So did you guys see Lambert's interview? Our beat writers kills him for it...

cole256

I can just go by what you say, and lol at the pick a fight name call thing you do. Listen man I sincerely apologize for calling you a troll. I never imagined anybody would be so distraught over it. It's actually one of the nicer adjectives I receive from people everyday. So here it is publicly, I'm sorry for being a cyber bully by calling you a troll.

I could go back and find all the names you've called, but it's not worth my time. Have a nice day.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just go by what you say, and lol at the pick a fight name call thing you do. Listen man I sincerely apologize for calling you a troll. I never imagined anybody would be so distraught over it. It's actually one of the nicer adjectives I receive from people everyday. So here it is publicly, I'm sorry for being a cyber bully by calling you a troll.

I could go back and find all the names you've called, but it's not worth my time. Have a nice day.

I'm sorry for calling you a troll bro. You're a great poster

Same question presented to two different people but worded differently.

(both were the very first question asked by the way)

AL.com Beat writer to Lambert: "What kind of challenge does Arkansas' offensive line, and their run game, present?"

AL.com Beat writer to Boom: "Will, Is there a different mentality going into a game like this where you know you are going to get hit in the mouth early and often with an Arkansas team... (Boom cuts the question off and gives his answer)

You decide which quote is Lamberts and which is Booms. (I guess Boom has never played sports before)

"... mostly in our league that's what it is about every week"

"no big challenge, something we face every week"

I see Marcello didn't go after Muschamp.

Marcello if you want to go after somebody, go after Muschamp. He's a man. He's atleast forty. Makes me so sick I wanna puke.

Coming back to AU64's analogy to petting a rattlesnake: There is a nearby SEC school that simply doesn't allow the players to appear at such things. An assistant coach rarely speaks and that's in the off-season.

They don't pet the rattlesnake. We should think about taking that approach.

Coming back to AU64's analogy to petting a rattlesnake: There is a nearby SEC school that simply doesn't allow the players to appear at such things. An assistant coach rarely speaks and that's in the off-season.

And Saban isn't afraid to call out a reporter for asking a question he doesn't approve of.

We need to turn into the Kremlin and monitor what is being said about us. If it is not positive, start cutting off fingers.

#problemsolved #jk

And Saban isn't afraid to call out a reporter for asking a question he doesn't approve of.

And everybody acts accordingly

I think Gus may be getting to that point, but his Southern manners and politeness still kind of stand in the way. The "getting to that point" bit I'm talking about is from a week or so ago when Al.com beat writer James Crappier...er...Crepea started asking a question at the presser and Gus flat out told him "I don't know why you always have to put a negative frame around every question you ask" (paraphrased, but pretty close.)

I don't really care for the idea that AU should emulate anything about the way they do "business" over in Tuscaloosa. Perhaps a time will come when AU will not make players available to the press other than when league rules require it, such as at the SEC pre-season thing. For me the bigger issue isn't related to what AU players say in these media availabilities so much as it is the way some AU fans read the spin from various reporters and run with it as though that spin is concrete fact...and continue to do so even when full video with the full quote that is being spun is available.

Lambert is not a politician or a PR person or anything other than a college student/football player speaking off the cuff in response to media questions. The second I saw the article and contrived controversy that Marcello (and I reckon Crappier...er...Crepea) was trying to gin up, I watched the full video to get the quote in context. And sure enough, context rendered the controversy non-existent and totally manufactured in an effort (I suppose) to get hits and clicks at the Al.com web site. That context is available to everyone, and I have no way to understand what is in the heads of AU fans who had rather run with Marcello and Crepea than with what the actual truth is. And the truth is that they took a few words that Lambert said and removed all context, because with context, there is nothing there.

We have met the enemy, and he is us. Or something like that.

Ultimately from the entire demeanor and context in the video, Brandon Marcello equated our record as garbage, and our players as delusional morons who don't understand the brevity of taking on the biggest offensive line in the universe.

I could understand hearing those words coming from Bret Bielema or my one Arkansas friend who was unfortunate enough to have to live in Alabama his whole life; but not from Brandon Marcello.

I had thought he was a pretty decent beat writer up until this point. But he lost me after this one. I understand a job is job but the kind of disdain for Auburn is not worth my attention.

Somewhat off the subject, but wouldn't 325 lbs on someone who isn't 7 feet tall be considered extra fat?

I mean, if shear weight was the goal, why wouldn't linemen put on a weighted vest under their pads? ;D

Ultimately from the entire demeanor and context in the video, Brandon Marcello equated our record as garbage, and our players as delusional morons who don't understand the brevity of taking on the biggest offensive line in the universe.

I could understand hearing those words coming from Bret Bielema or my one Arkansas friend who was unfortunate enough to have to live in Alabama his whole life; but not from Brandon Marcello.

I had thought he was a pretty decent beat writer up until this point. But he lost me after this one. I understand a job is job but the kind of disdain for Auburn is not worth my attention.

I think Joel Erikson was a positive influence on Marcello. But when Erikson left AL.com for NOLA, the influence on Marcello became Crepea, and Crepea has been trying to play the "Gotcha!" game on the AU beat from the moment he landed on the AU beat.

Cherry picking a discussion for "gotcha" phrases to exploit is what passes for news now days. :no:

It also a favorite pastime for some of the posters as well. Chimes hasn't missed a single chance to blast an AU player in many moons.

This "Gotcha" journalism, and even taking a quote completely out of context is now okay. As long as you aren't caught being nice to AU, or a Conservative, anything goes!

Cherry picking a discussion for "gotcha" phrases to exploit is what passes for news now days. :no:/>

It also a favorite pastime for some of the posters as well. Chimes hasn't missed a single chance to blast an AU player in many moons.

This "Gotcha" journalism, and even taking a quote completely out of context is now okay. As long as you aren't caught being nice to AU, or a Conservative, anything goes!

Watch you mouth with the conservative talk and homer. This could get political quick lol

Cherry picking a discussion for "gotcha" phrases to exploit is what passes for news now days. :no:/>

Watch you mouth with the conservative talk and homer. This could get political quick lol

But I am a traditional conservative. :dunno:

But I am a traditional conservative. :dunno:/>

Yep. I know right?

All conservatives say this

"

(As a Bernie Sanders fan..."

Lol. Ok. Back on topic. ;D

But I am a traditional conservative. :dunno:/>

Yep. I know right?

All conservatives say this

"

(As a Bernie Sanders fan..."

Lol. Ok. Back on topic. ;D

Well, obviously, some of them do.

http://www.alternet....ervative-voters

http://www.dailykos....-Bernie-Sanders

http://thefederalist...ative-for-2016/

OK, back to topic. ;D

Archived