Yet another double standard from the MSM

AURaptor

Back in the 12 election, when Romney in a private meeting mentioned that 47% of Americans would not likely vote for a Republican, he got killed in the media. However, when Hillary stated that "Republicans" are her worst enemy, why didn't she get the same treatment as Romney?

Almost half the country vote Republican, so when Hillary attacks Republicans she is really attacking half of America. And also, look at all the other "enemies" that the left have. The NRA? Pharmaceuticals? The coal industry? These are all American companies and individuals living their lives and not trying to attack or hurt anyone.

ISIS, militant Islam, on the other hand , has actually shouted it wants to kill Americans. Where are the Democrats on that issue?

Ever buddy whose informed nose that there main stream meteor is owned by the librul elitests. They is a big part of the liberul conspiracy that is gonna destroy America. Wake up America! Them liberuls is comunist infield traders.

Perhaps, in the environment of an election, there is a difference between writing off nearly half of Americans based on their economic condition, as opposed to, writing them off due to their political ideology?

The enemy of big government is the enemy of the democrat party...

Producers of goods and services which these very people use , every day, apparently are the enemies of the Dem party.

And note that Hillary didn't even go so far as to say 'some' Republicans, or the GOP leadership. She painted with as broad a brush as she could, and included ALL Republicans.

So much for tolerance, loving thy neighbor or trying to be all inclusive. The Dems are just full of hate.

Who is the enemy of big government?

Our founding fathers, and those who love freedom.

Neither of which you care to associate with, it seems.

Which ones? They were not a group of single minded individuals. Should I endorse the Federalists or the Democrats? Should I support their words or their actions?

Oh wait, I get it. That was just stupid, rhetorical BS meant to insinuate that I am less than patriotic. Very good. Please, continue with your mindless, rhetorical, drivel.

It's cute seeing you try to discuss about things which you are with out a clue.

Or, watching you deflect and, not discuss at all.

Actually, the issue isn't what the Founders thought of big govt, but that Hillary sees nearly 1/2 of all Americans as her 'enemy'.

You've run from that issue faster than a scalded dog.

A bit off topic - but didnt big pharm get a pretty sweet deal with the ACA? Something about patents being extended?

Actually, the issue isn't what the Founders thought of big govt, but that Hillary sees nearly 1/2 of all Americans as her 'enemy'.

That is not true. You are lying, as is the norm.

"Perhaps, in the environment of an election, there is a difference between writing off nearly half of Americans based on their economic condition, as opposed to, writing them off due to their political ideology?"

Do you care to address this?

Alexander Hamilton was an enemy of big government?

A bit off topic - but didnt big pharm get a pretty sweet deal with the ACA? Something about patents being extended?

I have not heard that. I know they got a sweetheart deal with Medicare Part D.

That is not true. You are lying, as is the norm.

"Perhaps, in the environment of an election, there is a difference between writing off nearly half of Americans based on their economic condition, as opposed to, writing them off due to their political ideology?"

Do you care to address this?

I'm not lying, as i didn't see it. I have you on ignore, and have to manually click to see your post. But your quote is a difference w/ out a distinction. Romney never called the 47 % his 'enemy'. And it was in a closed, private meeting, not coverd by the media. He was talking strategy, not vilifying half the population. BIG difference.

Not as much, but if you read the Federalist papers, you can see that a vast majority of thought at that time was for smaller, limited govt. Probably too much so, at first, as the Articles of Confederation was too weak to get the job done, so our second form of govt, w/ the current Constitution, was formed.

Perhaps disingenuously invoking the past is much easier than earnestly and honestly discussing the present?

Not as much, but if you read the Federalist papers, you can see that a vast majority of thought at that time was for smaller, limited govt. Probably too much so, at first, as the Articles of Confederation was too weak to get the job done, so our second form of govt, w/ the current Constitution, was formed.

That is not true. Jefferson's faction wanted a smaller, frugal government but neither Jefferson, nor Patrick Henry, nor any of the anti-federalists wrote the Federalist Papers. Between Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay though, there was a longing for energy in government to work rhythmically with stability and with liberty for the people. You have to remember that Hamilton initially proposed a plan that pushed for a more unitarian form of government, and later, he pushed and created a federal bank. Those two ideas itself tell me he is for big government.

If anything, your views are in line with the antifederalist papers.

The Founders had just left an authoritative govt. They didn't want to plant the seeds of another one.

That is not true. Jefferson's faction wanted a smaller, frugal government but neither Jefferson, nor Patrick Henry, nor any of the anti-federalists wrote the Federalist Papers. Between Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Jay though, there was a longing for energy in government to work rhythmically with stability and with liberty for the people. You have to remember that Hamilton initially proposed a plan that pushed for a more unitarian form of government, and later, he pushed and created a federal bank. Those two ideas itself tell me he is for big government.

Well done, sir.

Jefferson's presidency is a study in itself of big government rhetoric. Despite his stated beliefs, he was a big government president. When his actions promoted the general welfare, they were typically good. When his actions were heavy handed, the results were typically not good. I do not think of Jefferson as I hypocrite. I believe he realized that the power of the government held not only the potential for tyranny but also, the potential to influence progress both socially and economically. I believe Jefferson ultimately believed in democracy and, a government "of, by, and for the people".

I have never found what I would call a definitive book about Jefferson. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Well done, sir.

Actually, poorly done. The Federalist Papers , as they later became known as, were meant to promote passage of the US Constitution, in place of the Articles of Confederation.

They were not a whole sale show of support for an ever growing, intrusive and over powering central govt.

Well done, sir.

Actually, poorly done. The Federalist Papers , as they later became known as, were meant to promote passage of the US Constitution, in place of the Articles of Confederation.

They were not a whole sale show of support for an ever growing, intrusive and over powering central govt.

Don't twist my words. Read the federalist paper 23 if you want to think they were for limited government. Hamilton said that the government should have the authority to pass and regulate any law that pertains to the safety of its union. Read that paper (if you can) and I'll school you some more once you are done.

No, my Aubrun edumication didn't larn me to very well reed things.

Seriously, you think you can school me or anyone on this matter ? Cherry pick one paper, and ignore the rest , because you think it speaks for the whole lot, as you ignore the over all intent of WHY they were written ?

Hamilton also argued against the need for a Bill of Rights.

Think of the context in which these papers were written, having just fought a revolution and trying to set up / maintain a fledgling new country.

Or are you just so hell bent on 'schooling' anyone over an internet message board as to not even care ?

Archived