Auburn vs Arkansas score predictions

AUwent

I really just don't see what yall are seeing. Defense comes to play better than yall think. Offense makes another strde this week. Early start time be damned.

Auburn 34 Arky 17

Don't think their offense is any better than Mississippi State's. They lost to Toledo. I understand those picking a loss but a big loss is not going to happen.

This is going to sound like I'm making excuses, but that Toledo loss was pretty much a fluke. We gained 500+ yards but only scored 10 points. First time that has happened in college football in 10 years.

I think our schedule so far has been harder than we anticipated. Toledo is ranked and undefeated and Texas Tech is receiving votes and has only lost to two top 5 teams with one of them being at the last second. We should have beaten Texas A&M and led Alabama for 3 quarters. Like last year though we're in pretty much every game but rarely find a way to actually win them.

There was a point a few weeks ago where Alex Collins was 8th in the country in rushing and Brandon Allen was 18th in passing and yet our scoring offense was in the bottom half of the country...go figure

Sounds like Auburn Football- gain GOBS of yards- run on defense for DAYS...... Score 12 points.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arky is best at running the ball. We are bad, very bad, against the run. I'm going to the game and hope we win, but when I look out my window I don't see unicorns.

Arky: 38

Auburn: 24

no we're not. We're bad at secondary coverage. We've been okay against the run when we know it's coming.

No one told our guys to look for Leonard Fournette to get the ball?

Arkansas 20 Auburn 14 Too much physicality up front for Auburn to handle on both sides of the ball.......IN THE RAIN

I really just don't see what yall are seeing. Defense comes to play better than yall think. Offense makes another strde this week. Early start time be damned.

Auburn 34 Arky 17

Don't think their offense is any better than Mississippi State's. They lost to Toledo. I understand those picking a loss but a big loss is not going to happen.

This is going to sound like I'm making excuses, but that Toledo loss was pretty much a fluke. We gained 500+ yards but only scored 10 points. First time that has happened in college football in 10 years.

I think our schedule so far has been harder than we anticipated. Toledo is ranked and undefeated and Texas Tech is receiving votes and has only lost to two top 5 teams with one of them being at the last second. We should have beaten Texas A&M and led Alabama for 3 quarters. Like last year though we're in pretty much every game but rarely find a way to actually win them.

There was a point a few weeks ago where Alex Collins was 8th in the country in rushing and Brandon Allen was 18th in passing and yet our scoring offense was in the bottom half of the country...go figure

Honestly I think the nail in your coffin, and if you are like most hog fans, you agree with me, is your coach. He gets so unfocused for whatever reason and does the dumbest things. I think his manufactured hatred for Malzhan is the main reason why we have soundly beaten you every time we've played since he started coaching. He gets so focused on useless things and making a public display of himself that he doesn't have the team or a solid game plan ready. I hope this is the year you can send him packing so you can get a better coach and class up the SEC a little in the process.

Arky is best at running the ball. We are bad, very bad, against the run. I'm going to the game and hope we win, but when I look out my window I don't see unicorns.

Arky: 38

Auburn: 24

no we're not. We're bad at secondary coverage. We've been okay against the run when we know it's coming.

No one told our guys to look for Leonard Fournette to get the ball?

Everyone knows that Leonard Fournette is getting the ball... no one has been able to stop him so far.

Auburn 34 Arky 17

Honestly I think the nail in your coffin, and if you are like most hog fans, you agree with me, is your coach. He gets so unfocused for whatever reason and does the dumbest things. I think his manufactured hatred for Malzhan is the main reason why we have soundly beaten you every time we've played since he started coaching. He gets so focused on useless things and making a public display of himself that he doesn't have the team or a solid game plan ready. I hope this is the year you can send him packing so you can get a better coach and class up the SEC a little in the process.

Yeah the fanbase really turned on him after that Toledo loss. But losing your top 3 WRs and best RB to injury after losing your 4 best defensive players to the draft will hurt a lot of teams. I think we underestimated the effect that Trey Flowers and Darius Philon had on the DL (thank you state of Alabama). Our game against Alabama was the first one where they've had any semblance of a pass rush. Next year we return 95% of the defense but could lose a TON of offense depending on who leaves early. Bielema's job could land squarely on Ricky Town or whoever the new QB is and how they do.

I watched Sean White when he was playing in the same high school all-american game as one of our QBs back a few years ago. I believe he was the MVP. Not surprised he's starting to come around but based on last year maybe it's a good thing we aren't facing Jeremy Johnson again :laugh:

Yeah the fanbase really turned on him after that Toledo loss.

That's going to be interesting to see, because when we were there 2 years ago, it really seemed like the fans had already turned on him. This "really" turned him must be a site to see :)/>.

We definitely feel you on the loss of players thing, but I think Georgia has us both beat on that front, considering they keep losing all world running backs.

We return 95% of D? We lose Holsey, Countess, Jones, Frost, McKinzy, Garret, Lambert, and who knows yet about Lawson and Adams?

Pardon me, I thought you were an Auburn fan for a second. My apologies.

Wish I felt as good about this game as some others on here. I actually feel like we have a better shot with Ole Miss and A&M. Piggies run all over us, hit some big play action on us deep and its...

Arky 42

Aub 21

AU 35

Arky 24

I see this game going similar to the Texas Tech Arky game, with our defense giving up lots of yards but making stops when they have to. If SW keeps progressing like he has been the past few games I see him being able to put up big numbers. However depends on rain forecast and how field conditions are, which can always screw up a game plan.

AU 35

Arky 24

I see this game going similar to the Texas Tech Arky game, with our defense giving up lots of yards but making stops when they have to. If SW keeps progressing like he has been the past few games I see him being able to put up big numbers. However depends on rain forecast and how field conditions are, which can always screw up a game plan.

Pretty sure there was like an 80% chance of rain last I checked. An 11 AM game in the rain likely wouldn't be much of a home field advantage for us.

AU 35

Arky 24

Pretty sure there was like an 80% chance of rain last I checked. An 11 AM game in the rain likely wouldn't be much of a home field advantage for us.

11am start is usually not good for any home team but I think the rain helps you guys. Your ground game should be effective in the rain and make it even harder for our guys to tackle which is hard enough for our defense without rain.

AU 35

Arky 24

Of course, as you and I both know, as mid-westerners, a rain prediction on Monday doesn't mean a thing. It's when it's still there on Thursday that you take notice.

We return 95% of D? We lose Holsey, Countess, Jones, Frost, McKinzy, Garret, Lambert, and who knows yet about Lawson and Adams?

Pardon me, I thought you were an Auburn fan for a second. My apologies.

OurLads.com shows that of the current depth chart, we return 6 starters on D next year (and that's assuming MA bolts).

I didn't realize Holsey ever started this year. The rest of the list I'll give you. Let's assume all Juniors return, Auburn would have Adams, Swain, Lawrence, Russell, Kennion, Cowart, and Holland returning from the DL rotation (aka, 7 of the 8 guys in the regular rotation) plus Lawson who hasn't been in the rotation in two years. Auburn would have Williams, Mitchell, and Toney from the LB rotation (losing Garrett, McKinzy, and Frost). Auburn would have Matthews, Ford, Ruffin, C Davis, TJ Davis, Irvin, and Dinson from the DB rotations (losing Countess and Jones). That's a pretty substantial amount of the regulars returning.

Looks like there is a chance the rain could be done early in the day. Field will definitely be soaked though. Sloppy conditions usually mean the better running team wins. And I haven't been super impressed with our running game this year. But hopefully AU goes crazy and none of that matters. 27 - 24 AU

Auburn 34 Arky 17

how's arky pass game, hog fan? It seems alot like last year. It won't win a game, but good enough to keep you in it. I've only seen a little of your team though.

AU 31 Ark 28. Sean lights up the Ark pass D for 350 yards, we hold the Ark run game just enough but still give up 200+ yards rushing. Our special teams make the difference.

Auburn 34 Arky 17

how's arky pass game, hog fan? It seems alot like last year. It won't win a game, but good enough to keep you in it. I've only seen a little of your team though.

You're pretty much right. It might surprise people to know that we're actually 4th in the SEC in passing. The trend this year has been Brandon Allen playing extremely well for 3 1/2 quarters and then crumbling when we have to have a score in the 4th quarter and we end up losing and he gets the blame, fair or not. Our top 3 WRs are out so we've been having to rely on the TEs more.

Low scoring game. Arky will be better on defense than most of the teams we have previously faced and will the toughest defense White will have seen. On the flip side Brandon Allen is an awful quarterback. I expect to see both make mistakes. It's a 3-4 point game with the winner putting up 20ish. I think our defense can defend what they do well. 17-14 or 21-17 good guys.

Aub 3

Ark 2

:-\ numnuts that's just plain dumb. Who in their right mind would predict such a score................

Says the guy with the picture of Oddball!!

I was catching some rays, and drinking some vino and it just came to me ok man.

Archived