***Auburn 30 Kentucky 27 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus just can't help himself in the second half.....give him a bit of a lead and his play calling goes into the toilet. Lucky to hang on....and some good individual efforts by some defenders at the end of the game.

You would think that he would see how much better they play in the first half when he is being unpredictable. I don;t understand why with a small lead at the half his play calling goes in the toilet in the 2nd half. Keep your foot on the accelerator!!!

Way better play calling

Yes, overall -- but especially first quarter. If I'm going to criticize anything about the O playcalling, I do think Gus got too conservative.

Yeah. Isn't that ironic.

I'm glad they took the handcuffs off White. Should help us going forward

Except for the third quarter, I thought the coaches took what the defense gave them. Passes. Good win on the road. I will take it.

I feel like Carlton Davis may end up being the best DB we've had since Carlos Rogers. I'll be so happy when Cass and Kris are graduated.

I saw lot of glimpses from players that really may turn a corner. SW wasn't scared and jittery. Barber showed a little of shifting and better hb instinct. Stevens has BOUNCE. Don't know why he isn't in the game more in the red zone. Ford had two hits that were HITS. Davis is going to be something serious

A couple of observations.....

I liked the improvement on O, Gus mentally checks out thinking of Waffle House in 3rd Qtrs.

Defense is what it is. Just hope CWM really means he is in it for the long haul.

Gus didn't lose the team. In fact the team now looks like they are enjoying football again.

Kentucky beat south carolina, Mizzou, and almost beat Florida. idiots on this board act like we just played a nobody team. No we won a game on the road against a decent SEC team. WDE

Yep. If we'd played half this well against Miss State, we'd have won that one easily. Took things a while to start clicking for SW, but he's starting to get it.

We win an SEC game I'm happy

I'll gladly second that, and it was an SEC road win too!

With a Fr QB, I'm ecstatic.

It looked like Gus had Dameyune Craig near him the whole time tonight too. Don't know what that means but it was noticeable.

I kind of noticed that as well. Gus high fived him on a TD play if i recall correctly. Maybe it's been going on...idk but i did think Craig seemed to be hanging closer to Gus tonight.

I saw lot of glimpses from players that really may turn a corner. SW wasn't scared and jittery. Barber showed a little of shifting and better hb instinct. Stevens has BOUNCE. Don't know why he isn't in the game more in the red zone. Ford had two hits that were HITS. Davis is going to be something serious

Yep.

I think Carlton Davis and Tim Irvin are both going to be household names before their career is over at AU.

SW play is in the middle. He's shown more than enough to justify starting and not be questioned. He hasn't played near good enough to make statements like everything was bad about the team but him, or he's everything we need.

Indeed, he has not.

Feels a lot like 2009. Nothing more or less. SW is better than Chris Todd. Defenses are eerily similar. At least we beat UK this time around. Can't wait until we sign Cam in the winter and win the NC. War Eagle.

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. He makes mostly good decisions, but is not going to be able to run read option and doesn't have the arm to get the ball deep. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense or the rest of the teams on our schedule (aside from Idaho) are going to eat us alive.

War Corgi knows a bammer when she smells one!

White is 2-1 as the starting QB. Was he flawless? Absolutely not. But he made some big plays and never seemed to get rattled. On defense it is what is and unfortunately what it is is bad.

Great to get the win! One game at a time. I think the tempo in the first quarter really had Kentucky back on their heels. A very nice mix of plays. I though we got too conservative in the third quarter. There also was improvement on defense to me. Overall, very pleased to have a win to build on! War Eagle!

yep

Their QB is really good. He was throwing it on the money. That was an amazing job by Jones on the breakup down the sideline near the end. I had a strange feeling they were going to try a Les Miles on that play. QB tipped it off before quick snap. Then the receiver still almost caught it. Way to go for Jones to fight the whole way through the almost catch. Also a shout out to Tony Stevens on a wonderful catch in end zone. The arm was not very much from hitting after toe. Great effort by TS.

I think Carlton Davis and Tim Irvin are both going to be household names before their career is over at AU.

Just think of how much better they'll be when they get a pass rush as well

It looked like Gus had Dameyune Craig near him the whole time tonight too. Don't know what that means but it was noticeable.

I kind of noticed that as well. Gus high fived him on a TD play if i recall correctly. Maybe it's been going on...idk but i did think Craig seemed to be hanging closer to Gus tonight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Craig always had co-offensive coordinator status?

WAR EAGLE!!! Was that Cowart that got the stop?

No Garrett.

Gotcha... Thanks. Stupid me, I was listening to the announcers and I thought I heard them say Cowart made the stop...

They said Cowart made a good play, or something like that

Cowart is 9 and he was not on the field.

That's right. It was 6 that made the play on the end to flush him. Is that Williams?

6 is Lambert

Archived