Kerryon Johnson...

Strychnine

I agree it was a steady increase...the same gains 95% of the college football players out there make. He wasn't small when he came in and I don't think he "blew up" from one season to the next. Just my opinion.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really necessary to pump these guys up?

I recall Yelden at bama who strikes me as having a similar playing style to Kerryon....and he was never ripped like the power backs and was exceedingly dangerous (other than his fumbles) out of the backfield and running too. JMO but I don't see the need to turn him into a bulldozer....and possible lose his other attributes...pass receiving, etc.

Nope.

I am going to pump you up (insert Scandanavian accent here)

better let me double check that for you.....

Nope.

My wife would be grateful.

Wait, I didn't mean... see, what I meant was... dangit.

Nope.

suup5.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Um, back to Johnson? Wait, no... okay, that's it, putting myself in timeout.

Nope.

suup5.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Um, back to Johnson? Wait, no... okay, that's it, putting myself in timeout.

awxfrc.jpg

K.J. Is an exciting back and has unlimited ability..... We have a great trio of RB'S in my estimation We just need to get Javon healthy and playing some.

It is Jovon Robinson. It would be nice if he could contribute.

K.J. Is an exciting back and has unlimited ability..... We have a great trio of RB'S in my estimation We just need to get Javon healthy and playing some.

It is Jovon Robinson. It would be nice if he could contribute.

Right -- Jovon's at Auburn University. I think Javon is at University of Auburn.

• 3 months later...

Read somewhere he had surgery and will miss most of the spring practices

What type and for what? The sooner the better. I hope that this does not turn into another injury like what Carl Lawson had and cost him a lot of time off. It would be great if we can get the information soon.

WDE

PTB? Any info? Is it anything new? We've had enough injuries the last two years that you'd think we'd stay injury-free this year.

BTW, is JR in good standing with the team? I'm a bit concerned about him having "Duke syndrome.".

Edit: PM's report makes me feel a little better, though.

I'm a big Kerryon fan....just hoping the coaches do a better job of working him into the offense or a more regular basis. JMO but the guy is too talented to be mostly used as a "special occasions" back. Maybe it was a health issue this past year....nobody said much but we need his versatility.

I'm a big Kerryon fan....just hoping the coaches do a better job of working him into the offense or a more regular basis. JMO but the guy is too talented to be mostly used as a "special occasions" back. Maybe it was a health issue this past year....nobody said much but we need his versatility.

he was used quite a bit for a true freshman.

he was used quite a bit for a true freshman.

Yup. He is going to be a star if the offense around him is competent.

If Jovon is healthy the entire year and is our feature back, I think KJ will be the perfect back to spell him.

Seems like his ability would be perfect for those Ricardo run plays from last year and on screen passes. (In addition to spelling Jovon)

If Jovon is healthy the entire year and is our feature back, I think KJ will be the perfect back to spell him.

Seems like his ability would be perfect for those Ricardo run plays from last year and on screen passes. (In addition to spelling Jovon)

Will probably run a lot of Wildcat, too.

No doubt he is special talent. Very high ceiling.

Archived