Fuming Bernie supporters: Why is CNN deleting our comments?

DKW 86

http://mediaequalize...ng-our-comments

Fuming Bernie supporters: Why is CNN deleting our comments?

Seeing their comments repeatedly deleted by CNN, Bernie Sanders supporters are hopping mad today.

Already feeling the news network’s coverage had become rabidly pro-Hillary in the aftermath of last night’s debate, Facebook users leaving reactions on CNN’s page are now continually re-posting them, knowing they will be quickly removed. There are hundreds in a seeming battle with the network, with no explanation as to why.

Some users and messages appear to be specifically targeted, especially those accusing CNN of having conflicts of interest that make it naturally inclined to back Hillary.

In particular, they’re citing last night’s initial Facebook poll data showing Bernie had won the debate handily. They are claiming the network is now burying that information in today’s coverage.

That clip from last night’s post-debate show is still on YouTube, uploaded to a GOP channel. Some Sanders backers are linking to this:

After reading their objections, we took screenshots earlier this afternoon, then returning to see many no longer present.

There is a LLLOOONNNGGG history and MMMAAANNNYYY reasons why CNN has been called THE CLINTON NEWS NETWORK.

Cute. Bernie's comrades didn't seriously think he could contend w/ the will of Clinton, did they ?

And they are surprised by what? This is their party...they created the beast...they shouldn't be surprised when it is used against them...Nothing can get in the way of Komrade Hillary's coronation.

I think most of you, in your desire to be partisan, are missing the larger picture.

We have candidates on both sides who are well outside of the establishment and, both have conflict with the media. Perhaps this says more about maintaining order in both parties rather than anything about a particular party? Maybe this says something about the allegiance of the media?

If there is a differentiation, I would say that it is more about Clinton and Bush. However, if Bush had any sort of momentum, I wonder if that would be as much of a contrast?

Ole Bernie's Supporters just need to stay home and sit this election out. All the dems running will be replaced with younger candidates next election for them to vote for then.

Ole Bernie's Supporters just need to stay home and sit this election out. All the dems running will be replaced with younger candidates next election for them to vote for then.

I take it that you do not care for older people, young people supporting older people, or democracy. Interesting.

#discouragevoting

Funny. I remember something similar occurring with Ron Paul's supporters.

Sometimes you sound smart and then you do stuff like this.

I'm 26 but I like Bernie in this election btw. I like that he has been consistent throughout not only his campaign, but throughout most of his life in the public sector. Clinton hasn't. I don't dislike Clinton because of her age though.

I take it that you do not care for older people, young people supporting older people, or democracy. Interesting.

#discouragevoting

new ideas are needed. I also don't think people in their 70s should be in that job. Private business normally make CEOs step down for the same reason. The federal government has too many elderly people in positions or power now.

#discouragevoting

new ideas are needed. I also don't think people in their 70s should be in that job. Private business normally make CEOs step down for the same reason. The federal government has too many elderly people in positions or power now.

I respect your right to your opinion. I strongly disagree.

I'm 26 but I like Bernie in this election btw. I like that he has been consistent throughout not only his campaign, but throughout most of his life in the public sector. Clinton hasn't. I don't dislike Clinton because of her age though.

+1. Say what you want, Bernie Sanders is and always has been consistent in his believes. I think they work for today. 30 Years ago, post Carter, i think they would be unsound.

+1. Say what you want, Bernie Sanders is and always has been consistent in his believes. I think they work for today. 30 Years ago, post Carter, i think they would be unsound.

I keep thinking about this. I am not finished but, I think you are basically correct. I think a lot of good companies needed a little help during that period. Too many got caught in a squeeze between debt service and energy costs. You could say bad management but, it would have been difficult to see both coming and, so dramatic a change. I tend to believe we should have done a little more to help, not necessarily the companies (end result but a bigger motive), but competition, capitalism.

Eastern Airlines always come to mind.

I keep thinking about this. I am not finished but, I think you are basically correct. I think a lot of good companies needed a little help during that period. Too many got caught in a squeeze between debt service and energy costs. You could say bad management but, it would have been difficult to see both coming and, so dramatic a change. I tend to believe we should have done a little more to help, not necessarily the companies (end result but a bigger motive), but competition, capitalism.

Post Carter, we were coming off 70% marginal tax rates, and a bad recession, with high interest rates.

That is just not analogous to today. Today we have slow economy, low-no interest rates, relatively low tax rates, and lower number of jobs.

We have ONE political party in this country..........figure it out and you might consider real change. ;)

Post Carter, we were coming off 70% marginal tax rates, and a bad recession, with high interest rates.

That is just not analogous to today. Today we have slow economy, low-no interest rates, relatively low tax rates, and lower number of jobs.

His ideas are just as bad now as they were then.

Hoover's Policys Failed. FDR's Worked.

Carter's Policys Failed. Reagan's Worked.

Bush-Obama Policys Failed. Maybe it's time to see if Bernie's Work?

Nothing is constant but change.

religious-political-pendulum-swing2.jpg

#discouragevoting

Yeah, God forbid we elect a person with experience. :-\

You underestimate the value of wisdom (experience) and overestimate the value of "new ideas". The last "new idea" was trickle-down (supply side) economics, deregulation and shrinking the government (except for the military of course).

And here we are.

The problem is we aren't smart enough to try what seems to have worked in the past.

We are plagued by a handful of zealots. They were born of congressional districts that are so conservative that their zealotry is what keeps them in power. They feel no other responsibility but furthering their articles of faith even if blatantly political and counter-productive. In our system, it doesn't take many zealots to sabotage the government.

#discouragevoting

You underestimate the value of wisdom (experience) and overestimate the value of "new ideas". The last "new idea" was trickle-down (supply side) economics, deregulation and shrinking the government (except for the military of course).

And here we are.

The problem is we aren't smart enough to try what seems to have worked in the past.

We are plagued by a handful of zealots. They were born of congressional districts that are so conservative that their zealotry is what keeps them in power. They feel no other responsibility but furthering their articles of faith. And it doesn't take many zealots to sabotage the government in our system.

homer, there is an unlimited number of zealots on both sides. Trust me on this one.

And they are surprised by what? This is their party...they created the beast...they shouldn't be surprised when it is used against them...Nothing can get in the way of Komrade Hillary's coronation.

Komrade? :rolleyes:

#discouragevoting

And here we are.

We are plagued by a handful of zealots. They were born of congressional districts that are so conservative that their zealotry is what keeps them in power. They feel no other responsibility but furthering their articles of faith. And it doesn't take many zealots to sabotage the government in our system.

homer, there is an unlimited number of zealots on both sides. Trust me on this one.

Sure, never said otherwise.

But I was referring to the members of the so called "Freedom Caucus". The ones who created the current turmoil in the GOP.

Sure, never said otherwise. :no:

But I was referring to the members of the so called "Freedom Caucus". The ones who created the current turmoil in the GOP.

The current turmoil in DC is from both sides and dates back 10-20 years now.

#discouragevoting

Yeah, God forbid we elect a person with experience. :-\/>

And here we are.

We are plagued by a handful of zealots. They were born of congressional districts that are so conservative that their zealotry is what keeps them in power. They feel no other responsibility but furthering their articles of faith even if blatantly political and counter-productive. In our system, it doesn't take many zealots to sabotage the government.

Zealots? Have you looked at the urban and minority districts that are liberal and that keep the same representatives coming back every election even when they commit unethical actions and possible criminal conduct?

We have older Supreme Court justices that can't stay awake during meetings. We have had elderly senators and representatives living in nursing homes. Some have been wheeled in to vote in their hospital beds. Both parties have elected people that need to go home and retire.

#discouragevoting

Yeah, God forbid we elect a person with experience. :-\/>

And here we are.

Sure, never said otherwise.

Turmoil? Meaning certain representatives want to represent their districts as intended by the founders and not large donors? Some of those donors also give equally to both parties and the donors don't even live in the state or district.

If donated money is to decide how the country will be governed, then just let outsider bidders bid on passing or not passing certain legislation cutting out the politicians. The government would also raise a lot of revenue too, but some elected politicians would start living very meager lives.

If there was true campaign reform with a constitutional admendment limiting donatations only from US citizens living in the district of the poltitican running for office, you would see much more wide open turmoil.

Hoover's Policys Failed. FDR's Worked.

Carter's Policys Failed. Reagan's Worked.

Bush-Obama Policys Failed. Maybe it's time to see if Bernie's Work?

Nothing is constant but change.

religious-political-pendulum-swing2.jpg

FDR's new deal recovery never really worked. The US economy started recovering during the 2nd year the US was in WWII. We had 10 million Americans being added to the military forces and millions more became fully employed working in American factories producing for the war efforts of the US, UK, Russia, etc. that strong economy lasted until the early 1970s when Western Europe and Japan had finally recovered from WWII and did not need our production support.

FDR actually made the depression worse. Ironically FDR adopted Hoover's economic policies into the new deal.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/FDR-s-Policies-Prolonged-Depression-5409

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/HooversEconomicPolicies.html

When it was all over, I once made a list of New Deal ventures begun during Hoover’s years as Secretary of Commerce and then as president. . . . The New Deal owed much to what he had begun.1 —FDR advisor Rexford G. Tugwell

Many historians, most of the general public, and even many economists think of Herbert Hoover, the president who preceded Franklin D. Roosevelt, as a defender of laissez-faire economic policy. According to this view, Hoover’s dogmatic commitment to small government led him to stand by and do nothing while the economy collapsed in the wake of the 1929 stock market crash. The reality is quite different. Far from being a bystander, Hoover actively intervened in the economy, advocating and implementing polices that were quite similar to those that Franklin Roosevelt later implemented. Moreover, many of Hoover's interventions, like those of his successor, caused the Great Depression to be “great”—that is, to last a long time.

Archived