Adams, Lawson, Coleman / NFL Next Year?

AuburnNTexas

Prior to the season there was a lot of talk about these three going Pro after this season. The assumption was Lawson and Adams would have breakout years partly because with both on the field at same time teams could not double team both and partly because they could feed off of each other. With Lawson being hurt that has not panned out. Many were also hoping that Coleman would have learned from last year ala Robinson and also have a breakout year.

Which if any do you think will go pro, what % chance and why?

Coleman 60% - Solid tackle and he is getting older can't wait much longer.

Adams 50% - Great size has looked great when not double teamed. If he stays chance of great year and improved draft position.

Lawson 30% - Great measurable - durability issues

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams is the highest. Coleman and Lawson both are below 30%.

I think Coleman has been above average on the field but he hasn't been anything special in my opinion.

Lawson....I don't see it happening.

With the exception of perhaps some seniors, like Ricardo Louis,Blake Countess, and maybe Cassinova McKenzie, I do not see many NFL underclassmen from this team going to the NFL.

Of course that could change, depending upon the rest of the year.

Adams and Coleman both will go. Adams probably because staying does not improve draft status very much. Coleman because he is older and needs to get on with a pro career.

Lawson not so much. At best one half of playing football over 2 years is not a very good resume. He has much potential and upside by staying

Adams and Coleman both will go. Adams probably because staying does not improve draft status very much. Coleman because he is older and needs to get on with a pro career.

Lawson not so much. At best one half of playing football over 2 years is not a very good resume. He has much potential and upside by staying

The problem is .....none of them are likely to get drafted ....so what's the point to give up a year of college and an opportunity to improve their skill. Likely to be another Patrick Miller.....hoping to catch on with someone after not being drafted.

Adams and Coleman both will go. Adams

probably because staying does not improve draft status very much. Coleman because he is older and needs to get on with a pro career.

The problem is .....none of them are likely to get drafted ....so what's the point to give up a year

of college and an opportunity to improve their skill. Likely to be another Patrick Miller.....hoping to catch on with someone after not being

drafted.

I believe Adams and Coleman will be drafted on measurables alone. Patrick Miller was undersized at at around 280 and had never shown to put on the additional lbs.

Adams and Lawson gone (they'll both get drafted easily). Guess Coleman could go? Must be nice to be a 6'7" 315 left tackle. You can be mediocre at what you do and you still have a shot at making millions. I want to be a left tackle in my next life.

Why worry about this now? I would love to see each player coming along to the point to where it would be realistic to where they could be drafted in the first 7 rounds. Let's worry about winning Saturday and let the rest take care of itself.

I don't know how Lawson could go. If he leaves after 1 game in 2 injury riddled years = undrafted free agent. He stays has a healthy beast year he is capable of = top 10 pick. Seems like a no brainer.

They need to play through the season to know really. Also depends on the numbers they can put up. If they're all the athletes we've heard they were I think they all go

Lawson has to make his mind up if he wants to stay and risk yet another injury, or bolt and be a late rounder/possible undrafted FA. He doesn't have the playing time to get a stellar draft grade.

I hope he stays of course. He's got tremendous potential and was fast becoming a needed leader on D, even as a true Freshman.

Avery Young is the most likely to go pro and he would get a good draft grade so I would bet he is gone. Monty might go out of frustration but he really needs another year, hopefully with better coaching. Shon is not ready at all. Carl is going to have to get a good year on the books if he wants to be a first rounder and rake in the guaranteed money. He would be undrafted now because they would be scared of all the injuries regardless of his measurables.

Of course, winning makes everyone look better and we need to do a lot of that the second half of the season and let the other chips fall where they may.

Avery Young is the most likely to go pro and he would get a good draft grade so I would bet he is gone. Monty might go out of frustration but he really needs another year, hopefully with better coaching. Shon is not ready at all. Carl is going to have to get a good year on the books if he wants to be a first rounder and rake in the guaranteed money. He would be undrafted now because they would be scared of all the injuries regardless of his measurables.

Of course, winning makes everyone look better and we need to do a lot of that the second half of the season and let the other chips fall where they may.

Avery Young is a Senior so he is gone regardless of draft grade.

Even though Young started as a true freshman, he only played in 3 games before injury and did not play the rest of the season, so he was eligible to redshirt that year.

IMO...

...Adams is gone. Not surprisingly, he doesn't get nearly enough respect from Auburn fans.

Neither Young nor Coleman are particularly great tackles right now, but they might improve and/or get good draft evals based on metrics. Hard to tell. Good OLs tend to have longer careers, so I don't see Coleman's age overriding a really low draft eval.

I would say Lawson's chances might depend somewhat on what kind of DE/LB draft class we're looking at. If it's deep, his chances might not be great.

Even though Young started as a true freshman, he only played in 3 games before injury and did not play the rest of the season, so he was eligible to redshirt that year.

Well awesome. I remember he applied last year for his draft grade so I assumed he was a junior then.

IMO...

...Adams is gone. Not surprisingly, he doesn't get nearly enough respect from Auburn fans.

Neither Young nor Coleman are particularly great tackles right now, but they might improve and/or get good draft evals based on metrics. Hard to tell. Good OLs tend to have longer careers, so I don't see Coleman's age overriding a really low draft eval.

I would say Lawson's chances might depend somewhat on what kind of DE/LB draft class we're looking at. If it's deep, his chances might not be great.

If Lawson has some freakish type numbers especially with speed and agility...peace. Only chance I think we have is pro teams will probably want to see if he could play a little rush end linebacker and that's what this year was pretty much going to show and how well would he handle being the guy everybody focused on so those questions may get him back for one more year.

I fully expect Monty to go and be drafted. No other underclassmen will go though IMO.

This^^^....absolutely the best player on defense and no reason at all to come back.

If Lawson goes ..no way he gets drafted.

Archived