Carl Lawson Spotted?

ALTiger

Can I clarify?

Carl's parents aren't any more in this than any other player's parents. They want what's best for Carl. I don't super love the argument framed in the light of his parents being somehow selfish or self-promoting. (Not saying anyone is doing this, but it's the next step the mind goes to.) It's incredibly important for his type of injury to come back once everything is healed up without doubt. He had a good visit with Dr. Andrews and they are still chasing the abnormal imaging. I do know that he is feeling better and looks to be light jogging on the hip without discomfort, so that's an excellent sign.

IF he plays again this year (which is still doubtful) we are weeks away. If I was a betting man, I'd say only 25% chance of playing this year, and if so, looking like Ga week.

Keep calm and Kerryon.

Thank you.

I'd be happy with a fresh CL for UGA, Bama.

Heck..I'd be happy with just the 4th quarter of the Iron Bowl.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree with Shady Hollow. If we were able to see him in just 2 or 3 more games in an Auburn uniform wreaking havoc on offensive lines, it would be a treat. A selfish treat at that. But only if he is given green light by parents and doctors of course.

If he comes back, he has a chance to be a lottery pick next year. That's what Alabama sells their players on every year.

Huh? Alabama is perfectly fine with letting their top Juniors go; that has always been one of their recruiting pitches: an assembly line of players leaving every year. Very few of them come back. I have no idea WTF you are talking about.

If he comes back, he has a chance to be a lottery pick next year. That's what Alabama sells their players on every year.

Huh? Alabama is perfectly fine with letting their top Juniors go; that has always been one of their recruiting pitches: an assembly line of players leaving every year. Very few of them come back. I have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Yep turds have no problem with juniors leaving early actually they use it in recruiting.

That's because they are usually first round draft picks! Saban does NOT encourage them to go unless they are supposed to go in the first round. THAT was my point!

WDE is 100% correct. His parents don't want him to play, afraid it'll hurt his draft chances. I'm being told he's gone after this year. I don't blame him one bit if he does. Yea, he might be a 3rd or 4th round pick, but at least he'll be getting paid while recovering from injury. What's the upside in him staying? The risks out-weigh the rewards in his situation in staying. Everyone needs to stop getting emotionally-attached to these players. If you were in his situation, why would you come back and risk getting hurt again, further hurting your draft status? Anyone in his position would go to the NFL if you were in his situation...

This is the only thing that makes sense about him going pro IMO. There's not enough tape on him to be a top 3rd rd draft choice. Also JMO. He has played 2 meaningful quarters since 2013. The draft is in 2016, so in 3 calendar years he's played 2 quarters getting most the snaps and couldn't even make it past halftime. Other than that he had spot duty as a backup in 2013. That's not enough in my opinion to put him in the top 3 rounds. But I'm not paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

I also selfishly want him to stay because even tho UL sucks, he was making a mess in UL's backfield like Nick Fairley used to do

Cole Cubelic disagrees. Says he goes in round 2 or 3 even if he never sees the field again.

That's cool. I mean everyone was so sure Coates would be a 1st-2nd rd pick but he fell all the way to the 4th and he actually played in the games.

And CC might be right, I'm not saying he's wrong, we just won't know until the time comes. It just seems if a guys stock can fall off drastically because of behavioral issues even though he played in all the games (just a theme we see with the NFL) I have a hard time seeing someone who has played 2 meaningful quarters in 3 years will get selected that high. But the money would be tempting as hell if i was in CL's shoes.

If he does end up going I hope the Panthers draft him lol

I think Sammie was so high preseason because people thought his issue(s) would improve. Then all he did was repeat the same type of play as in 2013 with less games because of injury. Then that was ignored because he was supposed to magically heal enough to be able to dominate in the combine. That being said, if he waited until THIS year, he would be late first, early second even with the same type of production. Last year's draft was crazy deep at that position.

Can I clarify?

Carl's parents aren't any more in this than any other player's parents. They want what's best for Carl. I don't super love the argument framed in the light of his parents being somehow selfish or self-promoting. (Not saying anyone is doing this, but it's the next step the mind goes to.) It's incredibly important for his type of injury to come back once everything is healed up without doubt. He had a good visit with Dr. Andrews and they are still chasing the abnormal imaging. I do know that he is feeling better and looks to be light jogging on the hip without discomfort, so that's an excellent sign.

IF he plays again this year (which is still doubtful) we are weeks away. If I was a betting man, I'd say only 25% chance of playing this year, and if so, looking like Ga week.

Keep calm and Kerryon.

I agree 100% about Carl parents. I'm told they are great people and want whats best for their son.

WDE is 100% correct. His parents don't want him to play, afraid it'll hurt his draft chances. I'm being told he's gone after this year. I don't blame him one bit if he does. Yea, he might be a 3rd or 4th round pick, but at least he'll be getting paid while recovering from injury. What's the upside in him staying? The risks out-weigh the rewards in his situation in staying. Everyone needs to stop getting emotionally-attached to these players. If you were in his situation, why would you come back and risk getting hurt again, further hurting your draft status? Anyone in his position would go to the NFL if you were in his situation...

This is the only thing that makes sense about him going pro IMO. There's not enough tape on him to be a top 3rd rd draft choice. Also JMO. He has played 2 meaningful quarters since 2013. The draft is in 2016, so in 3 calendar years he's played 2 quarters getting most the snaps and couldn't even make it past halftime. Other than that he had spot duty as a backup in 2013. That's not enough in my opinion to put him in the top 3 rounds. But I'm not paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

I also selfishly want him to stay because even tho UL sucks, he was making a mess in UL's backfield like Nick Fairley used to do

Cole Cubelic disagrees. Says he goes in round 2 or 3 even if he never sees the field again.

That's cool. I mean everyone was so sure Coates would be a 1st-2nd rd pick but he fell all the way to the 4th and he actually played in the games.

And CC might be right, I'm not saying he's wrong, we just won't know until the time comes. It just seems if a guys stock can fall off drastically because of behavioral issues even though he played in all the games (just a theme we see with the NFL) I have a hard time seeing someone who has played 2 meaningful quarters in 3 years will get selected that high. But the money would be tempting as hell if i was in CL's shoes.

If he does end up going I hope the Panthers draft him lol

I think Sammie was so high preseason because people thought his issue(s) would improve. Then all he did was repeat the same type of play as in 2013 with less games because of injury. Then that was ignored because he was supposed to magically heal enough to be able to dominate in the combine. That being said, if he waited until THIS year, he would be late first, early second even with the same type of production. Last year's draft was crazy deep at that position.

¿Cómo es esto?

have we even thrown that many this year ?

^^^^ not sure what this is either. The same was said about Duke coming back. There is a chance for the second half of the season to improve, but the first half has not been a resume builder (outside of Ricardo and Sean who both had little to be resume starting out)

Can somebody with knowledge of Carl Lawson please confirm or deny the rumor he will be back for the Ole Miss game?

Can somebody with knowledge of Carl Lawson please confirm or deny the rumor he will be back for the Ole Miss game?

No one here knows and anyone who might won't confirm that rumor. Just trust what passthebiscuits says, up above. He's going to provide the most accurate information we can get.

Muschamp said he didn't know if CL will play against Ole Miss. Well he didn't say no!? I doubt he plays

- Will Carl Lawson will be back this week against Ole Miss: "I don't know. Coach will address that."

There is no chance lawson is a 3rd or 4th rounder with his resume (or lack thereof). He hasnt dont anything but get hurt.

Jmo changes on the defensive staff are coming. Could be a few shake ups on offensive staff also. Just a hunch. No proof or links . prolly indigestion or gas. Dinner was great

While I am excited as the next guy about CL returning, that alone will not solve the problem.

Not to mention not extremely likely to even happen. Maybe we should focus more on guys we know plan to suit up for AU again :dunno:

Was told yesterday he was going to play against Ole Miss. :dunno: Don't know what in the world to think or whats going on.

Archived