Auburn's Weekly Presser - Arkansas Week

RunInRed

Gus Malzahn

Gus says Arkansas' record "is deceiving."

Malzahn: "Bottom line if we need to play our best game to win"

Malzahn says big thing that stood out about Sean White is that he hasn't turned the ball over

Where's Jovon Robinson? Malzahn says it's part ankle injury and part Peyton Barber's emergence

Could Kerryon throw the ball out of the Wildcat? Malzahn: *shrugs* "He could. I wouldn't tell you, but he could."

Malzahn: We're getting to the point where the true freshmen we're playing are no longer freshmen.

Gus Malzahn did get a question about how to prepare for the expected rain in Arkansas

Malzahn on Auburn-Arkansas "rivalry" -- "There's some familiar faces on our staff from that state. That might have something to do with it."

Malzahn on Arkansas RB Alex Collins: "He's a challenge. ... He's a very good back."

Malzahn: "Sean White will start the game." No controversy or mystery this week. Everyone breathe.

Malzahn says both Montravius Adams and Roc Thomas practiced Sunday and are expected to play vs. Arkansas

Interesting: Arkansas is first opponent this season that I can recall Malzahn naming players by name. Has been general w/ other opponents

@AUBlog

Gus Malzahn on changing QBs during season: "There's no doubt it's difficult, but I think we got through the difficult times. We've improved"

@AUGoldMine

"They're playing good football," Gus Malzahn says about a 2-4 SEC team.

@bmarcello

Alex Kozan

Kozan on OL: "Having that cohesion is important. ... I definitely think we're starting to come on now."

Kozan on Austin Golson: "For a guy playing a new position, I think he's done pretty well."

Alex Kozan on perception Auburn isn't good: "I try not to listen to you guys -- or anyone, for that matter."

@AUBlog

Auburn's Alex Kozan on getting SEC road win last week: "It was a great confidence booster for our team."

Auburn's Alex Kozan on QB Sean White: "Sean is a gamer. You see that confidence in him on the sidelines and in the game."

@AUGoldMine

Kozan: "Kerryon (Johnson) is making a lot of plays." Says his wildcat element gives Auburn a different look.

@matthewcstevens

Kozan: Getting more comfortable with every rep.

@DanaSulonen

Kozan said he feels himself getting back to where he was and feels like Kentucky was his best game this year

@ITATJason

Kozan on physicality of Arkansas: "Every game in the SEC is physical"

Kozan on Kerryon Johnson: "He brings a new element. He's a really hard worker."

@EvanMcCullers

Where's Jovon Robinson? Malzahn says it's part ankle injury and part Peyton Barber's emergence in the doghouse. Fixed

Where's Jovon Robinson? Malzahn says it's part ankle injury and part Peyton Barber's emergence in the doghouse. Fixed

Basically

Side note: I hope DL chooses to follow the impression left by the OL. Definitely gonna need some improvement by them to seriously shut down Arky

There is no Arkansas-Auburn rivalry. I know the Arkansas fans want to turn it to such, but no thanks. Expected rain really sucks in terms of what we want to do in the passing game. Hopefully, our boys grow up real quick down in the trenches.

There is no Arkansas-Auburn rivalry. I know the Arkansas fans want to turn it to such, but no thanks. Expected rain really sucks in terms of what we want to do in the passing game. Hopefully, our boys grow up real quick down in the trenches.

Rain is relative. Its said that rain helps passing because receivers know their routes so they plant their feet properly without slipping whereas DBs don't know the routes and are therefore more prone to slip making unexpected cuts and give up big plays.

Correction... Arkansas's coach wants to turn it into such. My experience with the fans is they just see Auburn as another SEC team... no more, no less... well, except when we had Dyer... they were very upset about that. They got over it when Frazier ended up being a bust.

Al.com fake auburn beat writer quoting lambert as saying there is no big challenge, facing arky's run game and i feel we have the better offensive line...... Did he say It.... or did the paid loser Marcello misquote him?

Al.com fake auburn beat writer quoting lambert as saying there is no big challenge, facing arky's run game and i feel we have the better offensive line...... Did he say It.... or did the paid loser Marcello misquote him?

Actually he said...out Oline is all over 300. Then they tricked him by asking if his Oline was the best in the SEC and he said yes. Is he supposed to tell his OLine they stink? It was a rigged presser IYAM. Grown men trying to trick a kid into a quotable statement. They have zero shame and should not be allowed to ask players questions IMO.

Correction... Arkansas's coach wants to turn it into such. My experience with the fans is they just see Auburn as another SEC team... no more, no less... well, except when we had Dyer... they were very upset about that. They got over it when Frazier ended up being a bust.

I lived in Arkansas for quite some time. I can tell you it is much more than that. I think BB definitely used it as an agenda to unify his fan base, but let me tell you the fans there hate Auburn. They have since the Pat Dye scandal and it has become even more egregious due to Malzahn's influence at Auburn. Why don't you take a gander at hogville and see if AU is seen as another SEC team.

Actually he said...out Oline is all over 300. Then they tricked him by asking if his Oline was the best in the SEC and he said yes. Is he supposed to tell his OLine they stink? It was a rigged presser IYAM. Grown men trying to trick a kid into a quotable statement. They have zero shame and should not be allowed to ask players questions IMO.

Yep

I lived in Arkansas for quite some time. I can tell you it is much more than that. I think BB definitely used it as an agenda to unify his fan base, but let me tell you the fans there hate Auburn. They have since the Pat Dye scandal and it has become even more egregious due to Malzahn's influence at Auburn. Why don't you take a gander at hogville and see if AU is seen as another SEC team.

This is true!

Arkansas has a great line and is really good at protecting their QB which scares me more than their running game. Great pass protection vs very poor pass rush usually does not turn out too good. I actually welcome the sloppy playing conditions!!!

With that being said our offensive line is respectful in their own right and I would expect any AU player to have confidence in their teammates. AU has more rushing yards and more rushing touchdowns through 6 games than Arky and their hogs do.

His answer to the question about facing Arky fat boys up front with my take,

"there is no big challenge"(not politically correct but who cares)...

"something we face every week, we just have to stop the run..." (This is a 100% true statement)

A question was asked if Lambert had seen anything like Arky with 300 lbs across the board.

"our offensive line is 300 across the board" (Not completely true cause our runt, Braden Smith, does not tip the 300 mark)

The jerk asked an AU defensive player if he felt AU had a line that even compares to Arky (WTF??? did he expect?)

"yeah, I feel like we have the best offensive line" (exactly what a defensive lineman is supposed to say about his teammates)

Then asked if AU was the best offensive line in the SEC

"yeah" (what he should have said was ALabama or Georgia maybe??? hufffff)

Arkansas has a great line and is really good at protecting their QB which scares me more than their running game. Great pass protection vs very poor pass rush usually does not turn out too good. I actually welcome the sloppy playing conditions!!!

With that being said our offensive line is respectful in their own right and I would expect any AU player to have confidence in their teammates. AU has more rushing yards and more rushing touchdowns through 6 games than Arky and their hogs do.

His answer to the question about facing Arky fat boys up front with my take,

"there is no big challenge"(not politically correct but who cares)...

"something we face every week, we just have to stop the run..." (This is a 100% true statement)

A question was asked if Lambert had seen anything like Arky with 300 lbs across the board.

"our offensive line is 300 across the board" (Not completely true cause our runt, Braden Smith, does not tip the 300 mark)

The jerk asked an AU defensive player if he felt AU had a line that even compares to Arky (WTF??? did he expect?)

"yeah, I feel like we have the best offensive line" (exactly what a defensive lineman is supposed to say about his teammates)

Then asked if AU was the best offensive line in the SEC

"yeah" (what he should have said was ALabama or Georgia maybe??? hufffff)

Yep. All baited questions to a guy that wasnt comfortable in front of the media. He didn't say ANYTHING that every single player in his position wouldn't have said. So called AU fans that are attacking him just need to go away for good.

Archived