on the field. If he doesn't come back this season to play then he will play at Auburn next year. If he returns and proves in the final 4 or 5 games that he's the freak we think he is then he will go to the NFL.

No GM is drafting a guy based off hype. If we listened to hype JJ would have already won the Heisman. ( I realize Lawson has played but not enough to say he's a first or second round pick, can't pay millions based off potential alone)

It's conflicting emotions here. Best case for Lawson is he starts playing now, plays phenomenal and goes pro at the end of the year. Best case for AU is he stays for next year, which I don't think is likely if he plays again this year. I want him to succeed and get of AU without another injury, but I also want AU to have him next year. Of course I'd rather him succeed than Auburn have him for another year, but next year would be better with him for sure.

It makes no sense in saying he will not play for Auburn again. CGM and Carl each know that CL needs to have some quality playing time as a tiger in order to have any kind of chance of playing in the NFL. If Carl does not play any more for Auburn, he will likely never play again period.

It makes no sense in saying he will not play for Auburn again. CGM and Carl each know that CL needs to have some quality playing time as a tiger in order to have any kind of chance of playing in the NFL. If Carl does not play any more for Auburn, he will likely never play again period.

It makes some sense.

Some report that Lawson might be available for Oct 31 game IF cleared by Dr's

Can anyone else confirm? And how certain are these sources?

Good source. Staying within posting guidelines.

Just remember: Duke was going pro end of last year, JJ going pro after this year, Rhett taking a Head Coaching job last year and at the end of this year... just saying.

Archived