Ricardo Louis

Strychnine

Ricardo is hit and miss....but he owns the greatest catch in Auburn history. He's at least good for that. We definitely need to stop dropping all these good passes.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol Ricardo could not catch a cold. He is only good when the play is unrealistic and once in a lifetime. I am tired of AU players getting romanticized over 1 play. Ricardo for the prayer in JH and Davis for the kick 6 they had literally 1 good play their whole careers.

We agree to disagree them cause he was on both and it was clear. And the last one was dangerous

I don't usually make declarative statements about these kinds of things, but you are just wrong. I am replaying both of those plays on my tv right now. He wasn't touched on the play in the end zone. Not touched, at all. The last one he didn't get hit until after the ball went through his hands. It's pretty clear man. Not sure if you have access to the replay or not.

just watched again and I saw the same as barnacle

Ricardo is hit and miss....but he owns the greatest catch in Auburn history. He's at least good for that. We definitely need to stop dropping all these good passes.

That's what I was referring to with the OP. That catch was an absolutely clutch play. If the kick 6 hadn't happened after it, it would be the most talked about thing from 2013. When there's 30 seconds on the clock and you need to drive nearly the length of the field, I like the odds with Ricardo. The rest of the game he'll certainly be inconsistent.

This one's hard, because he had some really clutch catches and some bad drops. Would've been a different game (more like first quarter against Kentucky) had he (and others) held onto some catchable balls. But he was clutch at the end of regulation, for sure.

This one's hard, because he had some really clutch catches and some bad drops. Would've been a different game (more like first quarter against Kentucky) had he (and others) held onto some catchable balls. But he was clutch at the end of regulation, for sure.

I don't want to say that he wasn't clutch at the end of regulation, because those were both very important catches. However, those are both catches that I would expect any of our receivers to make. Not trying to take away from their importance though.

I don't want to say that he wasn't clutch at the end of regulation, because those were both very important catches. However, those are both catches that I would expect any of our receivers to make. Not trying to take away from their importance though.

Agreed. That's part of why I said this one was tough. I also think it's worth mentioning that he wasn't the only one to drop catchable balls in this game.

Agreed. That's part of why I said this one was tough. I also think it's worth mentioning that he wasn't the only one to drop catchable balls in this game.

Ray, Truitt, Cox to name a few (that might be it)

Ray, Truitt, Cox to name a few (that might be it)

Yeah, I think that might be it. And, of course, Louis dropped more; but he was also targeted more.

Think you need to edit your post.

Nah, I'll stand by it. His play got them into OT in the first place.

All the QB can do is throw it to them....he can't catch it for them too. Bet we lost over 150 passing yards on the drops today.

At least that many! With all due respect Stevens wouldn't be my go to receiver with game on the line. Ray (or maybe the walk-on) would be my choices if Louis is covered (or doubled).

Damnit! Y'all wanna see some receivers bail out their QB's on poorly thrown balls? Watch bammer's recievers...

They catch everything thrown in their vicinity. Pitiful to think that our upperclassmen receivers can't make routine catches. It's sickening...

Damnit! Y'all wanna see some receivers bail out their QB's on poorly thrown balls? Watch bammer's recievers...

They catch everything thrown in their vicinity. Pitiful to think that our upperclassmen receivers can't make routine catches. It's sickening...

Look, I agree that our receivers should've made 8 more catches today. But why do you want to go and compare them to Bama's receivers, as if those guys never dropped a ball?

Ummm... They rarely do.

What about other teams' receivers? Do they ever drop balls? Or is it only requisite to compare Auburn unfavorably to Bama?

I haven't either Josh.

I've never seen this many drops before from them .

— Josh Holsey (@HeyItsJholsey) October 24, 2015

Ummm... They rarely do.

What about other teams' receivers? Do they ever drop balls? Or is it only requisite to compare Auburn unfavorably to Bama?

Are you defending our receivers? How...

Don't let being an Auburn fan blind you. My point is, bammer's receivers won the game for them today. Ours on the other hand, well, lost it for us today.

Ummm... They rarely do.

Don't let being an Auburn fan blind you. My point is, bammer's receivers won the game for them today. Ours on the other hand, well, lost it for us today.

Not defending the drops we made. Our receivers should have played way better. My question is why you feel the need to compare our receivers to Bama's, specifically.

Cuz they have a bunch of freshmen and sophomore receivers that are consistently bailing out their sorry excuse of a 5th year senior quarterback... that's all...

Our upperclassmen receivers can't consistently do anything...?

Stewart struggled with drops every year before this. Ridley well....that's what great athletes do....of course our fan base seems to hate 5 stars jump on them quick and prefer to brag about that two star guy

Ummm... They rarely do.

Not defending the drops we made. Our receivers should have played way better. My question is why you feel the need to compare our receivers to Bama's, specifically.

Why not...they are the team that most people consider the "standard" and they are a team we play every year....so it's reasonable to think that if we want to beat them every now and then.... our players need to play with the same skill level and intensity that their players do.

Cuz they have a bunch of freshmen and sophomore receivers are consistently bailing out their sorry excuse of a 5th year senior quarterback... that's all...

Cuz they have a bunch of freshmen and sophomore receivers are consistently bailing out their sorry excuse of a 5th year senior quarterback... that's all...

Why not pick aTm, or Baylor, or another team, though, Altima?

Archived