Adams, Lawson, Coleman / NFL Next Year?

AuburnNTexas

I felt like Coates slipped pretty far to the 4th rd. It seemed like people thought he would go higher?

He went in the third and I doubt you'd see anymore than two of that many that were just as big of names or just killed the combine

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawson had a 2nd or 3rd round grade, NFL teams will take the chance on talent, they will put the injuries into bad luck rather than say injury prone. Reward over risk when the talent level and character is high, see Todd Gurley. Coleman and Adams would absolutely be drafted....see Wright and Blackson as examples.

too bad Jeremy Johnson didn't get hurt. He could have been a number 1 overall pick based on talent,hype and character level.

Or he could have been like Matt leinart Sam Bradford and the countless others that looked good in college but sucks...

Or he could have been like Matt leinart Sam Bradford and the countless others that looked good in college but sucks...

that would have been nice.

Lawson had a 2nd or 3rd round grade, NFL teams will take the chance on talent, they will put the injuries into bad luck rather than say injury prone. Reward over risk when the talent level and character is high, see Todd Gurley. Coleman and Adams would absolutely be drafted....see Wright and Blackson as examples.

too bad Jeremy Johnson didn't get hurt. He could have been a number 1 overall pick based on talent,hype and character level.

As could about 20 other guys going into the season, but as I am sure u know, a full season as a QB is needed to get that opportunity of being the #1 pick not a half a game against Arkansas.

Don't think there were more than two wr who went in front of him that didn't also test out amazingly. But my point is when he declared a VERY large group posted he shouldn't have and we either wouldn't be drafted or drafted very late

Nobody on here knows a thing about the NFL or how they evaluate talent.

I do know a few facts to ponder though.

#1 The trend the past few years has been that only 20 to 25 defensive ends get drafted per year. So the question is, does Lawson beat out 25 other potential defensive ends?

Here are few that I DO KNOW "should" and most likely will get drafted before any NFL team takes a chance with Lawson.

#1 Carl Nassib

#2 Emmanuel Ogbah

#3 Shilique Calhoun

#4 DeForest Buckner

#5 Jonathan Allen

#6 Shaq Lawson

#7 Robert Nkemdiche

#8 Jonathan Bullard

#9 Bronson Kaufusi

#10 Daeshon Hall

#11 Sheldon Day

#12 Darius English

#13 Yannick Ngakoue

#14 Theiren Cockran

#15 Charles Tapper

Then you can dig and find players that don't have the "tangibles" but are producing in games like Quinton Bradley (who we will face this year when we play Idaho), Nick Mangieri, Kyle Kragen, Ron Thompson(looked good against LSU), Dale Pierson, and then the FCS players that are hard to keep up with like Jonathan Woodard and LaMichael Fanning(plays for JSU and had 2 solo tackles against Auburn).

I may not know much about how the NFL evaluates talent but side by side added with game film and I can't even see Lawson getting drafted ahead of Jimmy Bean or Terence Waugh.

Carry on

Adams is the highest. Coleman and Lawson both are below 30%.

I think Coleman has been above average on the field but he hasn't been anything special in my opinion.

Lawson....I don't see it happening.

Yep.

Adams is the highest. Coleman and Lawson both are below 30%.

I think Coleman has been above average on the field but he hasn't been anything special in my opinion.

Lawson....I don't see it happening.

Yep.

Nope :poke:

Slightly amusing but just terribly wrong (in a moral standpoint, not on validity)

If I was a betting man, and thankfully I'm not, here are the % of chances certain players will leave next year:

Adams: 99.999%

Lawson: 90%

Coleman: 75% (remember, he already has his Bachelor's degree, which many here are forgetting)

Avery Young: 80%

TIFWIW....

If I was a betting man, and thankfully I'm not, here are the % of chances certain players will leave next year:

Coleman: 75% (remember, he already has his Bachelor's degree, which many here are forgetting)

TIFWIW....

Can you say JUCO DL? I don't think we should build on Jucos, but DL needs the help next year in a big big way

Slightly amusing but just terribly wrong (in a moral standpoint, not on validity)

not a slam at jj. Just pointing out he was just as hyped, actually more hyped than Carl with about the same amount of exposure. If Carl is second round jj was at least mid first.

Avery Young is the most likely to go pro and he would get a good draft grade so I would bet he is gone. Monty might go out of frustration but he really needs another year, hopefully with better coaching. Shon is not ready at all. Carl is going to have to get a good year on the books if he wants to be a first rounder and rake in the guaranteed money. He would be undrafted now because they would be scared of all the injuries regardless of his measurables.

Of course, winning makes everyone look better and we need to do a lot of that the second half of the season and let the other chips fall where they may.

I agree

TIFWIW....

Can you say JUCO DL? I don't think we should build on Jucos, but DL needs the help next year in a big big way

Yea, IF Lawson leaves as I expect after this year, our D-Line will be a mess, and that's an understatement...

JMO,

I doubt Lawson gets drafted at this point. He basically has no resume. He has only played in a handful of games and he has terrific potential. The thing going against him we all know is that he can't seem to stay healthy (not hurt) for an extended time. If I was an NFL evaluator (and I know I am not), knowing my job is on the line with the people I recommend, I personally could not reccommend drafting Lawson at this point knowing that if he does not play, this will not look good for our team and me personally. I need to see more.

Again, this is just my opinion.

JMO,

I doubt Lawson gets drafted at this point. He basically has no resume. He has only played in a handful of games and he has terrific potential. The thing going against him we all know is that he can't seem to stay healthy (not hurt) for an extended time. If I was an NFL evaluator (and I know I am not), knowing my job is on the line with the people I recommend, I personally could not reccommend drafting Lawson at this point knowing that if he does not play, this will not look good for our team and me personally. I need to see more.

I believe there is enough film for him to be drafted by some team. A team will see him as a bargain with a lot of potential in the later rounds, should he not be drafted earlier on. He will also get a chance to show out at an NFL pro day and combine(if he were to be invited).

JMO,

Really? Because it seems as though some respected scouts disagree with that statement. Will he be taken 1-3 rounds? Probably not. But he would be taken in the 4th round more than likely. Again, his situation is unique. He comes back year, and he gets injured again, it really hurts his draft status. I believe you, and many other Auburn fans, are hoping he doesn't go by convincing yourself thinking he's not ready, not enough film, etc. However, reality is if you were in his position, you would go the NFL and take the money, not risk getting hurt again. Lawson can always go back to college to get his degree...

TIFWIW....

Yay, we're "young" AGAIN next year! :banghead:

If this happens, that makes Gus over the last two years one of the biggest underachievers in CFB!

JMO,

So you wouldn't take a 1st round talent in say the 5th-7th rounds? Really? Because you think you're going to get a stud player with one of those picks LOL?

You are very wrong on this subject. Hilariously wrong.

He's had two injuries which have kept him out extensively. Its not a bunch of random nagging injuries that pop up weekly. When he has played, he's made obviously noticeable impacts on the game. It isn't a long resume, but its pretty clear what type of ability he can bring.

JMO,

So you wouldn't take a 1st round talent in say the 5th-7th rounds? Really? Because you think you're going to get a stud player with one of those picks LOL?

You are very wrong on this subject. Hilariously wrong.

He's had two injuries which have kept him out extensively. Its not a bunch of random nagging injuries that pop up weekly. When he has played, he's made obviously noticeable impacts on the game. It isn't a long resume, but its pretty clear what type of ability he can bring.

It would definitely be worth it for a team to draft him in the later rounds. The better question, to me, is whether it would be worth it for Lawson to come back and play -- either this season, if he's able, or next year. If he comes back this year and plays well, he could improve his stock somewhat. If he comes back next year and dominates, he could get it where most of us believe it should be.

I know if my son had gotten injured 2 years in a row, I'd have concerns.

Football is a game of injuries. He tore a ligament in his knee, you think there is some magical 'training' that is going to prevent that?

I'm in no way saying his dad or Carl are worried about the injuries, but hip issues are very different than knee surgery. The latter is common; the former is rare.

Archived