So did you guys see Lambert's interview? Our beat writers kills him for it...

cole256

"There's no big challenge."

What planet are y'all from that this isn't downplaying an opponent?

Planet Context. Read the full quote. Those four words you're harping on do not stand alone on their own when you're deriving meaning. The words that go with those four tell the tale. But way to dance to a contrived controversy. I'll give you a 7.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick question.....Do you claim to be an AU "fan"???

I have avoided this forum all year because of this crap.

I am an Auburn student and have been a fan since I was born. I, like everyone, here drank Gus's Kool-aid this offseason. I could not make the trip to Atlanta for personal reasons, but I was there for Jax State. I saw an underprepared team that deserved to lose. Play calling was awful and the team did not want to be there.

I told myself we were preparing for LSU. I went to that game also; made the whole 7 hour journey. The night before the game I met some LSU people at the bars. They were talking about how great the game was going to be and I told them they were going to kill us. I watched tiger walk the next day and Gus looked defeated and the team looked like they were forced to be there. That was the most embarrassed I have ever been to be associated with AU. We looked like a middle school team. It was disgusting what Gus had put on the field that day. I had hoped they wouldn't let him back on the bus.

Then we play MSU with a new QB who Gus handcuffs!! If he doesn't handcuff Sean, we win that game, but improvements showed. We then traveled to Lexington and stole a win. The O looked a little better, but the D looked like babies, to put it nicely.

Now someone tell me why the media should be writing positive articles about the football program. It is a few short steps away from being a dumpster fire! This is not a time to attack peoples' fanhood. It is a time to be concerned.

Now let me get my warning point and have people tell me how I'm not a true fan.

You can't be a real Auburn fan if you aren't super thrilled with every aspect of the program at all times. The coaches and players can do no wrong. A blind, emotionless, drone-like following is required to be a "true" Auburn fan. Get with the program, noob.

There is no check list of what being an Auburn fan is supposed to look like.

Some of us just feel that our constant complaining and moaning on a forum does nothing to change anything except add fuel to a fan base that feels we should be just like all the other programs but never pull their head out of the sand to look at the other programs.

I am very critical when we are performing at a high level. I am silent and look for anything positive when we are not.

This attitude and thinking I learned while playing football. I have played and I have coached. When a player or team is reaching its potential you demand even more and look for every small detail to criticize. When a player or team is underperforming you look for anything solid to build upon.

Planet Context. Read the full quote. Those four words you're harping on do not stand alone on their own when you're deriving meaning. The words that go with those four tell the tale. But way to dance to a contrived controversy. I'll give you a 7.

chimes ain't happy if he ain't bitchin'.

Bingo...

Just a quick question.....Do you claim to be an AU "fan"???

I have avoided this forum all year because of this crap.

I am an Auburn student and have been a fan since I was born. I, like everyone, here drank Gus's Kool-aid this offseason. I could not make the trip to Atlanta for personal reasons, but I was there for Jax State. I saw an underprepared team that deserved to lose. Play calling was awful and the team did not want to be there.

I told myself we were preparing for LSU. I went to that game also; made the whole 7 hour journey. The night before the game I met some LSU people at the bars. They were talking about how great the game was going to be and I told them they were going to kill us. I watched tiger walk the next day and Gus looked defeated and the team looked like they were forced to be there. That was the most embarrassed I have ever been to be associated with AU. We looked like a middle school team. It was disgusting what Gus had put on the field that day. I had hoped they wouldn't let him back on the bus.

Then we play MSU with a new QB who Gus handcuffs!! If he doesn't handcuff Sean, we win that game, but improvements showed. We then traveled to Lexington and stole a win. The O looked a little better, but the D looked like babies, to put it nicely.

Now someone tell me why the media should be writing positive articles about the football program. It is a few short steps away from being a dumpster fire! This is not a time to attack peoples' fanhood. It is a time to be concerned.

Now let me get my warning point and have people tell me how I'm not a true fan.

You can't be a real Auburn fan if you aren't super thrilled with every aspect of the program at all times. The coaches and players can do no wrong. A blind, emotionless, drone-like following is required to be a "true" Auburn fan. Get with the program, noob.

There is no check list of what being an Auburn fan is supposed to look like.

Some of us just feel that our constant complaining and moaning on a forum does nothing to change anything except add fuel to a fan base that feels we should be just like all the other programs but never pull their head out of the sand to look at the other programs.

I am very critical when we are performing at a high level. I am silent and look for anything positive when we are not.

This attitude and thinking I learned while playing football. I have played and I have coached. When a player or team is reaching its potential you demand even more and look for every small detail to criticize. When a player or team is underperforming you look for anything solid to build upon.

Great post

Same question presented to two different people but worded differently.

(both were the very first question asked by the way)

AL.com Beat writer to Lambert: "What kind of challenge does Arkansas' offensive line, and their run game, present?"

AL.com Beat writer to Boom: "Will, Is there a different mentality going into a game like this where you know you are going to get hit in the mouth early and often with an Arkansas team... (Boom cuts the question off and gives his answer)

You decide which quote is Lamberts and which is Booms. (I guess Boom has never played sports before)

"... mostly in our league that's what it is about every week"

"no big challenge, something we face every week"

AL.com Beat writer to Lambert: "What kind of challenge does Arkansas' offensive line, and their run game, present?"

AL.com Beat writer to Boom: "Will, Is there a different mentality going into a game like this where you know you are going to get hit in the mouth early and often with an Arkansas team... (Boom cuts the question off and gives his answer)

You decide which quote is Lamberts and which is Booms. (I guess Boom has never played sports before)

Pretty much the same response

Pretty much the same response

and neither stated they hate Arkansas.

Nice one, mod. I'm objective and I guess that hurts your feelings. When the team does something right I give credit where it's due. When the team slips up I don't close my eyes and pretend it didn't happen. Sorry I'm not some simpleton goober.

Planet Context...clever. The problem is, the rest of his statement doesn't exactly "smooth over" the first few words. I think he said something along the lines of "We go against good offensive lines every week". Those offensive lines have been a HUGE problem for our Dline.

If he'd only said the second part and left out the "no big challenge" then it'd be fine...but he didn't. You can try to decipher what he meant but I'm just going by what he said. He said their offensive line presents "no big challenge".

Do I think this will cause Arkansas to rush for 500 yards? No. Do I think they will probably rush for a ton regardless of any "bulletin board" material? Yeah. I just think our guys need to represent the program in a different light in front of media (regardless of how douchey the media members are).

Planet Context...clever. The problem is, the rest of his statement doesn't exactly "smooth over" the first few words. I think he said something along the lines of "We go against good offensive lines every week". Those offensive lines have been a HUGE problem for our Dline.

If he'd only said the second part and left out the "no big challenge" then it'd be fine...but he didn't. You can try to decipher what he meant but I'm just going by what he said. He said their offensive line presents "no big challenge".

Do I think this will cause Arkansas to rush for 500 yards? No. Do I think they will probably rush for a ton regardless of any "bulletin board" material? Yeah. I just think our guys need to represent the program in a different light in front of media (regardless of how douchey the media members are).

Chimes likes coach speak then.

Ain't that the truth

Ain't that the truth

Pretty sure chimes is never happy.

:dunno:

Nice one, mod. I'm objective and I guess that hurts your feelings. When the team does something right I give credit where it's due. When the team slips up I don't close my eyes and pretend it didn't happen. Sorry I'm not some simpleton goober.

Chimes for crying out loud, with all due respect stop bitching and complaining about every damn thing these players do. That is not objective and the players don't deserve it.

Chimes for crying out loud, with all due respect stop bitching and complaining about every damn thing these players do. That is not objective and the players don't deserve it.

AMEN AND AMEN...

This thread is nonsense. Has anyone here criticizing actually watched the damn video???? I highly doubt it. Well here it is. No excuses now.

Non sense?

Right, so read the definition and then the thread title....you know what nevermind I forgot who I was dealing with for a sec

Right, so read the definition and then the thread title....you know what nevermind I forgot who I was dealing with for a sec

My point is all the people improperly criticizing a player, not the initiation of the thread. But pick a fight for no reason. Got some names to call too?

I can just go by what you say, and lol at the pick a fight name call thing you do. Listen man I sincerely apologize for calling you a troll. I never imagined anybody would be so distraught over it. It's actually one of the nicer adjectives I receive from people everyday. So here it is publicly, I'm sorry for being a cyber bully by calling you a troll.

Archived