***Auburn 30 Kentucky 27 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Nice to get the win but if we don't improve big time we won't make a bowl. Sorry for being a downer but that's reality, got to improve.

Kentucky was 4-1 (2-1 SEC) and only loss was to undefeated Florida. We just beat them at home. Pretty sure we're a bowl team. Could be wrong but pretty sure

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sad that we're at this point with a team like Kentucky but i'll take it b/c i liked what i saw from Sean White. Other WRs need to step up in the passing game but overall WR blocking was a lot better. I loved the play calling in the first half mixing things up but we got the brain fart Gus in the 3rd Q. Our defense sucks...we all know this so we need to score when we can and as often as we can. We can't afford to leave the game in the hands of the defense...that's just the way it is right now. Glad we got the win and showed some sort of improvements.

SW has earned the right to named our starter going forward.

Well they kinda left the game in the hands of the defense...but I see ya point, they got to improve on 3rd down...and get off the field

Thought we should've went for it on 4th down. I just don't trust our defense in situations like this. They got it done tonight but i don't have faith that we be a re-accruing thing. I've just accepted we're not going to be good on defense and it's going to be up and down with them. That's why we need to get our offense on track b/c we're going to have to go back to outscoring people and hope the defense can get a stop here and there.

We need two more wins to be bowl eligible. Idaho is hopefully one. Where is the other?

Arkansas, would be my guess. Georgia did not look good without Chubb either.

First half offense is what we have been expecting and needing. Third quarter doldrums are tiresome but gutsy drive when we needed it in 4th. Defense is what it is and we cannot hope for better right now. Hope for a couple of key stops and a turnover or two and maybe the offense can come around enough to win a few more.

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense.

:-\/>

He made some great throws in the first half.

The issue is arm strength. Every pass he threw over 15ish yards stayed in the air too long. A good DB would've eaten up almost all of his deep passes. He is not a threat to run and can't stretch the defense vertical. If I'm a DC, I would just bring everyone into the box. In a system that requires explosive plays, I don't think white can generate them against good defenses.

And you get paid to observe stuff..... and still came up with this ?

The issue is mind strength. He can't observe stuff vertical [sic].

:poke:

Great to get the win! One game at a time. I think the tempo in the first quarter really had Kentucky back on their heels. A very nice mix of plays. I though we got too conservative in the third quarter. There also was improvement on defense to me. Overall, very pleased to have a win to build on! War Eagle!

We need two more wins to be bowl eligible. Idaho is hopefully one. Where is the other?

We are so excited the NCAA is going to allow us to count the Kentucky win twice.

Way better play calling

Yes, overall -- but especially first quarter. If I'm going to criticize anything about the O playcalling, I do think Gus got too conservative.

Yeah. Isn't that ironic.

I'm glad they took the handcuffs off White. Should help us going forward

Nice to get the win but if we don't improve big time we won't make a bowl. Sorry for being a downer but that's reality, got to improve.

Kentucky was 4-1 (2-1 SEC) and only loss was to undefeated Florida. We just beat them at home. Pretty sure we're a bowl team. Could be wrong but pretty sure

a win vs Idaho gives 5 wins where is the other one coming from? We will have to upset someone who is light years better.. Anything is possible. Arkansas will whoop us.

So glad we won. KY is a good team so we didn't beat a bad team. This was our best offensive showing of the year. 3rd quarter was scary but Sean made a couple of good throws in 3rd that didn't work out. One was a little high to Ricardo on 3rd and long that was not a great throw but should have been caught on series before that he made a great throw on a blitz where db came up and knocked ball out of receivers hands. Receiver needed to step to the ball. D kept us in game in 3rd after KY cut lead to 3 until O finally got untracked.

D till as a lot f work. Need to learn how to Blitz without advertising blitz before the snap

It's sad that we're at this point with a team like Kentucky but i'll take it b/c i liked what i saw from Sean White. Other WRs need to step up in the passing game but overall WR blocking was a lot better. I loved the play calling in the first half mixing things up but we got the brain fart Gus in the 3rd Q. Our defense sucks...we all know this so we need to score when we can and as often as we can. We can't afford to leave the game in the hands of the defense...that's just the way it is right now. Glad we got the win and showed some sort of improvements.

SW has earned the right to named our starter going forward.

Well they kinda left the game in the hands of the defense...but I see ya point, they got to improve on 3rd down...and get off the field

Thought we should've went for it on 4th down. I just don't trust our defense in situations like this. They got it done tonight but i don't have faith that we be a re-accruing thing. I've just accepted we're not going to be good on defense and it's going to be up and down with them. That's why we need to get our offense on track b/c we're going to have to go back to outscoring people and hope the defense can get a stop here and there.

I'd have gone for it on 4th there, too. But I think Gus showed confidence in Will showing confidence, and it paid off.

Bad D all night but once again, Muschamp gets it done when he absolutely has to. Still think game management could have been better. I don't know why but the 4th and 1 before we gave it back to UK, I wish Gus would have gone for it. I know it probably wasn't the smartest move, but I really wish Gus would have a bit of a go-get-it streak about him. Seems we get fairly defensive in late game Clutch situations a lot. What made the Tubba era so fun was that riverboat gambler mentality. Going for it on 4th and short. Lining up and saying we're gonna get a yard and we know it and even better, you know it. And since you're out of timeouts, you can't stop the clock and can't win the game. I guess Muschamp wanted that shot and told him he'd get it done, but... We were a yard away from a win and we were too scared to give it a go. I understand the risk, I really do, but I just wish we'd see some things like that from Gus. Line JJ up and tell him fall forward for a yard and win us the game. Almost a "we don't deserve to win if we can't get 1 yard" thought. He'd seen what the UK offense was doing to our D and still put it in the D's hands. I don't know how trustworthy I would have been. Just wanna see that.

Why do u think he was scared? Him and Will had a discussion and seems to me Will said we got this ...It worked and the defense stopped them....

It looked like Gus had Dameyune Craig near him the whole time tonight too. Don't know what that means but it was noticeable.

Learning the offense when Rhett leaves this year .... :o

It looked like Gus had Dameyune Craig near him the whole time tonight too. Don't know what that means but it was noticeable.

Learning the offense when Rhett leaves this year .... :o

^this

My observation is a very youthful team went on the road and pulled out a win - big step toward the future.

Great win on the road for us..

The team needed it..Gus needed it. Our fans needed it.

War eagle

Gus just can't help himself in the second half.....give him a bit of a lead and his play calling goes into the toilet. Lucky to hang on....and some good individual efforts by some defenders at the end of the game.

Agreed. Gus seems to get a lead and then try to figure out how to sit on it instead of dancing with the one that brung him... Seems to defend instead of keeping the pedal down.

I'm not really sure what about this scenario makes us a bowl team?

So glad we won. KY is a good team so we didn't beat a bad team. This was our best offensive showing of the year. 3rd quarter was scary but Sean made a couple of good throws in 3rd that didn't work out. One was a little high to Ricardo on 3rd and long that was not a great throw but should have been caught on series before that he made a great throw on a blitz where db came up and knocked ball out of receivers hands. Receiver needed to step to the ball. D kept us in game in 3rd after KY cut lead to 3 until O finally got untracked.

D till as a lot f work. Need to learn how to Blitz without advertising blitz before the snap

How many ranked opponents has Kentucky beaten

This was a complete team win. Special teams got us good field position, offense scored enough and the defense sealed it. This was the kind of win you can build on

Bingo! This guy gets it

Exactly!! I don't care if Gus and Chad Morris are calling plays, or if Saban and Belichik (sp?) are roaming the sidelines. If kids are not playing their assignments, blocking, catching balls when you get 2 heads on the ball, making tackles in the backfield when u can easily wrap them up instead of putting a shoulder into them, etc,...... You are going to lose. Luckily we made the plays at the right time.

Kentucky beat south carolina, Mizzou, and almost beat Florida. idiots on this board act like we just played a nobody team. No we won a game on the road against a decent SEC team. WDE

Archived