Another Impressive Accounting of the Benghazi Investigation - Even Better Than Newsweek's

homersapien

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-brock/remarks-to-the-world-affa_b_8357048.html

The Benghazi Committee's Out of Control Effort to Destroy Hillary Clinton at All Costs By David Brock

(I wasn't aware of the Koch connection in Trey Gowdy's defeating my ex-Representative Bob Inglis.)

Good read.

Didn't know Gowdy was your rep. Sorry.

Gowdy's about the most competent, moral and ethical Rep in all of D.C. " Sorry " ? Good grief.

Very sad, just media matters and DNC talking points

Point out the errors and/or lies and you might have something there.

Why do you think it's impressive (correct)?

Good read.

Gowdy's about the most competent, moral and ethical Rep in all of D.C. " Sorry " ? Good grief.

Given your standards for morality and ethics, my opinion remains unchanged.

Good read.

Oh look ! Another open ended , totally empty and baseless charge w/ the intent to insult me. Shocker !

Like it or not, this isn't about me. It's about Hillary, and this administration, which has been caught in a intentional, undeniable lie, to cover up - something. Whether it was colossal incompetence, a purely political move to hide the fact that militant Islam is far from defeated, as Obama claimed with the death of Osama bin Laden, or something else, no one can deny that this group in charge, the President and Hillary, promoted a lie.

Apparently that doesn't bother you , one bit, because of the (D) behind their names.

THAT right there tells me a lot about YOUR standards of morality and ethics.

It's about doing the right thing , regardless of party affiliation. You want to look the other way, hold no one responsible, an act as if any and all honest questions about this matter can't be based in anything but partisan politics.

Good read.

Oh look ! Another open ended , totally empty and baseless charge w/ the intent to insult me. Shocker !

Like it or not, this isn't about me. It's about Hillary, and this administration, which has been caught in a intentional, undeniable lie, to cover up - something. Whether it was colossal incompetence, a purely political move to hide the fact that militant Islam is far from defeated, as Obama claimed with the death of Osama bin Laden, or something else, no one can deny that this group in charge, the President and Hillary, promoted a lie.

Apparently that doesn't bother you , one bit, because of the (D) behind their names.

It's about doing the right thing , regardless of party affiliation. You want to look the other way, hold no one responsible, an act as if any and all honest questions about this matter can't be based in anything but partisan politics.

Actually, this thread IS more about you.

Very sad, just media matters and DNC talking points

Point out the errors and/or lies and you might have something there.

Why do you think it's impressive (correct)?

Because it takes the various factual details and organizes them in a compelling way to review the truth of the matter.

Presumably your response means you can't identify any lies or errors in the piece.

Good read.

:bs:

Never mind that by the spring of 2014, six Congressional committees had released reports detailing the results of their exhaustive investigations. Two other committees had also held hearings. And, that fall, the Republican House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence would release its own report, making it the ninth congressional committees to investigate the attacks.

And not one of them found any evidence to verify the far-flung theories of the far right. There was no stand-down order that prevented the saving of lives, no deliberate effort to mislead the public about the motive behind the attack, no muzzled whistleblowers, no cover-up -- nothing.

More than 30 hearings, 200 witnesses, eleven published reports totaling nearly 800 pages, and millions upon millions of taxpayer dollars -- the most recent estimate is at least $20 million overall -- and the Republicans still hadn't found any wrongdoing.

In her prior Congressional testimony, in January 2013, Clinton said she took responsibility for the events in Libya, took immediate action to guard against such attacks in the future, and was transparent throughout, even releasing to the public the full report of State's Accountability Review Board investigation. Even a Fox News commentator concluded she "hit the ball out of the park."

Yet, clearly, it was time for yet another Benghazi committee. But why?

How exhaustive were those hearings if they didn't have all the emails, or all the testimony,Homer ?

How exhaustive were those hearings if they didn't have all the emails, or all the testimony,Homer ?

Considering the Gowdy hearing hasn't found a single thing we didn't already know, they were sufficiently exhaustive.

This switch in emphasis to Hillary's email is all about extending the investigation with Hillary as the focus. It has nothing to do with Benghazi.

Gowdy lied through his teeth in his opening statement and everyone knows it.

"House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy didn't just acknowledge the Benghazi hoax, he boasted about it.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" he crowed. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping." The GOP's goal, McCarthy added in his mangled English, was to paint Clinton as "untrustable."

Then another Republican Congressman, Richard Hanna, confessed that the committee was "designed to go after" Hillary.

And last week, Republican officials told the New York Times that the committee began focusing on emails because Speaker of the House John Boehner thought it was "a way to keep the issue alive and to cause political problems for her campaign."

Meanwhile, a whistleblower emerged from within the committee staff: a former investigator, Air Force Reserve officer, and self-described conservative Republican named Bradley Podliska.

Major Podliska told CNN of the absurdity of life on the Benghazi committee. Staffers regularly wasted time online and sometimes drank on the job. Several joined a "gun buying club," whiling away the hours at the office designing personalized weapons -- "chrome-plated, monogrammed, Tiffany-style Glock 9-millimeters," to be exact.

He also reported that the committee "trained its sights almost exclusively on Clinton" following news reports on her emails. And he revealed that he had been fired for refusing to go along -- which would make his firing unlawful."

We knew Hillary lied before this hearing, and now we know for a fact that she did lie. We only know that she lied more frequently than before. So to say we found nothing new is misleading. Yes, Hillary is a liar. We all knew that. But the lengths at what she went to hide this false story to the world is ever unraveling.

Your made up stories about what Boehner knew and what other Republicans said about this hearing is laughable. You were a bald-faced liar and so is every Democrat trying to cover for this witch.

We knew Hillary lied before this hearing, and now we know for a fact that she did lie. We only know that she lied more frequently than before. So to say we found nothing new is misleading. Yes, Hillary is a liar. We all knew that. But the lengths at what she went to hide this false story to the world is ever unraveling.

Your made up stories about what Boehner knew and what other Republicans said about this hearing is laughable. You were a bald-faced liar and so is every Democrat trying to cover for this witch.

These stories were not "made up". They are statements made by Republicans and participates just as the article reports.

Unsupported assertions of authority aren't very convincing. Especially when they are made by someone who insists Obama sincerely believes he owns the White House as personal property. :laugh:

As far as Hillary lying about Benghazi, 21 investigations have failed to demonstrate it. But I will throw you a bone and concede that she has effectively lied at some point in her career. Name a politician - including presidents - who haven't.

Mark my words, Gowdy will be remembered as the one who secured her election. I really enjoy the irony of that.

Clinton is the greatest and most trusted Sec. Of State we've ever had. She is truthful, insightful and very adapt to leading this nation into the future. She handled this crisis so well that four Americans decided to take one for the team to prove it. You can't argue with the results. They speak for themselves.

We would be honored to have this woman as President one day.

Gowdy proved her to be a liar, and completely embarrassed her on national t.v.

For that, he shall be remembered, and I am grateful for his service.

Gowdy proved her to be a liar, and completely embarrassed her on national t.v.

For that, he shall be remembered, and I am grateful for his service.

Seriously?

Funny how almost every political analysis since yesterday disagrees with that:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/conservative-media-hillary-clinton-benghazi-committee/412117/

Guess you are right and they are all wrong, huh?

Political analysis coming from left wingers is fair and balanced so take it for what it is.......

Independent analysis proves she lied about several things, but the MSM will do what it has done for years now......help wash it out of public view.

Homer - every conservative I heard said Gowdy nailed her, but the msm won't cover it that way , because Hillary didn't " look " flustered.

The MSM is crowing about her ability to stay calm under pressure this time. They clearly did not listen to what was asked or answered.

Archived