Adams, Lawson, Coleman / NFL Next Year?

AuburnNTexas

I'd suspect Coleman to go if anyone; think Monty, we get for one more year. He's been good but not dominant because he's being double teamed all the time. He eats Lawson back, he'll wreak havoc/ improve draft stock

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on Adams being under appreciated. People just don't appreciate that he gets doubled team every single play and how hard it is to make plays when that is occurring. If people think our DL is bad now what and see what happens if Adams isn't out there vs. arky. They will run all day long.

I think we all realize how much Adams meant to our DL. We just never really built around him and Lawson unfortunately. What a waste.

Did we miss out more on talent recognition, acquisition or development? I don't know the answer.

Well, we have never really had a chance to see what Adams and Lawson could do together. Freshman year they were both learning the ropes. Lawson has yet to even play 3 full quarters as a starter.

I think we all realize how much Adams meant to our DL.

Some of us do. Many, many of us don't.

We just never really built around him and Lawson unfortunately.

Can't exactly build around a guy who's not on the field.

We had Elijah Daniel. Obviously didn't work out. We have Cowart. He's coming along. Lambert is coming along. Russell, Williams and Lawrence... moments? They've had moments? Gimel President... um... did I mention Cowart?

Adams could always come back but who knows if the DL will improve (it'd be safe to say it would but we said that this year). 50/50 chance.

It doesn't really matter for Coleman honestly. Dude hit his ceiling pretty much. Might as well stay and enjoy college.

Lawson has no real option. Doubt he makes a significant enough impact in whatever little amount of games he plays (if any) to get drafted.

Well, we have never really had a chance to see what Adams and Lawson could do together. Freshman year they were both learning the ropes. Lawson has yet to even play 3 full quarters as a starter.

Well, there was that one quarter against Louisville...

No to all the above. Unless we start going on a tear through the SEC leaving our opponents as broken shells of their former selves.

I fully expect Monty to go and be drafted. No other underclassmen will go though IMO.

He could, but will be a late rounder. If Lawson was playing this year, then probably both would go.

Monty is the best player we have on defense, but with the double teams he endures, his stats are not there to make him a top rounder, which is where he should be.

Lawson is definitely going

Did you talk to him or someone close to him or another source? I just don't see it. We all think he could be great but he has not really had the chance to show it on the field.

FWIW, Cole Cubelic tweeted that he's hearing late 2nd-early 3rd for Lawson, unless he gets a bad physical. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he chose to go based on that kind of eval, but my goodness, that would hurt. That would hurt down deep. That would cause me to start investigating forgotten Indian burial grounds in Lee County.

I think many here are misunderstanding how NFL teams evaluate potential draft picks. Do gaudy stats get their attention? Sure, but its more about measurables. I think these guys are smart enough to see that Monty has played on a less-than-stellar defensive line and has received more than his fair share of attention from offensive linemen. Carl has all the potential in the world and plays a position that's at a premium. Is he going to have more medical evaluations than he ever thought possible? Absolutely. Will his injuries negatively affect his draft stock? Absolutely. Will he still get drafted? Absolutely.

I think many here are misunderstanding how NFL teams evaluate potential draft picks. Do gaudy stats get their attention? Sure, but its more about measurables. I think these guys are smart enough to see that Monty has played on a less-than-stellar defensive line and has received more than his fair share of attention from offensive linemen. Carl has all the potential in the world and plays a position that's at a premium. Is he going to have more medical evaluations than he ever thought possible? Absolutely. Will his injuries negatively affect his draft stock? Absolutely. Will he still get drafted? Absolutely.

Nobody is saying he won't get drafted. Late second to early third is quite surprising though considering he still hasn't shown he can play a season after first big injury.

Late second is getting to a point of having moderate risk and high reward given his injury history.

People who are involved in evaluations and gauging NFL teams interest say that Lawson is a 2nd-3rd rounder which there's no reason he suits up for Auburn again if that's true.

I would expect with no more plays this year, Lawson would be around 3rd or 4th round pick. If he gets back in for a couple games and looks even close to what he did against Louisville, he may end up in the early 2cnd round. A guy with his injury luck would be insane to not get that money while he can versus risking another college injury with zero money. He can always come back and get his degree. He only has 1 or 2 shots ever at the NFL. I say he's gone regardless.

EDIT:

Cue the guy from last year that yelled at everyone on here about trying to convince our players to leave early and how we are despicable people for doing so...blah blah blah...I'm sure he'll start this again soon. I think its been 2 years in a row he's done this,...what would it be without a third?

Going into the year, I was worried that we could potentially lose the following...

Montravius Adams

Carl Lawson

Avery Young

Shon Coleman

Jeremy Johnson

Jovon Robinson

Trey Matthews

I don't think any of these guys are ready to go Pro. I think Avery Young will go just because he almost went last year. Montravius & Lawson could potentially go, but I hope that Muschamp sells them on staying and being 1st rounders next year.

Nobody is saying he won't get drafted. Late second to early third is quite surprising though considering he still hasn't shown he can play a season after first big injury.

Late second is getting to a point of having moderate risk and high reward given his injury history.

I just scrolled back ONE page in the thread and saw three comments doubting Lawson's chances( one flat out saying "no way he gets drafted). Another said we get Monty for another year due to all the double teams. You can't make this stuff up.

People who are involved in evaluations and gauging NFL teams interest say that Lawson is a 2nd-3rd rounder which there's no reason he suits up for Auburn again if that's true.

Agreed. I think Lawson should go if he receives that grade.

Every Auburn Defensive linemen looked like world beaters against Louisville so the fact that Carl looked so good while he played will be weighed against that. He didn't start his first year and made no impact till half way through the season when he was getting single teamed because Dee Ford was on the other side. I fully believe he will be a world beater but if he doesn't play again this year and show out against real competition at the outside the best he would do is 4th round.

I just scrolled back ONE page in the thread and saw three comments doubting Lawson's chances( one flat out saying "no way he gets drafted). Another said we get Monty for another year due to all the double teams. You can't make this stuff up.

Well then I was wrong. But even Lattimore got drafted after concussions and 2 major injuries and he is a rb with a short shelve life already so it should be known that Lawson will get drafted off of intangibles alone.

Well then I was wrong. But even Lawson will get drafted off of intangibles alone.

My point exactly. He'd be crazy to come back next year and risk some sort of career ending injury if an NFL team is willing to pay him.

Archived