Heisman race is now opened up.

aujeff11

I doubt he does well against Bama but I doubt that will matter. I think Fournette has separated himself from Boykin and the Stanford RB, so, barring any injuries, Fournette can afford to have one subpar day. Think us containing Ingram the year he won the Heisman. Any other candidates that are emerging or you think will emerge?

Oh, and I forgive Fournette for doing the heisman pose after he scored his first TD last year as a true freshman.

11-8-15 update, as mentioned earlier, I had doubts that Fournette would do well against Bama. He had roughly 30 yards rushing and was a non factor against Bama's senior heavy DL and talented linebackers. However, because Henry has inserted himself into the heisman race with his dominating performances lately, including last nights head to head matchup, I think Fournette has lost more ground than I thought he would have. Frick if Henry wins.

I doubt he does well against Bama but I doubt that will matter. I think Fournette has separated himself from Boykin and the Stanford RB, so, barring any injuries, Fournette can afford to have one subpar day. Think us containing Ingram the year he won the Heisman. Any other candidates that are emerging or you think will emerge?

Oh, and I forgive Fournette for doing the heisman pose after he scored his first TD last year as a true freshman.

I think he's got it at his current pace. Unstoppable.

If he breaks 100 against Alabama the Heisman race will end that night.

I think voters will cut him some slack against bama but he still needs at least 100 there....otherwise there are 14 undefeated reams right now and if a couple of them make it through the entire season to the playoffs with no losses, I think voters will be looking at the players that got them through the season undefeated.

Unfortunately I think many voters tend to consider NFL potential too and not just what the player did in the college season. That would likely favor Fournette if the leaders on the undefeated teams don't seem to be NFL type players.

Summary: I think it's still an open question.

If he breaks 100 against Alabama the Heisman race will end that night.

I think voters will cut him some slack against bama but he still needs at least 100 there....otherwise there are 14 undefeated reams right now and if a couple of them make it through the entire season to the playoffs with no losses, I think voters will be looking at the players that got them through the season undefeated.

Unfortunately I think many voters tend to consider NFL potential too and not just what the player did in the college season. That would likely favor Fournette if the leaders on the undefeated teams don't seem to be NFL type players.

Summary: I think it's still an open question.

Makes sense. The one player that could take it from him right now is Corey Coleman, the WR at Baylor.

if i had fournette i would probably run him too much and get him hurt. les is trying not to but probably will anyway. he is a horse.

Hate to say it but if bama keeps winning that way, Henry may get an invite.

Ohio state's Ezekiel may get one as well to go with Boykin of TCU. Fournette..it's his to lose though.

He will probably get an invite to New York no matter what. That guy is unreal. Unfortunately I don't think that he will have too much success against spuat's defense which is geared exclusively to stop players like him. They are far and away the best defense he and LSU will face in the regular season if not for all of 2015.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like the Stanford kid to be a serious contender. He averages close to 245 all purpose yards a game and is wickedly fast. Fun to watch.

To be perfectly honest...Fournette still has the better stats. He's had one bad game against us, Henry had one against LaMonroe of all teams.

I wonder how much the cancelled LSU game will affect Fournette. That could have been another 200+ yarder.

Anybody but Henry...please!

^^ This, but I'm afraid after last night he's catapulted into one of the top two.

I'm definitely rooting against him for the rest of the year. They can't get two heismans! The first one didn't even deserve it.

Still depends on what some of the Big Twelve guys do....they rack up some impressive stats that can't be overlooked.

Bammers think that because Fournette had a subpar game against one the best, if not the best, rushing defenses in the country that he is out of the Heisman Race. In 2009, Mark ingram had five games under 100 yards, three of those games under 60 yards, FIU, Arkansas and only 30 yards against an average at best Auburn defense. He won the Heisman. IMO, Fournette is still the leader.

went and looked up the game logs for Fournette. And i'm by no means taking anything away from him because he's a great college RB. But that LSU schedule thus far before the Bammer game is toilet paper soft other than Florida. Even still, he has some impressive numbers

I don't think the media should write off Fournette. I seem to remember an eventual Heisman winner that was held to less than 40 yards on the next to last game of season.

Media likes to jump on the bandwagon...when the dust settled it was Henry so there's the latest flavor of the week. If Henry falters a few games this will go away.

Its so obvious though that he's NOT the best player in the country. You could drive a truck threw some of the holes he gets, and he's big to tackle once he gets moving. He'll get an invite probably regardless because the Heisman has turned into a popularity contest

Archived