3-7 in our last 10 sec games

Lowrider

I'll be honest, I initially thought that it might be that we are young. Then I realized that we have a good number of upper classmen. Could it be the culture as many have said? As Muschamp has said? Do we have players that are just more in love with being the BMOC, getting girls,and wearing cool gear than they are in love with football and championships?

At this point, who the hell knows.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This defense is by far the worst I have seen in 50+ years of Auburn football.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here

It's exaggeration but it's not really completely wrong. Kentucky should've gotten 500 yards and won, Arkansas probably got 500 maybe 600 and scored 54 points after not getting 30 the whole season I think. Jacksonville State and Louisville did almost whatever they wanted against us. We're pretty bad at defense.

No in 3 over times they got 457 yards.

They had 4 tho

I'll be honest, I initially thought that it might be that we are young. Then I realized that we have a good number of upper classmen. Could it be the culture as many have said? As Muschamp has said? Do we have players that are just more in love with being the BMOC, getting girls,and wearing cool gear than they are in love with football and championships?

Bill Belichick could be coaching this team and guys would still not set the edge correctly. Guys will still take terrible angles and not wrap up when tackling. The miss tackles on B.A. by our LB was unacceptable. It comes a point of time when accountability needs to be taken on the field.

Jacobs should resign or be fired today for agreeing to hire a looser like Muschamp. Muschamp should man up and leave and return his paycheck.JMHO

I gotta say, this trumps all of the ridiculous things I've read today.

That's saying a lot, since there's a lot of competition in this thread, alone.

Tough loss. Thought AU was going to pull it out after first OT. Although we are not a top ten team, there has been improvement since game two. Here is to hoping that they continue to improve.

Tough loss. Thought AU was going to pull it out after first OT. Although we are not a top ten team, there has been improvement since game two. Here is to hoping that they continue to improve.

Now THIS is a reasonable reaction to the game, IMO. And, if you'll forgive me, aubaseball, it's not coming from a sunshine pumper.

I wish I were as easy going as you are about this loss. We've had to improve to lose to a 2-4 Arkansas that won't be in a bowl game. Improvement at this rate has us at a guaranteed 5-7 as each game from here on out is much tougher than the fatties we played today. Today was our best shot at getting into a rythym for the last 5 games. Instead I feel we will now go the other way and losing to OM by 10 next weekend may be the remaining high point of the season. Damn I hope I'm wrong, but I lost a TON of faith in this staff today.

I wish I were as easy going as you are about this loss. We've had to improve to lose to a 2-4 Arkansas that won't be in a bowl game. Improvement at this rate has us at a guaranteed 5-7 as each game from here on out is much tougher than the fatties we played today. Today was our best shot at getting into a rythym for the last 5 games. Instead I feel we will now go the other way and losing to OM by 10 next weekend may be the remaining high point of the season. Damn I hope I'm wrong, but I lost a TON of faith in this staff today.

So, what if we'd won the game? What if we'd knocked away the pass on Arky's last 2-point conversion? Or what if they'd just overthrown it or dropped it? Then you'd be confident?! there wasn't much between winning and losing this game.

So, what if we'd won the game? What if we'd knocked away the pass on Arky's last 2-point conversion? Or what if they'd just overthrown it or dropped it? Then you'd be confident?! there wasn't much between winning and losing this game.

Except the score. :)

Except the score. :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Yep.

we will lost all but Idaho game

What he said...

If you can translate, that'd be helpful. I think ....

We do need to figure out how to win another 2 games this season to get into a bowl game. The extra bowl practice time is huge for next season. That said, other than the dropped passes, which contributed to the slow start, I was actually impressed with how we played today. There seemed to be a lot of effort and enthusiasm. War Eagle.

if all it takes is one more loss to get this coaching staff fired lets lose all the rest and remove all doubt about the ineptness of this coaching staff

Bingo!! This is where it starts, that's for sure.

3-7 in our last 10 SEC games.

Technically, that's correct. But that basically counts beginning half way through last season. Auburn was 4-4 in SEC play last year. Not good, but a whole lot better than this year will be.

Technically, that's correct. But that basically counts beginning half way through last season. Auburn was 4-4 in SEC play last year. Not good, but a whole lot better than this year will be.

How does 3-11 in our last 14 sound?

I would feel very little difference if we won in the 3rd OT on the 2 point conversion. It still took a miracle play to get into field goal range to have a chance to tie a 2-4 team to go to overtime. We still would have given up 3 straight tds in OT against a team that scored 12 against Toledo, 14 against bama and had only scored 30 or more points in 1 of 6 games. We still would have allowed ARKANSAS to burn 6 minutes off the clock with 7 remaining and take the lead (same team that scored 30 once all year). We still would have dropped 8 or more passes in the game. We still would have had an entire defense playing out of position on half the plays. We still would have taken terrible tackle angles and not wrapped up. We still would have had terrible pass coverage outside of 1 freshman. We still would have witnessed an H back run straight past TWO rushing lineman and dive on the ground. We still would have had very tight holes for a running back to get through and no one capable of running around the edge with speed.

I think that's plenty of reasons the score doesn't effect the opinion of the coaching job.

Plain and simple WM became a looser at Florida and now he has infected the team with it. Watch him on the sideline while he is getting butt handed to him, no fight left in him. Take the loss and send him packing. I bet Ellis Johnson is laughing his rear off at AU.

Dude are you high? I hate it when we lose but you are just having a temper tantrum. What nonsense.

How does 3-11 in our last 14 sound?

Sounds crappy. Hope it doesn't turn out that way. How does 13-9 sound over the past 22 SEC games sound? That's Malzahn's record in SEC play so far as Auburn's head coach. 59%. Not as good as anyone would like.

We do need to figure out how to win another 2 games this season to get into a bowl game. The extra bowl practice time is huge for next season. That said, other than the dropped passes, which contributed to the slow start, I was actually impressed with how we played today. There seemed to be a lot of effort and enthusiasm. War Eagle.

Really? that's a myth the coaches say, if you ain't getting it done now what's going to change? Its only good practice/preparation for the team you are going to play in the bowl.

Next spring everything is up for grabs, it's a new beginning, where have we heard that before. Off season conditioning, and coaches recruiting is more important than a few walk through practices for a sorry bowl.

Auburn needs to win for this season, if a bowl comes along great..unless its in Birmingham.

JJ not panning out really hurt our offense, no doubt, but this loss is on the defense. Muschamp needs to have free reign to let some assistants go and completely put his own staff in place. He still has some Ellis Johnson holdovers that he may not have hired if he were given the choice. I still believe he can turn it around, just not this year.

I've seen improvement from the offense over the season, but to say we have performed below expectations would be an understatement. Gus has to answer for that, but talk of firing him at this point is ridiculous. He'll be gone after 2016 with no improvement so we can complain all we want, but Gus will be here for another year. I just hope he can fix it so we don't have to have meltdown threads continually.

Archived