Sean White to start tonight

TitanTiger

I hope this rumor is true. SW has shown some guts and intensity.

I hope Gus lets him throw the ball. If they don't, then they must think he will throw picks based on his performance in practice.

Can you imagine what this board would have been like if SW had thrown a couple of picks during the SJS game and we had lost the game?

The screaming on this board would have melted my computer!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we run the tempo it doesn't matter what plays are called or how "open" the playbook is, we move the ball and score points. When we go slow, it's painful to watch unless we've got a lead and are killing the clock.

Whoever QB's tonight, he needs to do it Auburn Fast.

From your post to Gus's ears ... erh ... eyes!

When we run the tempo it doesn't matter what plays are called or how "open" the playbook is, we move the ball and score points. When we go slow, it's painful to watch unless we've got a lead and are killing the clock.

Please, God, not Auburn Fast. Let's do it Actually Fast.

Please, God, not Auburn Fast. Let's do it Actually Fast.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kris Frost just tweeted it out as well.

No he didn't. I follow Frost on Twitter and there is no tweet about White starting.

I've gotten to the bottom of it...possibly

Nice play on words if he was indeed calling SW the starter. Bravo, Kris.

No he didn't. I follow Frost on Twitter and there is no tweet about White starting.

https://instagram.com/p/83sAPvwZM-/

Aren't we wearing white jerseys tonight?

Yes, I think he was implying that Frost's post may have been a pun off the white jerseys and S. White starting.

Sooo.......the point of this week and naming someone hours before the game.... :headscratch: Didn't really care who started as long as they get us on track offensively but this entire situation has the feeling of....i really don't know what to do and being flustered. IDK. I just hope they finally let Sean loose to make more plays with his arm and the WRs help him out. Running Peyton up the middle MAY get us past Kentucky but we need to open this sucker up NOW!

Yep -- and shoes, don't forget.

Hence the play on words if KF was indeed suggesting SW is starting.

Lordy. Frost needs to worry about making a tackle. Not tweeting.

You got that right...IF he indeed sent out a tweet though

The first play should be play action swing pass!!

Would bet a million it's a run up the middle or a failed WR screen...

You'd likely be a very rich person!

Usually it's a fake read option with the ball given to the RB off the left tackle.....That's where I'm placing my bet.

Usually it's a fake read option with the ball given to the RB off the left tackle.....That's where I'm placing my bet.

***should

I foresee the same conservative game plan unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully we build a big first half lead on the ground and Gus can then loosen up the chokehold he seems to have put on SW and let him throw and open it up more the first few possessions of the third quarter before going to the backups. Now, if he just lets SW play glorified game manager and builds a lead and then puts in a garbage time JJ to throw the ball around for the last quarter to "build confidence" and thus go into Fayetteville with week 4 of the "week to week" QB evaluation fiasco, I've got an unopened bottle of Glenfiddich 18 that will get some attention tonight

We have to establish the run. That has been the heart and soul of Auburn offense since Gus has been here. That does includes the pass off of the read option. Everybody talks about us only having about 5 plays that is true to a point but when the offense is executed and run fast there are different options on almost every one of those 5 plays that is why it has been so hard to stop. This year we basically have only done one option off of each of those plays which is why defenses have been more effective. The run needs to setup the pass.

Hopefully with two games under his belt and two weeks with equal reps with first team we can get back to utilizing different options on same play. Make defender commit to one option then use the other option.

It was previously reported by somebody here that Sean would start and JJ would come in in the 2nd quarter unless Sean's tearing it up. FWIW.

WDE said that

That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember for sure. Thanks.

We have to establish the run. That has been the heart and soul of Auburn offense since Gus has been here. That does includes the pass off of the read option. Everybody talks about us only having about 5 plays that is true to a point but when the offense is executed and run fast there are different options on almost every one of those 5 plays that is why it has been so hard to stop. This year we basically have only done one option off of each of those plays which is why defenses have been more effective. The run needs to setup the pass.

Hopefully with two games under his belt and two weeks with equal reps with first team we can get back to utilizing different options on same play. Make defender commit to one option then use the other option.

That is correct. Plus, when things are clicking as they should be, we can run the same plays from different formations using the same personnel packages. Thus, less of the bemoaned substitution and more hurry-up, fast-paced O.

^^^^

It was previously reported by somebody here that Sean would start and JJ would come in in the 2nd quarter unless Sean's tearing it up. FWIW.

WDE said that

That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember for sure. Thanks.

Loof, you know who really said this...

That settles that.

All he talk radio types agreed that JJ would likely start as he " deserved " another shot.

Gus felt differently

Archived