Carl Lawson Spotted?

ALTiger

I cannot understand why CL would even consider making an attempt to go the NFL route at the end of this season. He would wind up as a free agent with a huge negative due to his chronic injuries. Do not get me wrong. I know he wants to play in the NFL one day down the road in the not too distant future.

If he has an injury free 2016 and makes this defense a formidable foe, he will have a great chance of being drafted in the early rounds. This is by far the most logical path to the NFL for Carl. This would be a huge win/win situation for Carl and his teammates.

Potentially millions of dollars versus being injured further in college and making squat.

Seems like a pretty easy decision.

Selfishly, yes, I hope he returns next season. But I wouldn't blame him if he left.

A great senior year could guarantee millions, but comes with risks and delays possible pay day.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how some of you really think he wouldn't get drafted as long as he tested well....

I suppose some don't understand what the NFL is really looking for. Should say enough that most draft gurus project him in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

I don't understand how some of you really think he wouldn't get drafted as long as he tested well....

just not first three rounds. Denver is only team to draft that dumb(Clarret)

I suppose some don't understand what the NFL is really looking for. Should say enough that most draft gurus project him in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

return on investment ?

Carl has first round talent. Combine that with his character and team interviews, he will do very well. He would drop a few rounds due to health concerns (longevity), but would definitely be drafted. His combine numbers will be head turners. IMO if he comes back this year, he's gone next...and vice versa.

If you're projected anything other than the first round add 2-3 rounds to your projections. I've been following the draft long enough to watch players leave early with a 2-3 grade falling to 4-6 rounds. Now that's not always the case, and really just getting on a team is important, but it is more often than not. If you really believe you're a talent then just get on a team and earn that extension.

However, as a GM there is no way I would draft him before the 5th round unless I was anot already winning team and I added him for potential depth. Needs to prove that his injuries aren't going to be the norm. Like Lattimore at San Fran. They got him late, they already has decent rbs, and their was low risk high potential. Didn't pan out and didn't hurt them either.

At this point, Carl being drafted on the last day is best case scenario. I'd be surprised if he was drafted at all. I do think he has all the talent in the world, but he has no production to show for it.

At this point, Carl being drafted on the last day is best case scenario. I'd be surprised if he was drafted at all. I do think he has all the talent in the world, but he has no production to show for it.

No way it's best case. Projected here between rounds 3-5 as of this week

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016DE.php

He may not end up there, but clearly best possible case is not last day when projections have him much higher....

He passes the eye test, we can all see that.

He'd get drafted somewhere, the potential is there.

As impressive as his physique is, his drive seems more impressive.

To the point of driving his body to injury, its like he can't help it..pushing so hard to the point his body fails.

And given the lifelong work he's put in to get to this close to the NFL, I can totally see him and his family hedging their bets and going soon as possible.

He passes the eye test, we can all see that.

He'd get drafted somewhere, the potential is there.

As impressive as his physique is, his drive seems more impressive.

To the point of driving his body to injury, its like he can't help it..pushing so hard to the point his body fails.

And given the lifelong work he's put in to get to this close to the NFL, I can totally see him and his family hedging their bets and going soon as possible.

when carl played his last play Jeremy was ahead of him in the eye test.

No way it's best case. Projected here between rounds 3-5 as of this week

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016DE.php

He may not end up there, but clearly best possible case is not last day when projections have him much higher....

There are 100+ players every year who are projected to be drafted that never get picked. He simply doesn't have enough game tape.

So to sum up the past several pages for those just tuning in:

1a. Carl will be drafted(enough game film)

1b. Carl won't play another down at AU

2a. Carl won't be drafted(not enough game film)

2b. Carl will play against Ole Miss or at some other point this season

Welcome to 2015... a world where opinion is stated as fact and disagreements turn into blood feuds at the drop of a hat. Buckle up.

Welcome to 2015... a world where opinion is stated as fact and disagreements turn into blood feuds at the drop of a hat. Buckle up.

It's just funny because it's literally the same talking points being repeated over and over by different posters. Including myself.

Archived