Former uat RB Altee Tenpenny Killed

WarTiger

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/10/former_alabama_teammates_say_e.html

Former Alabama running back Altee Tenpenny has passed away, according to tweets late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning from several ex-Tide teammates, his high school football team's Twitter account and ArkansasVarsity.com of the Rivals network.

ArkansasVarsity.com reported that Tenpenny, an Arkansas native, was killed in a car accident.

Wow, reads like he had completely lost control. Transferred to UNLV, dismissed almost immediately for the proverbial violation of team rules; transferred to Nichols State, never cleared to play, arrested this past Sunday, dismissed from the program Tuesday. Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid.

Wow, reads like he had completely lost control. Transferred to UNLV, dismissed almost immediately for the proverbial violation of team rules; transferred to Nichols State, never cleared to play, arrested this past Sunday, dismissed from the program Tuesday. Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid.

It's even harder when your dreams go out the window...even if you only have yourself to blame.

That sucks. Sometimes sports can be the saving grace for troubled kids. I hope Duke doesn't head down this route..

I know a guy that was an awesome kicker that could kick 50+ yard field goals but he drank and ended up kicked off the team when universities were already interested in him. Long story short, he let himself go and drove drunk one night. Fortunately, nobody died but he will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Everyone I know said he was a great kid in high school but I guess he got into the wrong crowd away from his family.

Hate that it ended in such a freak accident coming back home though. RIP.

Saying this why? He was killed...RIP, prayers to his loved ones

Exactly...not sure if he was calling the kid stupid but regardless a life is lost....condolences to his family..

God bless all of the athletes struggling with drug addiction. I would like to see Auburn build a facility to rehab athletes and treat mental health disorders. It would be a great recruiting tool.

Exactly...not sure if he was calling the kid stupid but regardless a life is lost....condolences to his family..

You guys read into it what you're going to. Sometimes you have to do things you'd rather not so you can do the things you'd rather.

"In the spring of the year, when kings normally go out to war, David sent Joab and the Israelite army to fight the Ammonites. They destroyed the Ammonite army and laid siege to the city of Rabbah. However, David stayed behind in Jerusalem."

You guys read into it what you're going to. Sometimes you have to do things you'd rather not so you can do the things you'd rather.

"In the spring of the year, when kings normally go out to war, David sent Joab and the Israelite army to fight the Ammonites. They destroyed the Ammonite army and laid siege to the city of Rabbah. However, David stayed behind in Jerusalem."

I guess life is harder for you.

So much fail in this post.

RIP, prayers for his family and friends.

Really dumb post Dixieland. Young guy made mistakes and did a lot of dumb stuff. I did too . I'm sure u ain't perfect yourself. It doesn't matter what he did. What matters is his friends and family are mourning his loss.

Really dumb post Dixieland. Young guy made mistakes and did a lot of dumb stuff. I did too . I'm sure u ain't perfect yourself. It doesn't matter what he did. What matters is his friends and family are mourning his loss.

Yep.

Too many young people making these kinds of mistakes and the rest of the world too busy to care. As long as they're scoring touchdowns and making tackles for my team, it's all good. If not, well then shame on them. Where were the people in his life to hold him accountable and keep him focused on getting his work done so he could do what God gifted him the ability to do? Reads to me like the warning signs were there. It's stupid these kids believe they're ten feet tall and bullet proof and when they get shot and killed at Tiger Lodge we simply post RIP and prayers for the family and nobody does a thing about it. I've got one pretty close to the same age who believes everything he thinks, says and posts about himself. He's got four or five friends who think exactly the same way. I see it as my job to fight tooth and nail for all of them. This past Saturday night I got a phone call and went and pulled five of them out of a huge pot party. They're worth fighting for, but it takes a lot of work. The human brain isn't fully developed until about 25 years of age, kids do stupid things and make life harder on themselves than they should. Somebody has GOT to be there to keep 'em from wrecking themselves.

Rant over.

Yep.

Too many young people making these kinds of mistakes and the rest of the world too busy to care. As long as they're scoring touchdowns and making tackles for my team, it's all good. If not, well then shame on them. Where were the people in his life to hold him accountable and keep him focused on getting his work done so he could do what God gifted him the ability to do? Reads to me like the warning signs were there. It's stupid these kids believe they're ten feet tall and bullet proof and when they get shot and killed at Tiger Lodge we simply post RIP and prayers for the family and nobody does a thing about it. I've got one pretty close to the same age who believes everything he thinks, says and posts about himself. He's got four or five friends who think exactly the same way. I see it as my job to fight tooth and nail for all of them. This past Saturday night I got a phone call and went and pulled five of them out of a huge pot party. They're worth fighting for, but it takes a lot of work. The human brain isn't fully developed until about 25 years of age, kids do stupid things and make life harder on themselves than they should. Somebody has GOT to be there to keep 'em from wrecking themselves.

Rant over.

This isn't the place for your rant. Start a thread in atc, perhaps? Too late though, and you are clueless and on a mission. Here's your pat on the back man. *snicker*

Archived