AUBURN MEN’S GOLF RANKED NO. 1 IN THE THREE MAJOR POLLS

augolf1716

I'm going to keep posting until our golf team gets there due here. First time ever in the history of Auburn golf to be first all polls. Take that bammer turds. Plus this team is young with only one senior. If you've never been to a college golf tourney were Auburn is playing I strongly recommend it.

AUBURN, Ala. – For the first time in school history, the Auburn men’s golf team is the consensus No. 1 team in the country, ranked first in the three major polls: the Bushnell/Golfweek Coaches Poll, Golfweek/Sagarin and Golfstat rankings.

“I’m proud of the entire team for their work ethic and commitment to pursue excellence,” head coach Nick Clinard said. “They are a great group of young men that are dedicated to being the best. I’m certainly proud of them and it’s a privilege to be their coach. We still have a ways to go, but we are working hard to improve each and every week.”

Auburn has won two out of four events played this season, winning the Carpet Capital Collegiate by nine strokes and tying for first with No. 3 Wake Forest at the U.S. Collegiate Championship where it defeated 10 teams currently ranked in the Bushnell/Golfweek Coaches Poll.

The Tigers also have two individual medalists in All-SEC senior Michael Johnson at the Primland Collegiate Invitational and Will Long at the U.S. Collegiate Championship.

Auburn has finished in the top three in every tournament this fall.

The Tigers will conclude the fall portion of the season Oct. 26-27 at the Royal Oaks Intercollegiate in Dallas, Texas.

Thanks for the posts and updates...and the reminder that their fall schedule (unlike baseball and softball) actually means something. Some talented young guys on the team this year.

Well done golf and Golf.

It's so good to see that programs like golf, softball, and soccer are getting better and better. We tend to lean on football to determine the state of AU athletics, but it's hard to deny the success several AU teams are having.

Archived