President Obama Leaving 5,500 Troops in Afghanistan After Office

autigeremt

The last paragraph is the reason.........

CNN analyst and military veteran Lt. Col. Rick Francona said that this plan “is this administration pushing this off to the next administration because the next time they have to make this decision, it will be a different president in the White House.”

Not leaving a small security force in Iraq resulted in ISIS becoming a real force. Afghanistan will fall soon after we leave. The US's middle east foreign policy is a complete mess.

CNN analyst and military veteran Lt. Col. Rick Francona said that this plan “is this administration pushing this off to the next administration because the next time they have to make this decision, it will be a different president in the White House.”

Not leaving a small security force in Iraq resulted in ISIS becoming a real force. Afghanistan will fall soon after we leave. The US's middle east foreign policy is a complete mess.

I know Obama was against going into Iraq . I wonder if he also thinks that going into the Middle East at all is a waste of time, and because of this he doesn't want us to win, or come away with any sort of advantage in the region. I bet he feels our involvement over there is illegitimate and he doesn't want to clean up George Bush's mess.

If you've followed any of Gate's statements or Obama's recent statements; he's completely indifferent to the plight of the people he has put in harms way over the years or any ME policies he's implemented in his time in office. I'm shocked that he made this decision...it represents a half measure; but still shocked he bit this bullet.

If you've followed any of Gate's statements or Obama's recent statements; he's completely indifferent to the plight of the people he has put in harms way over the years or any ME policies he's implemented in his time in office. I'm shocked that he made this decision...it represents a half measure; but still shocked he bit this bullet.

He's indifferent to those he puts in to harm's way, as well as to the people who are affected by radical Islam. in Obama's mind set, ALL of this is entirely due to Bush, Cheney and Haliburton. Nothing or no one else.

CNN analyst and military veteran Lt. Col. Rick Francona said that this plan "is this administration pushing this off to the next administration because the next time they have to make this decision, it will be a different president in the White House."

I know Obama was against going into Iraq . I wonder if he also thinks that going into the Middle East at all is a waste of time, and because of this he doesn't want us to win, or come away with any sort of advantage in the region. I bet he feels our involvement over there is illegitimate and he doesn't want to clean up George Bush's mess.

Seriously? :-\

What in your mind would constitute "winning".

As far as leaving troops in Afghanistan, they are 1) apparently not capable of defeating the Taliban without our presence and 2) have requested we remain - something Iraq didn't do.

The failure here is our failure to develop the government's military forces to stand on their own. Obama's certainly not the first to underestimate the difficulty of achieving military and political successes there. Supposedly, this residual force will be focused on developing the Afghani army into an independent force. The fatal problem with that IMO, is that it is just as dependent on political progress as effective training and we have virtually no control over that, as Iraq taught us.

That's just BS.

He's indifferent to those he puts in to harm's way, as well as to the people who are affected by radical Islam. in Obama's mind set, ALL of this is entirely due to Bush, Cheney and Haliburton. Nothing or no one else.

That's beyond BS. That's just insane.

Typical. The peace president keeps our longest running war active, breaking another campaign promise, but does so in a half measure, allowing the "opposition" party to once again claim that when the inevitable failure happens, it is due to our not meddling enough. And anyone proposing a more sane route is just not being a grown up.

Can't keep this ridiculous charade up forever, guys. Last one out shut the lights off behind you.

Homer, your inability to comes to grips and face reality isn't something I lose sleep over , at all. Obama is probably more radical , deep in his heart, than even most of those who pay attention know.

Homer, your inability to comes to grips and face reality isn't something I lose sleep over , at all. Obama is probably more radical , deep in his heart, than even most of those who pay attention know.

Your ODS resides deep in your heart. That's just nuts.

It's not ' ODS'. It's simply being aware and politically informed. Clearly, you're not.

It's not ' ODS'. It's simply being aware and politically informed. Clearly, you're not.

BS. I am as aware and "politically informed" as anyone.

I just don't believe Obama is some sort of secret Islamist radical who hates America. That's obviously crazy.

I just don't believe Obama is some sort of secret Islamist radical who hates America. That's obviously crazy.

Well if he isn't, then he's the most incompetent jackass that's occupied that office, at least in modern times. Our enemies laugh at us and our allies don't trust us. Either way the end results are the same.

Well if he isn't, then he's the most incompetent jackass that's occupied that office, at least in modern times. Our enemies laugh at us and our allies don't trust us. Either way the end results are the same.

That - at least - is a rational opinion.

Congratulations.

Exact same opinion as I've always had, yet homer doesn't see it when it comes from me.

Difference is, I take it a step further to explain WHY Obama is so incompetent, and that's just too damn much for homer to process.

Exact same opinion as I've always had, yet homer doesn't see it when it comes from me.

Difference is, I take it a step further to explain WHY Obama is so incompetent, and that's just too damn much for homer to process.

Apparently you don't know the difference between dumb and evil.

But then, you can't differentiate between a mistake and a lie either, so that's hardly surprising. Oh wait, if it's a Republican it's always a mistake (Iraq), never a lie. :-\

But then, you can't differentiate between a mistake and a lie either, so that's hardly surprising. Oh wait, if it's a Republican it's always a mistake (Iraq), never a lie. :-\

Only , there was no lie w/ Iraq, so I guess " mistake " is the best you can offer.

And you're ignoring the possibility that something can be dumb AND evil, at the same time. Killing big game elephants for sport, for example.

Only , there was no lie w/ Iraq, so I guess " mistake " is the best you can offer.

And you're ignoring the possibility that something can be dumb AND evil, at the same time. Killing big game elephants for sport, for example.

Obviously your definition of "dumb" is anyone who disagrees with you. I seriously doubt people who kill elephants for sport are too dumb to know better; that's just evil.

Still another broken campaign promise. Regardless of where your heart is.......

Not much in Obama's campaign promises that I support. This is one item I wish he had stuck to his commitment. My oldest son got back from his second tour to Afghanistan around 3am this morning. We will get together over Thanksgiving and I will get his take on the situation. When I had the opportunity to speak with my son on this tour I could tell his attitude was different from the first time around. Could have been he was stuck operating out of a real base controlled by the Army and Air Force instead of an outpost. He hated coming in from long patrols to see people organizing block parties and movie nights. Also could have been frustration with the operational command. Look forward to hearing what they were allowed to do. Hate to hear that a third tour might be on the horizon with little prospect of improving the situation.

Not much in Obama's campaign promises that I support. This is one item I wish he had stuck to his commitment. My oldest son got back from his second tour to Afghanistan around 3am this morning. We will get together over Thanksgiving and I will get his take on the situation. When I had the opportunity to speak with my son on this tour I could tell his attitude was different from the first time around. Could have been he was stuck operating out of a real base controlled by the Army and Air Force instead of an outpost. He hated coming in from long patrols to see people organizing block parties and movie nights. Also could have been frustration with the operational command. Look forward to hearing what they were allowed to do. Hate to hear that a third tour might be on the horizon with little prospect of improving the situation.

Hate to hear it as well. Just to add, I have to guess that you also hear stories about what actually goes on, and is never covered in the MSM. Stuff our govt doesn't want the public to know, but ...well, I just wish all the effort that our men and women spent, all that time away from home and everything... I wish the bureaucrats could wake the hell up.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

That's just BS.

Which part? Gates statements are pretty clear...not just his statements; but pretty much everyone who's been associated with this and gotten out of gov't. And it is a half measure...so not sure what the BS reference is meant to cover. You can't be saying he really cares about an outcome for the Afghan people do you? And if he truly cared for the US troops he sends there, he wouldn't leave them this exposed.

Archived