***Auburn 30 Kentucky 27 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Depth killing us on defense. DB's not turning heads and finding the ball not helping either.

Is it me, or is there some odd coincidence that as the opponent's yards needed for 3rd down conversion goes up, so do their odds of converting it on us. Geez, I'd rather see our D in a 3rd and 5 or less than face a 3rd and 8 or better. It's almost automatic.

I like what I'm seeing out of some of our young guys, specifically Kerryon, Sean, Braden Smith, Carlton Davis, Tim Irvin, etc...I still think Tre Williams will be a special player.

I know Sean is still green and locks onto his favorite WR Louis, but we have to get these other guys involved somehow. Ray, Smith and Stevens need more touches. Stevens is a good looking WR. I know he has had some injury issues, but how we haven't used him in the passing game during his time is beyond me.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to get the win but if we don't improve big time we won't make a bowl. Sorry for being a downer but that's reality, got to improve.

Kentucky was 4-1 (2-1 SEC) and only loss was to undefeated Florida. We just beat them at home. Pretty sure we're a bowl team. Could be wrong but pretty sure

a win vs Idaho gives 5 wins where is the other one coming from? We will have to upset someone who is light years better.. Anything is possible. Arkansas will whoop us.

Arky won't whoop anyone. They are slow, with a mediocre QB at best. They don't have a dominating defense either. They could still beat us though by holding the ball and grinding it out. Our defense needs to get better still. The front 7 is not good enough. Interesting to me on offense why Truitt is not getting any chances. He can fly.

On D I agree, not dominating but formidable IMO. Ive been very impressed with their DE Ledbetter, made some pretty good plays in their game against bama, and an LB I'd love to have in Brooks Ellis, guy attacks the football every snap. On O, Going against a line that big worries me with having inconsistent DL play and inconsistent LB play annnnnnnnd inconsistent DB play. Their WR group is no slouch, not as explosive as UK's group but they can still make plays. Also, there's a very big possibility we make Allen look like Joe Montana. If we we play O like we did thursday, minus the 3rd quarter, we should win this game.

With the extra practice this week hopefully there'll be another increase in improvement.... kinda of like a mini bye week....following a Thursday Night. game.

Archived