***Auburn 30 Kentucky 27 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense.

:-\/>

He made some great throws in the first half.

The issue is arm strength. Every pass he threw over 15ish yards stayed in the air too long. A good DB would've eaten up almost all of his deep passes. He is not a threat to run and can't stretch the defense vertical. If I'm a DC, I would just bring everyone into the box. In a system that requires explosive plays, I don't think white can generate them against good defenses.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus just can't help himself in the second half.....give him a bit of a lead and his play calling goes into the toilet. Lucky to hang on....and some good individual efforts by some defenders at the end of the game.

Why is the play calling and not the execution of the plays he called?

Bad D all night but once again, Muschamp gets it done when he absolutely has to. Still think game management could have been better. I don't know why but the 4th and 1 before we gave it back to UK, I wish Gus would have gone for it. I know it probably wasn't the smartest move, but I really wish Gus would have a bit of a go-get-it streak about him. Seems we get fairly defensive in late game Clutch situations a lot. What made the Tubba era so fun was that riverboat gambler mentality. Going for it on 4th and short. Lining up and saying we're gonna get a yard and we know it and even better, you know it. And since you're out of timeouts, you can't stop the clock and can't win the game. I guess Muschamp wanted that shot and told him he'd get it done, but... We were a yard away from a win and we were too scared to give it a go. I understand the risk, I really do, but I just wish we'd see some things like that from Gus. Line JJ up and tell him fall forward for a yard and win us the game. Almost a "we don't deserve to win if we can't get 1 yard" thought. He'd seen what the UK offense was doing to our D and still put it in the D's hands. I don't know how trustworthy I would have been. Just wanna see that.

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. He makes mostly good decisions, but is not going to be able to run read option and doesn't have the arm to get the ball deep. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense or the rest of the teams on our schedule (aside from Idaho) are going to eat us alive.

8b086199_2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

SW play is in the middle. He's shown more than enough to justify starting and not be questioned. He hasn't played near good enough to make statements like everything was bad about the team but him, or he's everything we need.

I saw plenty from SW that I like. Even when scrambling he was looking down field. He will continue to make freshman mistakes but the kid is good and has ice water in his veins

It's sad that we're at this point with a team like Kentucky but i'll take it b/c i liked what i saw from Sean White. Other WRs need to step up in the passing game but overall WR blocking was a lot better. I loved the play calling in the first half mixing things up but we got the brain fart Gus in the 3rd Q. Our defense sucks...we all know this so we need to score when we can and as often as we can. We can't afford to leave the game in the hands of the defense...that's just the way it is right now. Glad we got the win and showed some sort of improvements.

SW has earned the right to named our starter going forward.

Capital S in sad sir.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

I liked our first half identity. 2nd half, not so much.

First half we threw a lot on first down (especially first quarter). Then we got too conservative, I'll agree. But we won; and the defense won it at the end. That's important.

I disagree that the defense won it. Kentucky beat themselves, except on the last play.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. He makes mostly good decisions, but is not going to be able to run read option and doesn't have the arm to get the ball deep. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense or the rest of the teams on our schedule (aside from Idaho) are going to eat us alive.

HUH? So you saw no improvements? What didn't you like from White? H3ll he threw zero INTs....that alone is good for the season we've been having.

I agree. Not sure what game Scientist watched. White is wayyyyyyy better than Johnson. White needs to be officially named the starter.

The issue is arm strength. Every pass he threw over 15ish yards stayed in the air too long. A good DB would've eaten up almost all of his deep passes. He is not a threat to run and can't stretch the defense vertical. If I'm a DC, I would just bring everyone into the box. In a system that requires explosive plays, I don't think white can generate them against good defenses.

Good grief.

I wish the DCs would just bring everyone into the box. Maybe you need to rethink things.

Make sure you check with Auburnguy101 on Monday. I think his source in the AD's office will have some information you will like.

What the hell is Gus smiling about.

Not sure why the excitement. That was Kentucky. I have poured all my kool aid packets and all.

He wussed out a win against a no body.

He laid an egg in the 2nd half

He remains predictable

He continues to run same crazy plays for last three years with poor results

He still shows no guts

Say hat you want but this is not improvement. If so tell me where it gets better. Again this is Kentucky.

We can't play with big boys and we are out of contention for SEC west and a decent bowl.

Go ahead and take a sip and convince yourself playing in a laughing stock bowl has practice value. I call crap.

If pre season to know won't help us what the heck with two more weeks do! Instill more poor techniques??

Bama and UGA will embarrass us.

One of you gurus give me Gus records vs

Lsu

Bama

UGA

No.

Gus just can't help himself in the second half.....give him a bit of a lead and his play calling goes into the toilet. Lucky to hang on....and some good individual efforts by some defenders at the end of the game.

Yeah. The racing equivalent is termed "racing your mirrors".

Nice to get the win but if we don't improve big time we won't make a bowl. Sorry for being a downer but that's reality, got to improve.

In other news.....water is wet.

I liked our first half identity. 2nd half, not so much.

First half we threw a lot on first down (especially first quarter). Then we got too conservative, I'll agree. But we won; and the defense won it at the end. That's important.

I disagree that the defense won it. Kentucky beat themselves, except on the last play.

LOL. Ok.

Good win. Saw some areas where we definitely improved. Saw some areas where we haven't. Good W, on the road, against an SEC foe. I am glad to have it and our guys earned it. My blood pressure just wishes we would find a way to put the game away earlier.

And you get paid to observe stuff..... and still came up with this ?

WAR EAGLE!!! Was that Cowart that got the stop?

No Garrett.

Gotcha... Thanks. Stupid me, I was listening to the announcers and I thought I heard them say Cowart made the stop...

They said Cowart made a good play, or something like that

Cowart is 9 and he was not on the field.

That's right. It was 6 that made the play on the end to flush him. Is that Williams?

I feel like Carlton Davis may end up being the best DB we've had since Carlos Rogers. I'll be so happy when Cass and Kris are graduated.

Way better play calling

Yes, overall -- but especially first quarter. If I'm going to criticize anything about the O playcalling, I do think Gus got too conservative.

Archived